PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

Remember the essay topic in school → “What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?” :: Lets relive that here → What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com? :: *We can then discuss…

Remember the essay topic in school ->
"What will you do if you become the Prime Minister of India?"

Lets relive that here -->
What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com?

We can then discuss all the good/bad/ugly thoughts for the improvement of the forum later on this thread!

So think and make new insane/creative posting rules, newbie guide and any other thought which comes in your mind!

NOTE: ALL THE POSTS ARE TO BE TAKEN IN GOOD HUMOR. NO PERSONAL VENDETTA. YOU CAN BE FUNNY/SERIOUS/SARCASTIC AS WELL. ;)

PS: Didn't open in Suggestion/Feedback Section I have more controls over here. ;)

Booked for editing at a later date...

For now this comes to mind...

A better control over the Exam threads, given that results + calls season is around the corner... Perhaps, if possible, thread level control as well...

Regards,
Grondmaster

:snipersm: First of all if i were the mod i would have moved this thread to suggestions and feedback section:
If the thread starter really wants to take survey it should be on that section.
this is what i think & offcourse its "if i be the mod".... kindda suggestion 😃 ) i know his reasons but then if i be Super MOD of Admin i ll have controls at suggestions n feedback section right :)

:snipersm: secondly if i be admin
i would modify the definition of CAT C A T in GMAT & international section mostly stands for Computer Adaptive Test.
& if Pagalguy.com encourage the section they should at least add some definitions for that sections also LIke "OG", "C.A.T" & of course GMAT itself

do that first.

:snipersm: make a PDA version ( http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/archive/?pda=1 ) of pagalguy.com more visible. place it on top side somewhere with readable /visible font size. (yeah believe me there are loads of GPRS connection holders out there.

:snipersm: If i be admin; will try find the way to make this place less heavy in MBs and more heavy in fun. *white background might help* * reducing V-card size may help*

:snipersm:will change the ^culture^ a bit : "i mean making it sticky and then locking "
for examples:
on some specific points: some threads like this one has served and added great value to the forums. I dont understand why it was not made sticky :x the thread starter if wish not to entertain any queries any more then i would have locked the thread but still made it sticky
(also latest addition: i found this thread @GMAT very informative. worth making it sticky & then locking:)

:snipersm:add some more if i got some more

Ok.. Lots of things... Will keep on adding as an when I get the time....:biggrin:

First of all reiterating one of my suggestion given earlier.Umm Lets make it a pointwise thing... Will keep on adding points here:

1) Like we have sticky threads I would definitely add the functionality to threads at least in the CAt and other exams section, wherein a first post will contain all detailed info about the thread. Like in a Bschool thread everything right from Date of applications to last year placements and other general questions that people keep on asking post after post. So there should be asticky post will be a the top of each page of the thread. So the repetitive posts can be avoided and even the B-schoolers will be relieved to a extent

2) To be continued.......

Have newbie section in the home page titled "new to pg?"

am booking this place for future editing

Now what the hell would I do if I were the moderator/admin

1) Introduce a new button (like thanks and groans) and term it as "LOL"... There are lots of posts which shouldn't be thanked and you cannot groan at them (eg: ilovecats thread)... so... LOL is the only solution...

2)Add more comment space in the arcade section.. its really good....

3)Putting of a new thread is moderated... baap I have grown tired of reporting repetitive threads!!

4)try to have an option for the mods to add a poll in an existing thread.. man just think abt it, a new thread is made because no new poll can happen in the prev thread... would reduce a lot of ambiguity!

and yup..
me is thinking.. jus wanted to book this space...
and ya, Harsha's idea is seriously good!!

I will make Expressing oneself (which the mods term sometimes as SPAMMING )on the Shout Box LEGAL

Making unneccessary posts on Threads can be termed as Spamming surely since that gets ur Posts count up so u may have a selfish motive behind that... But SB!!! I think we all come there to take a break from our heavy discussions on B-Schools, Studies, MBA, etc.

This refers to usage of text as well as smilies! Smilies bring color to the SB so their abundance is very important!

After all we all come to the SB to unwind... and A Shout Box for Pagals can always accomodate Insane stuff...

2# There shud be an option to expand the Sb on the click of a Tab. Jise chota chahiya use Chotaa...jise bada chahiye use Bada

Views are welcome and so are Groans/Thanks!

STEP 1 - Will make Shoutbox bigger

PS- Coming soon: More STEPS

1. Introduce "Post/Thread of the week".
2. 'Mod' the mods.
3. Be consistent while banning puys.

Will do following things..not necessarily in order:

1. Will add an option of hiding one's post with a message "Click to see the message"
2.Will keep the SB accessible to all only for certain period during the day or night
3. LATEX or some other tool to use while writing equations in mathematics which are difficult to decipher in the absence of proper tool
4. Will allow somebody from the regular posters to moderate the forum for a fixed tenure which can be extended depending upon his/her preformance
5. It will be best if we could fix the number of pages a thread will run and after that we may continue the discussions in thread-2 on the same topic
...will add more...

If i become a mod i will distribute pg tees among all SB regulars first and will ban all spammers

next-coming soon:)

I think the mods are doing a great job,they are working really hard and keeping the forums clean and informative.

What I definitily WONT do is to throw my weight around every once in a while.

i will add feature wherein user can change their PG ID.
Second one would be feature to edit previous post.
Third would be PGMessenger, where all PUYs can chat with each other.
Fourth, a storage account for each PUYs to use it as storage to share files. Direct PG links.
Fifth, come out with more PG Merchandise and give them free to quality posters.
Finally a PG certificate of excellence to PUYs for their no of posts and quality of posts. At the same time tie up with good institutes and corporate houses to recognise these.

hmm.. I would like to bring in in more features into our own pg..
features such as a 1.search functionality which brings enable all the mba aspirants to look for other aspirants in their city..
2.there should be a seperate section where all the files are uploaded...
it becomes very difficult to search for attachments on pg otherwise...

will contribute more.. just booked the space

Two things. One of them is definately possible. Dont know about the technical feasibility of the other one.

Idea 1 : A new sticky thread. If someone(esp a noobie wants to open a new thread coz he cud not find a similar thread, he posts his idea and the mods / older members can find him a thread if it exists.

Idea 2 : Opening a new thread should not be allowed before "searching" at least 3 times. In other words, for a particular login session, a user has to search at least 3 times before he can open a new thread. Provided this idea is technically feasible, it might just reduce the number of redundant threads and threads openend by noobies

Q> PG Survey: What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com ?
Ans> Hunt down threads like these and close them after banning the starter of the thread for a week ...... as simple as that !!!

added later :

all those who have groaned; sorry to say but i pity ur sense of humor ;)

Off the top of my head :

1) Find a way to speed up SB. Right now, its way too slow. i cant carry on a decent conversation for more than a minute.
Another way to solve this problem is to figure out how to make that long lost project of a PG Instant messenger work!

2) Get more mods asap...People who have atleast gone through 2 CAT seasons on PG & are respected ...I see some veterans who oughta be mods, but arent ( There might be specific reasons for this, I wouldnt know).

3) I also think that the scarcity of mods/other positions is a reason why most people move away from PG after they spend 2 yrs on da site or get into a Bschool(atleast by 2nd yr) .
If I was the PG admin, I would create positions , for example : 2-3 mascot type characters from each batch representing each Bschool. This would ensure that a bunch of seniors remain active on PG even if they are in their 2nd yr or possibly after that(dreaming ). This is in addition to the B-school ranks, of course

Space booked for the next 20 points I have... to be posted soon...Havent even touched the "spamming tsunami" issue yet!!:)

Cheers,

zanyzaphod

If I become a moderator/administrator in PG,

I would try and visit different threads and look after the posts which are pretty interesting..they can be awarded as "Best Post of the Month/Week/Fortnight"

Also good & multiple posts by a single user can make him/her "Best Pagal of the Month/Week/Fortnight"

And if they write any article,it should not be copy paste from somewhere

This will increase quality of threads and people will think before they write anything.

Also I would start this thread (What will you do if you become a Moderator/Administrator on PaGaLGuY.com) ...so that good ideas keep pouring in more frequently..

i will add feature wherein user can change their PG ID.
Second one would be feature to edit previous post.
Third would be PGMessenger, where all PUYs can chat with each other.
Fourth, a storage account for each PUYs to use it as storage to share files. Direct PG links.
Fifth, come out with more PG Merchandise and give them free to quality posters.
Finally a PG certificate of excellence to PUYs for their no of posts and quality of posts. At the same time tie up with good institutes and corporate houses to recognise these.

Superb one - I think the mods shud seriously consider this - was on my mind from long - will be kind of an extension to the shoutbox - say a provision for dynamic PM or so...

Ashish