Quitting the job b4 GMAT..Need suggestions

Hi all, This is my first post in PG and the most complicated one. I have been reading PG for the past days and found this very useful. Well I am Indian IT guy with 2.7 yr exp working in bangalore. Doing MBA abroad is my dream f…

Hi all,

This is my first post in PG and the most complicated one.

I have been reading PG for the past days and found this very useful.

Well I am Indian IT guy with 2.7 yr exp working in bangalore.

Doing MBA abroad is my dream from my col days..But unfortunately after working in IT industry I cant puruse my dream due to hectic schedule.

So I have quitted the job so tat I can prepare GMAT and apply for b-schools fully..Of course I knew this s a bad idea to quit it during this time..But if I keeping on working like this surely I wont able to follow my path..

Now am thinking should i have to try to another job that demand less work or proceed with GMAT plan?Did anyone had the relevant experience similar to this?

All the suggestions are mostly welcome.

PS: Still I have 2 months to relieve from current comp

"If you have to quit your job to manage just simple high school maths and english studies, how will you handle the rigours of an MBA program?" An adcom is very likely to ask you this.

If you can justify this you should be ok, else you need to rethink quitting your job.

hi selang,
how could you have two "first posts" on two different threads...

have a look at this thread...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-query-center-2009-10-25041262

search for existing threads before opening a new one...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/how-to-search-on-pagalguy-to-find-information-you-are-looking-for-25040724

By mistake I have posted two threads. I dont know how to delete existing thread.

It's not like cat which needs ppl to prepare really well. GMAT is designed for working ppl, so unless you are totally out of touch with math and English you shud keep ur job. But u needyo focus nevertheless. Even if u r made of money at such times it might lead to some intense questioning. Just be prepared with food answers if u quit ur job. And make it mean something , prepare and crack the GMAT. If u uv a fantastic score they might stop short of grilling u.

selang Says
Hi all, This is my first post in PG and the most complicated one. I have been reading PG for the past days and found this very useful. Well I am Indian IT guy with 2.7 yr exp working in bangalore. Doing MBA abroad is my dream from my col days..But unfortunately after working in IT industry I cant puruse my dream due to hectic schedule. So I have quitted the job so tat I can prepare GMAT and apply for b-schools fully..Of course I knew this s a bad idea to quit it during this time..But if I keeping on working like this surely I wont able to follow my path.. Now am thinking should i have to try to another job that demand less work or proceed with GMAT plan?Did anyone had the relevant experience similar to this? All the suggestions are mostly welcome. PS: Still I have 2 months to relieve from current comp

Ity