Should I go for Full time MBA

Hi, I will appreciate if someone can suggest me if I should go ahead for full time MBA. I am targetting for 1 year full time MBA. My profile is 11+ yrs of experience in IT, currently working as PM. I am not able to make to make up my m…

Hi,

I will appreciate if someone can suggest me if I should go ahead for full time MBA. I am targetting for 1 year full time MBA.

My profile is 11+ yrs of experience in IT, currently working as PM. I am not able to make to make up my mind on this and would welcome any insight from any of you who have done this around my stage.

What I kind of prospect I can expect after MBA as on the other side I have to disturb my current professional as well as personal life ? Would it be worth of taking this chance ?

Which colleges will be best to target for this ? Please suggest.

Thanks,
Aspraint2012.

Yes. Go for Executive MBA from IIM -A,B,C or ISB in India itself. It will not hamper your personal life also as you can stay with your wife and kid in the campus itself.

Hi,

I will appreciate if someone can suggest me if I should go ahead for full time MBA. I am targetting for 1 year full time MBA.

My profile is 11+ yrs of experience in IT, currently working as PM. I am not able to make to make up my mind on this and would welcome any insight from any of you who have done this around my stage.

What I kind of prospect I can expect after MBA as on the other side I have to disturb my current professional as well as personal life ? Would it be worth of taking this chance ?

Thanks,
Aspraint2012.

hello sir welcome to pg.....

requesting u to use the search option on the home page before opening new threads....

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670

please post ur queries in the above mentioned thread.....
it will have greater visibility and will be answered quickly....
best wishes

@reviliant : Thanks !!! Are these EMBA courses are full time ? does IIM accept the gmat scores for EMBA ? How is the placement scenario of these courses ?

Which will be better to target 1 year MBA course (I am looking at Queens, Ivey, Cranfield etc) or EMBA from IIM ? Which one will be more helpful in terms of giving me some kind of career leap and placement. Any thoughts !!!!

Hi,

Thanks,
Aspraint2012.

I would suggest going for M.B.A .full time is right step to leap in your job career.As you have sufficient experience,you are eligible to appear for screening tests in all IIM's,XLRI,Jamesshedpur and ISB,Hyderabad.

online school
@reviliant : Thanks !!! Are these EMBA courses are full time ? does IIM accept the gmat scores for EMBA ? How is the placement scenario of these courses ?

Which will be better to target 1 year MBA course (I am looking at Queens, Ivey, Cranfield etc) or EMBA from IIM ? Which one will be more helpful in terms of giving me some kind of career leap and placement. Any thoughts !!!!

sorry for gatecrashing in but 1) Yes..these MBA courses are full time on campus ones.. 2) Yes they do accept GMAT.. 3) Placement scenario is very good..worth the time and cost(opportunity+real) involved..4) a Queens/Cranefield would anyday provide you a more wholesome and global experience/recognition but yes at a higher cost and comparatively lower commitment(not many top notch global B-Schools lay as much emphasis on placement arithmetics as our homegrown IIMs do) towards placements..