Recommendation Letter - need help !!

Hi, I am leaving my current employer looking for opportunities ahead and also planning to apply to B-school. As recommendation letter(s) is mandatory while applying to B-schools ( also, which acts as an advantage while applying for jobs somew…

Hi,

I am leaving my current employer looking for opportunities ahead and also planning to apply to B-school. As recommendation letter(s) is mandatory while applying to B-schools ( also, which acts as an advantage while applying for jobs somewhere else) I have a few doubts for which i seek answers:

1. I am being told that its not possible to give a recommendation letter on a corporate letter head or a signed copy while the same could be provided on mail (not a scanned copy, a plain mail). Is a recommendation letter on mail accepted by B-schools ?
  2. Secondly, as an alternative I am being asked to get the typical format of a recommendation letter from B-schools where I intend to apply. I wonder if there is any format, as what I understand is that a recommendation letter is generally addressed "TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN" and issued on a letter head, which needs to be scanned and mailed to the AdCom (correct me if i am wrong)

Any thoughts regarding recommendation letter are highly appreciated as I have only few days as the last day is round the corner.

Thanks & regards,
StarWalker

PS: If a new thread is not needed, then please direct this query to an appropriate thread where it would answered immediately.
Hi,

I am leaving my current employer looking for opportunities ahead and also planning to apply to B-school. As recommendation letter(s) is mandatory while applying to B-schools ( also, which acts as an advantage while applying for jobs somewhere else) I have a few doubts for which i seek answers:

1. I am being told that its not possible to give a recommendation letter on a corporate letter head or a signed copy while the same could be provided on mail (not a scanned copy, a plain mail). Is a recommendation letter on mail accepted by B-schools ?
  2. Secondly, as an alternative I am being asked to get the typical format of a recommendation letter from B-schools where I intend to apply. I wonder if there is any format, as what I understand is that a recommendation letter is generally addressed "TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN" and issued on a letter head, which needs to be scanned and mailed to the AdCom (correct me if i am wrong)

Any thoughts regarding recommendation letter are highly appreciated as I have only few days as the last day is round the corner.

Thanks & regards,
StarWalker

PS: If a new thread is not needed, then please direct this query to an appropriate thread where it would answered immediately.

Starwalker, I think you can check out the following thread if you are looking for GMAT queries

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-query-center-2010-13-25055904

Hi Daemon Hunter,,

Thanks for the response. It would be more helpful if you could point out a particular post(s) I can refer to in order to seek answers for my queries,as the thread itself consists of 102 pages :S

Regards,
StarWalker

PS: I believe we have met before in some PG meet, right ?