Stanford 2006 Indian admit

883 Posts  ·  293 Users
About this group
Hi All, I am Indian, got an admit from Stanford GSB 2006. :: :: YAHOO. Really happy. Got some little scholarship :: :: :: . Beauty of Stanford is that if I decide to move out of US for first job most of the loans will be forgiven. So ...
Page 1 of 89
Hi guys/gals

Is there noone who wants to get into Stanford (or other top b-schools)?
You can post a brief profile of yourself if you are targetting for fall 2007 admissions (or later) to top b-schools and I can help out.

Senapati

Here is my profile.

-------------

Education :

B.E ( CGPA : 8.91 )
XII ( 92 % )
X ( 94 % )

Work Ex. :

I graduated in 2006.
worked for an MNC for 16 months.
Then switched to Amazon.com . working here for the past 4 months. I started a team here @ Amazon. Handled all project management stuffs.
Got a call from Google . Will be joining after few months.
By the time I join MBA, I will have almost 3 years of Work exp and will be working in Google.

Extras :

I am a part time entrepreneur. I was running a website for some days, after which I dropped it to get more expertise on business terms.
I used to do a lot of freelancing.
Will do a lot of informational blogging.
Served as the 'Secretary' of a Student club during UG.

Community Services :

Nothing much. What are considered to be community services. I have donated money to poor. Have done some NSS activities in school and UG. As an IT guy, What is expected ? Can you suggest some...

Expected GMAT score : > 750

--------------

Negatives :

Low work exp. ( ~ 3 yrs )
Not from a reputed College for UG.
No NGO stuffs
No much international work exp. ( have went once for a 3 week period for training )

---------------

Hi Senapati,

Can you please help me find whether I can get an admit in Stanford GSB. It is my dream school. What are the things I need to improve to make my profile look good.
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.
thanks for ur suggestion...
i hope GRE lands me into equally good schools for the course i wish .. can u also provide some links to search for good schools wich help me getting majors in SCM or operation management.. thnxs..

no links but good schools of your interest could be

MIT (has a very intensive nine months course in Boston and Zaragoza, Spain)
University of Michigan

Cheers
Saurav,

Stanford is one of the rare schools that take GRE for MBA as well. However since you want to go in for an MS in operations or SCM, I would suggest taking the GRE since it covers both the grounds anyway.

I think there is just one more school that accepts GRE scores but i forget the name. Sorry couldn't be of more help. try searching for the relevant article on businessweek's website.

Cheers

thanks for ur suggestion...
i hope GRE lands me into equally good schools for the course i wish .. can u also provide some links to search for good schools wich help me getting majors in SCM or operation management.. thnxs..
can GRE scores be submitted for stanford.

i want to major in operation management or SCM. have just 9 months exp as of now. i am confused if to write GRE or GMAT for MBA or MS in operations management or SCM.
are there any top schools which will accept gre and work ex of only two yrs(wen i will apply) for this course..
kindly guide

Saurav,

Stanford is one of the rare schools that take GRE for MBA as well. However since you want to go in for an MS in operations or SCM, I would suggest taking the GRE since it covers both the grounds anyway.

I think there is just one more school that accepts GRE scores but i forget the name. Sorry couldn't be of more help. try searching for the relevant article on businessweek's website.

Cheers

Congrats Senapathi!!! A very interesting profile...

can GRE scores be submitted for stanford.

i want to major in operation management or SCM. have just 9 months exp as of now. i am confused if to write GRE or GMAT for MBA or MS in operations management or SCM.
are there any top schools which will accept gre and work ex of only two yrs(wen i will apply) for this course..
kindly guide

Hi, senapati. congratulations for getting into stanford... i am also preparing for GMAT, i would like to receive your suggestions and guidelines to get good score in GMAT. and information about good business schools and there admission procedure. what is the procedure for stanford? what is ur view about ISB Hyderabad? regards shridhar shukla, Senior Software Engineer. Bangalore. my personal mail id is sdsinfo@indiatimes.com . give me some idea as: from where u did training. what boooks u studied . how u did preparation . how long it takes for preparation . how defficult is to achieve more than 750. what is minimum GMAT score for stanford. what is the criteria about TOFEL score?

Hi All,
I am Indian, got an admit from Stanford GSB 2006.
YAHOO. Really happy.
Got some little scholarship.
Beauty of Stanford is that if I decide to move out of US for first job most of the loans will be forgiven. So if there is some problems with H1 no problems, very little loans.
Profile: IIT Kanpur Mech Engineer GMAT: 790 work exp: 3.5 will be 4 by the next July
Sector: Working in oil sector. Lots of international experience in unsual places (Siberia, West Africa, now in Mozambique(Africa)).
Anyone having tips contact me my posting in the forum

PS: Anyone heading for California share info, coz never been there

Hi,
I passed out BE from Mumbai University(college unknown private) 60%
I had a drop of 2 years due to unfortunate circumstances.
I worked in a private civil software company for 2 yrs as Marketing Head.
I gave my GMAT (570 score)
I got admission in Thunderbird Global Management, which is good in Global Business .I have heard its ranked in the top for global business.
I heard it has great prospects for international students...what are my prospects for getting a job?
kindly advice
Thank you

Hey sena.. congrats for getting an admit in stanford.

few questions to answer..

my profile: BE+2 yrs IT work ex(MNC)+GMAT 710

1. is it ok to apply to top 10 Bschools in US wid my kind of profile?

2. keepin in mind the present subprime/mortagage crisis which is eatin up the finance market in US, how easy/difficult is it to get a job in US post mba?

Hi
I Am Ramya..hoping To Write Gmat This Year...ned Your Advices And Suggestions..i Am Presently Working As A Software Engineer..
Hope U Reply To This