placement scenario in foreign schools 2008/09

Dear Puys, Considering the fact that placement scenario is horrible across B schools. wanted to check out how are the indians faring in B schools abroad.(esp UK and europe), things are already bad in US. people studying at Oxbridge/HEC/Inse…

Dear Puys,

Considering the fact that placement scenario is horrible across B schools. wanted to check out how are the indians faring in B schools abroad.(esp UK and europe), things are already bad in US.
people studying at Oxbridge/HEC/Insead/IMD/IESE/LSB may be able to throw light on the same. Besides my reserach indicates that Indians in general have difficulty finding job from foreign B schools(relatively speaking to whites, it can`t be generalized).

Though I don`t have any stastistics but based on my discussion with my friends who have studied in B schools abroad(yale, Cornel, emory, Duke, Vandy). things are really bad in US.

What about schools in UK? how is the situation of getting a tier 1 visa (the substitute of HSMP)post MBA in UK?

Would really be great if few of the current students at OXbridge/LBS share the real scenario

Following link to a BW article isn`t painting a rosy picture.

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/co ... =rss_daily

Dear Nothing 1954, could you pls post the link to the full message put by mba cracker

the job scenario is what is more scary. bhai one thing is for sure that its not advisable to spend 40-60lacs INR and repay it in INR. loan liya toh it has to be paid in EURO, GBP, USD. otherwise with bags packed to India itna bada loan utaarne ke liye toh poori life nikal jaayegi.

can somebody throw lights on PR policies in USA/UK/EUROPE/AUSTRALIA.
wanna know how much time we get in these places to find a job before we are send back to India.

also we shud not judge foreign b-schools based oin this year's placements
coz everywhr the scene is the same
the whole world is suffering from this crisis

would really appreciate if someone studying at oxbridge shares their perspective on this issue

Dear Friends,

Doing MBA from UK is not worth these days, the Job scenarios is very bad, the employers doesnt show any interset in recruiting International students, moreover it is impossible these days to find part time jobs as well, I am doing my MBA from UK and still struggling for Jobs either part time or full time. My suggestion to you Guys is that if you want to come only for studies then it is up to you, but if you are thinking of earning money, jobs in companies, either good or bad, think several times before coming here.

Hello UK Mba - r u already studying at a bschool?
If yes, wud u mind sharing details?

-goldenirony

what type of details u want.

Hello UK Mba - r u already studying at a bschool?
If yes, wud u mind sharing details?

-goldenirony
Dear Friends,

Doing MBA from UK is not worth these days, the Job scenarios is very bad, the employers doesnt show any interset in recruiting International students, moreover it is impossible these days to find part time jobs as well, I am doing my MBA from UK and still struggling for Jobs either part time or full time. My suggestion to you Guys is that if you want to come only for studies then it is up to you, but if you are thinking of earning money, jobs in companies, either good or bad, think several times before coming here.

Where are you studying at? More importantly, what area are you targeting? Of course, you can't expect a top notch finance job just like that.
According to a couple of friends and ex-colleagues who are studying at LBS and MBS, the situation is obviously worse compared to previous years but not all that bad.
UK MBA Says
what type of details u want.

where r u studying & when r u graduating?
wats the placement scene like - specially for non EU students....

-goldenirony

I am studying in one of the finest b school of yorkshire region, famous in UK, having accrediated fully, but my friend job scenario is worst here, I loose my hope for getting job here. They simply reject the application from international students, without telling them the reason, I hope now u understand, dont beleive on education agents, like chopras,infozee etc they simply misguide students, and give addmission to uk unis, becouse they have commision on per addmission, now I think it make some sense for u.
Regards.

QUOTE=goldenirony;1602985]where r u studying & when r u graduating?
wats the placement scene like - specially for non EU students....

-goldenirony

I am studying in one of the finest b school of yorkshire region, famous in UK, having accrediated fully, but my friend job scenario is worst here, I loose my hope for getting job here. They simply reject the application from international students, without telling them the reason, I hope now u understand, dont beleive on education agents, like chopras,infozee etc they simply misguide students, and give addmission to uk unis, becouse they have commision on per addmission, now I think it make some sense for u.
Regards.

Could you please also name the school you are graduating from. I cant seem to recall any top 10 B school in the Yorkshire region. Also, if you decided to choose your B School by substituting diligent research with the advice of half informed admission consultants, then you have no one to blame but yourself.

Anyway, I have been talking to friends and colleagues in my school and some other top schools, all of them agree this is one of the worst years that UK schools are facing. But it is certainly not true that there is absolutely no jobs available for international students. While companies have become much more selective and the effort needed to land an interview has increased from last year, international students with relevant work experience are getting interviews. From what I have heard the bigger dissappointment among students is with the limited chance they have for a functional change in their profile.

One of my friend (an Indian) with excellent international work experience in IT consulting has been looking to get into strategic consulting and has been getting regular interview calls but has not accepted offers because he is not happy with the scope of the roles being offered. This was the common complaint among the students I talked to, rather than the complaint that there are no opportunities for international students.

While it is too early to predict the pace of the recovery, things are slowly but surely changing. Large Asian economies (India, China) have already started stabilizing and the developed world is also showing faint signs of improvement. So, though there might not be a sea change in the placement scenario next year it will surely be better than this year.

@nothing - You are talking about European region only i guess when you are talking about rising unemployment. The one advantage which UK mba's have is that they get a 2 year work permit after graduating. The time frame allows them to try to fetch a better job in maybe a less rcessionary market. I wonder how much importance does the first job after MBA hold though in the context that someone may get a better job a year down the line after graduating as the market improves gradually.

@gabriel - i think what you say hold for top tier UK B-schools in the present context. Any idea about how graduates from second tier schools like Lancaster are faring?

@ Nothing ... I dont have any specific data for Indian MBA's. I think there are around 25 Indian students in this years cohort. Of those 25, few of them are sponsored so they will be joining their old companies. About the rest, I dont know a lot, some, I believe have been actively considering enterprenuership opportunities.

For the whole MBA cohort, from what I have heard about 30 %- 40% have found jobs, or are in the final stages (contract negotiation) of getting one.

Again, this is what I have heard in my talks with students in the MBA. I have absolutely no official figures and wont be able to verify the figures that I have given either.

@connectansh. I am sorry, I have no idea about how things are in Lancaster. Recently there was a MBA cricket league in Cranfield. The 4 teams participating were from Said, Judge, LBS and Cranfield, it was during this event that I had a chance to talk to few students from other schools. My previous post reflect what I heard in my conversations with students from these schools.

I will post, if I hear anything about Lancaster or other business schools.

Cheers.

Friends,

I am new to this community and would be benefited from your replies.I would like to pursue IMMIT(International Master in Management of Information Technology) in Netherlands,Turku school of economics.
I came to know about this course from one my friend,I am 5 years exp in IT and looking for career change and a job in europe.And based on GMAT score,I may get erusmus mundus scholarship for this.
Please share your comments.I have not taken GMAT yet.

Friends,

I am new to this community and would be benefited from your replies.I would like to pursue IMMIT(International Master in Management of Information Technology) in Netherlands,Turku school of economics.
I came to know about this course from one my friend,I am 5 years exp in IT and looking for career change and a job in europe.And based on GMAT score,I may get erusmus mundus scholarship for this.
Please share your comments.I have not taken GMAT yet.

Thats a pretty narrow question and i doubt anybody especially in this thread would be able to help you as the discussions are based on placements in foreign schools. You might want to post your query on some other thread to get a more focused response.

BTW are you Mahindra Raju??

Thanks for your reply ghk and I am not the person Mahindra Raju.Would you please guide me in posting the query to proper thread.And also friends,please share your comments on the job opportunity with management course IMMIT if you are aware about it.

@ Mahe R, Oops sorry wrong person then. I had a friend and we called him Mahe!
Neways, try this thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956

May be somebody would know but the best source is information is a current student at that school.. So try contacting the schools and try to get in touch with a student or alumni.. I'm sorry i have no information about this school.

I have been actively contacting many BSchools. Though all of them behave very friendly and sound co-operative and eager to speak to you and clarify doubts, provide information. I have noticed very few instances where they are able to give any single gragment of information that is not available on the website. No offence, but seems whatever information School wants to share is on their website and Adcom or reps do not have any other information or it is not School's policy to share information.

e.g. A simple question of Scholarship opportinities is not answered by >95% schools. Everyone says, well its subjective, can be discussed after you have offer etc. etc. I understand all this, and not asking my chances or any confirmation, just asked "if there are such opportunities".

Placement question is avoided by almost 100% schools, maybe its only this year.