Queries@SCIT

Hi ppl… Any queries regarding SCIT… Feel free to post here… Regards, Predator_11 SCIT

Hi ppl....
Any queries regarding SCIT.... Feel free to post here...
Regards,
Predator_11
SCIT

hey dude!!!

SNAP was fairly easy..
my attempts

DI 30
lr 16
verb 22
quant.. 15
gk 20

overall 103 with about 90% accuracy...

managed 61% in b. com. (hons.)
79% 10
62% 12

fresher :wow:

Plz... let me know if i can hope for IT Business Management course....

hey guys i wud like to knw abt the type of placements at scit n also summer training pgm out there ..
plus if possible do tell me wat kind interview takes place at beginning is it totally technical based
bye n tc

hey guys i wud like to knw abt the type of placements at scit n also summer training pgm out there ..
plus if possible do tell me wat kind interview takes place at beginning is it totally technical based
bye n tc

plz refer to thread "All Scit Applicants meet here".... answer to ur queries is already posted there...

hi,
am new to pagalguy...i want to know how good scit is....with regard to placements interns campus and all.....also can anyone just give an outline abt the course content ofm itbm, systems and s/w mgmt...which one is better??? and abt the interview how tech is it?? i am an information tech student....hope can manage the techie qns....kindly help..

hi,
am new to pagalguy...i want to know how good scit is....with regard to placements interns campus and all.....also can anyone just give an outline abt the course content ofm itbm, systems and s/w mgmt...which one is better??? and abt the interview how tech is it?? i am an information tech student....hope can manage the techie qns....kindly help..

Hey rrcsramya,
Refer to scit's website: www.scit.edu or scit brochure for course content of ITBM, NW, S?w, Systems...All courses are unique and cannot be compared... I suggest u should go for the course of ur choice/taste Placements is 100% with good pay packages... For u, background in IT is good plus point... Interviews are mix of technical and general... so i think u can handle that.

thnx a lot...and with regard to degree offered is it mba or diploma???

How is life at SCIT? 😁

IT SUCKS :grab: IT SUCKS :grab: IT SUCKS.

I don't know on which basis they select people at SCIT, but I am pretty sure they have something called UPPER CUTOFFS.

I am Dhaval Trivedi, and I applied for MPIT Jan Session. My SNAP score is 71.5 , I have a one year work ex of running a company, one year work ex as working on a site called RentACoder.com as a software consultant, with over 10 projects in market , and two legendary C++ articles in international magazines . What more, I was first in the university in my B.Sc. (Computers) . I had a fine time meeting with Ms. Shaila Kagal, too.

My GD/PI went quite well, and they haven't put me in the merit list!!! I don't understand why they wouldn't select such a candidate!! I don't think the institute will progress much this way.

Dhaval.

PS: Also, they have selected only 20 students, instead of 30 students, in January session.

Hi there.

I got the answer to their selection criteria!! They use RANDOM NUMBER GENERATION TOOL to shortlist the candidates for admissions!! #&%*@#% (I couldn't actually write the words, I am sure moderators will edit 'em). I request students who feel like this was unfair, and also the students who have got BAD EXPERIENCE with SCIT, to raise their voice. Remember, United we stand, and divided we fall.

In fact, somebody has raised the voice against SNAP, you can view that in this thread:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/snap-final-scores-25012620

Thanks,
Dhaval.

@Predator

I ended up with measley 40.75 in SNAP...Do I have any chance of getting a sortlisted for SCIT???....I am a fresher with B.Sc(IT) background...
10th 70.14%
12th 67.7%
B.Sc(IT) 64.09%
i.e. with an average academic record....
Please do reply...

Hi members of the group ... I was jus browsing the time's forume .. i jus saw this message there thot shud post here ...

Petition Against SNAP

I f u think u get much lower than expected score in snap , then u can sign online petition against it. click on this link http://www.petitiononline.com/snap2005/

so may be if any1 wanna ......

simply bcos there are better candidates.. dont bost off now... as u r nthing as compared to the ppl in our batch... they are 6/7/8 yrs exp as senior sys admin/noc engineers etc in companies like rediff/vsnl.net4india.. wt r u dude.. they left their companies at a package of 5/6 laks p.a.. so u know wr u stand in frnt of other candidates

Leave it dude. There is no point in discussion. I too firmly believe that the kind of people you stated must get into SCIT. But then if somebody is Fresher, from Commerce background, with average marks in academics, is getting in, then I would definitely feel bad to be left out. (I hope you've reviewed my profile).

However, I don't want to argue anymore on this point. Life never stops (until death). I take things positively. Maybe I'll proceed with my current activities.

Thanks,
Dhaval.

hi there
i had some queries regarding the GDPI session that they conduct and thought u were in best position to reply that coz i have seen other threads which were quite helpful.

well i want to know what is all about the psychometric test what type of questions are asked?
how r the GD topics are they abstract types or refer to current issues?

and the PI how it goes around i mean are they really strict?

Hi ppl....
Any queries regarding SCIT.... Feel free to post here...
Regards,
Predator_11
SCIT

HI...
IV GOT A SCORE OF 91.75 IN SNAP...VE GOT A CALL FROM SCIT.IM A BCOM GRADUATE...DUN VE A VERY GUD ACADEMIC RECORD IN GRADUATION...WOT DO U THINK IS THE SCOPE OF GETTING THRU DA GD/PI ROUND...WOT KIND OF TOPICS CUM FOR GDS? N DO I STAND A CHANCE BEING FROM A COMMERCE BACKGROUND...FOR THE COURSE ITBM?
ALSO IS THERE A PARTICULAR DRESS CODE FOR GIRLS FOR DA GD/PI ROUND...LIKE SAREES OR SUMTHIN? ITS NOT MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE...MY GD/PI DATE IN PUNE IS 19TH FEB...PLS LEME KNOW ASAP...

Hi Some GD Topics were:

1) 1 + 1 = 11

2) Is ash better or sush?

3) Are khans dominating bollywood? (I don't know why they hell they're keeping such topics for a computer course)

4) Should sourav ganguly be dropped from indian cricket team?

5) Middlewere is nowhere (this is more like it)

6) Call centres create cyber coolies (yeah)

Regarding psychometric tests, you'll be required to write answers to 40 questions, in 20 minutes. Mostly the answers will be one-liners, so don't worry. But think thrice before writing an answer, since they'll be having your answer sheet in the PI and you'll have to justify each and every answer (if at all you remember what you answered!)

They are very easy on PI. Questions consisted of core tech questions of your field (if you're from IT) and questions related to mgmt. (like teamwork, etc.)

Regards,
Dhaval.

hey thanx a lot....could u pls leme know if its true dat girls who come for gd/pi in sarees are preffered...sounds silly..but dats wot iv heard...n also if im frm bcom then wot kinda ques in pi for me....and also dat im comin to pune alone for my interview...r there any formalities to be done by our folks too...???pls leme know bout all dis if u can...thanx again for ur help man...

Hi.

Well if you are from b.com. and you mention that you don't know anything about computers, then it's ok (in fact, I know a girl who got thru in Jan session, was from b.com) They won't ask you much about that. But don't bluff.

Regarding the dress code, anything presentable is acceptable. Of course swimsuit is avoidable! (it may decrease the performance of boys)

Best of luck for your GD/PI.

Dhaval.

PS: I never made it to SCIT (still I don't know why), so you may consider asking other people, too.