Queries on IIM Calcutta selection process

Greetings all! I have a sincere request and it is: Please don’t delete or lock this thread. I have some pertinent queries which ought to be answered. I think I had seen a profile of someone, check the thread below: http://www.pagalguy.c

Greetings all! I have a sincere request and it is: Please don't delete or lock this thread. I have some pertinent queries which ought to be answered.

I think I had seen a profile of someone, check the thread below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-2012-iim-calcutta-call-getters-discussion-25050913

and check the profile mentioned by subhash r He had clearly mentioned his marks etc. I think they're decent enough; He also appears to have had a great score in CAT 2009 with all sectionals being above 96 and OA above 99.

My queries are: I heard that IIM Calcutta doesn't place much emphasis on past academics-- if that's the case then why didn't this person get a call from IIM C? I had heard that it places great emphasis on the CAT score, I think this person satisfies these criterion, why didn't he get a call?

My Profile:

10th (ICSE)-- 62%; 12th-- 76.8; B.Tech (IT)-- 63%

I had won some business plan events at Shaastra-- IIT Madras's technological festival.

I have around 9 months work experience now. I work in a company that caters to the financial services industry. Now, my gripe is: Can I ever manage to get a call from IIM Calcutta even when if I get a stellar percentile in CAT?

I'm seriously contemplating of attempting CAT '11. I'm a 2009 pass out from non-IIT/NIT college. But, on the flip side I have good co-curricular activities.

Now, can anyone please elucidate on the "selection process" of IIM Calcutta? If IIM C doesn't place any weight age on CAT score, then why didn't that guy( the guy whom I had mentioned) get a call?

Does IIM C have a minimum cut-off percentage of 80 or something in 10th?

Please answer my queries; I'm feeling desperate.

Thanks and Regards.

Hi,

These are the selection criteria for IIMC (2009-11) and (2010-12).

Greetings all! I have a sincere request and it is: Please don't delete or lock this thread. I have some pertinent queries which ought to be answered.

I think I had seen a profile of someone, check the thread below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2010-2012-iim-calcutta-call-getters-discussion-25050913

and check the profile mentioned by subhash r He had clearly mentioned his marks etc. I think they're decent enough; He also appears to have had a great score in CAT 2009 with all sectionals being above 96 and OA above 99.

My queries are: I heard that IIM Calcutta doesn't place much emphasis on past academics-- if that's the case then why didn't this person get a call from IIM C? I had heard that it places great emphasis on the CAT score, I think this person satisfies these criterion, why didn't he get a call?

My Profile:

10th (ICSE)-- 62%; 12th-- 76.8; B.Tech (IT)-- 63%

I had won some business plan events at Shaastra-- IIT Madras's technological festival.

I have around 9 months work experience now. I work in a company that caters to the financial services industry. Now, my gripe is: Can I ever manage to get a call from IIM Calcutta even when if I get a stellar percentile in CAT?

I'm seriously contemplating of attempting CAT '11. I'm a 2009 pass out from non-IIT/NIT college. But, on the flip side I have good co-curricular activities.

Now, can anyone please elucidate on the "selection process" of IIM Calcutta? If IIM C doesn't place any weight age on CAT score, then why didn't that guy( the guy whom I had mentioned) get a call?

Does IIM C have a minimum cut-off percentage of 80 or something in 10th?

Please answer my queries; I'm feeling desperate.

Thanks and Regards.

bro, you cant go in the past and change your marks and all... but you can now study and give your best shot to cat 11....

dont worry about things you cant change...
stopmlooking at profiles of people... and if you have searched extensively... then you must have gone through a guy nishantdvo...
he had 55 percent in btech... and he is in iimc....
take your pick....
b you must have gone through a guy nishantdvo...
he had 55 percent in btech... and he is in iimc....

Yes dude, I know that. But, I think he had a very good percentage in class 10th despite his B.Tech percentage being lesser than mine. The reason I'm asking this question is that I just would like to know if I have any distant chance of getting selected in IIM Calcutta or IIM Kozhikhode. If there's any chance then I would like to attempt CAT '11.

If there's not any chance of getting any call, (due to poor 10th or some acads) why even attempt in the first place.

Thanks and Regards!
Hi,

These are the selection criteria for IIMC (2009-11) and (2010-12).

I had gone through these criteria dude. But, I think IIM Calcutta does have some cut-off like 80% for tenth. IIM Ahmedabad has a cut-off of 70, right?

I would like to know why didn't the guy I had mentioned in the thread not manage to get a call from IIM Calcutta despite having such a good percentile?
I had gone through these criteria dude. But, I think IIM Calcutta does have some cut-off like 80% for tenth. IIM Ahmedabad has a cut-off of 70, right?

I would like to know why didn't the guy I had mentioned in the thread not manage to get a call from IIM Calcutta despite having such a good percentile?

why cant you go thru the criteria a bit more carefully ?
he didnt get selected coz his percentile was LESS than 99.50.... got it ?
now check the criteria again...and dont open new threads without doing some research...

was his OA above 99.5% ?? cause the cut off for IIM C was 99.5% this year
why cant you go thru the criteria a bit more carefully ?
he didnt get selected coz his percentile was LESS than 99.50.... got it ?
now check the criteria again...and dont open new threads without doing some research...

Oh is it so? The way that guy wrote his post I had thought he didn't get a call due to his academics in 10th class. If its 99.5 percentile, then I guess he didn't clear the overall cut-off. (99.4) Secondly, I don't understand what makes you so angry though.:shocked:

gudakesh Says
was his OA above 99.5% ?? cause the cut off for IIM C was 99.5% this year

No it wasn't. I think his overall percentile was 99.4. Between Why did IIM Calcutta increases its overall percentile so drastically this year? (2009 CAT). I mean, their overall percentile is often pegged at 99, right?

Hmm, It seems like I still have a ray of hope
Oh is it so? The way that guy wrote his post I had thought he didn't get a call due to his academics in 10th class. If its 99.5 percentile, then I guess he didn't clear the overall cut-off. (99.4) Secondly, I don't understand what makes you so angry though.:shocked:

No it wasn't. I think his overall percentile was 99.4. Between Why did IIM Calcutta increases its overall percentile so drastically this year? (2009 CAT). I mean, their overall percentile is often pegged at 99, right?

Hmm, It seems like I still have a ray of hope

Please continue here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2010-official-notification-application-discussions-25044724

Thread Closed.