Query regarding Executive Program on Business Analytics by IIMC

Hi, Myself Gaurav Sharma working in Software MNC having 2 yrs Exp. I have few queries regarding EPBA program of IIMC:- 1.EPBA program provide a certificate from IIMC not a MBA/PGDBM degree. Will this certificate be of any value i…

Hi,

Myself Gaurav Sharma working in Software MNC having 2 yrs Exp.

I have few queries regarding EPBA program of IIMC:-

1.EPBA program provide a certificate from IIMC not a MBA/PGDBM degree. Will this certificate be of any value in market .
2. This program cost around 2lkhs for a year. Is it worth the investment.
3. The executive long distance programme is designed to expose participants to state of the art tools and techniques of analytics The programme coverage would include discussion on topics such as Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Soft Computing, Data Envelopment Analysis, Design of Experiments, Survey Sampling, Statistical Inference, Investment Management, Financial Modeling for Risk management, Advanced marketing Research etc.
What is the current scenerio of these fields of subject in Business Market ?

Hope for positive reply soon.........

Even I have same concern, can some one please update... thanks in advance.

Hi,

1.EPBA program provide a certificate from IIMC not a MBA/PGDBM degree. Will this certificate be of any value in market .
3. The executive long distance programme is designed to expose participants to state of the art tools and techniques of analytics The programme coverage would include discussion on topics such as Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Soft Computing, Data Envelopment Analysis, Design of Experiments, Survey Sampling, Statistical Inference, Investment Management, Financial Modeling for Risk management, Advanced marketing Research etc.

As the 2nd batch is round the corner, Last date to apply for the EPBA from IIMC is Feb 6th 2009. Am interested in applying for it. I have couple of years of experience in IT as a Software Engr. Can you let me know, If you have taken the certificate program?

And if anyone else have also taken it. There views on it so far? how has it been? Please throw light on how it would aid in making a career shift from IT to Analytics etc..

Thanks & Regards,
Vats
Hi,

It seems we all are sailing on the same ship.I have done B.Com(Honors) from Delhi Univerity and completed M.Com from Anna Malai University.Currently I am working in a UK based company as a Business Analyst(Business Research And Report Making).

I would like to apply for the Exe Business Analytics,but I have same doubts as gauravsharma171.

Can someone please shed some light on this please?

Much appreciated!

Hi!!

Try these links if they can solve your doubts:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iim-c-launches-3rd-batch-of-pgpex-vlm-one-year-full-time-executive-mba-in-operations-25035882
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iimc-pgpex-iii-interview-shortlist-and-beyond-25034278

I shall try to find out the people who are in the current batch to solve the issues you have raised.

Regards
Pallavi