One Year Mba At Spjimr '07 Batch Queries

Hi Guys… This is pankaj from Spjimr PGDM (One year) batch . You can shoot ur queries regarding addmission and any other. I will try to answer as much as i can. All the best to all of you. Placement link for last year batch: http://…

Hi Guys..
This is pankaj from Spjimr PGDM (One year) batch .
You can shoot ur queries regarding addmission and any other.
I will try to answer as much as i can.
All the best to all of you.

Placement link for last year batch:
http://www.spjimr.org/pgpx/pgdm_placement.asp
Please visit the following link for last year's discussion
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/one-year-mba-at-spjain-06-batch-admission-25011122

Hi, thanx 4 starting this thread. i hav applied 4 this course. website says results will be out by 6th may. I had a cat %ile of 95.55. I am an architect with 11+ yrs of exp in real estate. ur views on my profile? what chances?

guys, if i am not getting too personal could you please tell me what where your cat/xat %iles as I did not get call inspite of good work ex and acads//....:(

PANKAJ Please let me know what was the lowest %ile in your batch???

Thankx in advance..

Azeem

Well
To be honest, nobody can be sure of who will be shortlisted.
But, as they want diversity in a perticular batch,so u stand a good chance of getting a call.
lets hope for the best.

Pankaj

bun_pat Says
Hi, thanx 4 starting this thread. i hav applied 4 this course. website says results will be out by 6th may. I had a cat %ile of 95.55. I am an architect with 11+ yrs of exp in real estate. ur views on my profile? what chances?

Azeem ,

well u may be knowing that SPJ is somewhat different than other colleges in terms of shorlisting the candidate.
To be precise, it is not only the CAT percentile but ur overall profile which is being considered here.
My CAT was 92.Dont know much abt others.
But , pls keep in mind that it totally depend upon all other people who has applied.
Hope i am able to simplify the matter little bit.
All the best for all other things.

Pankaj

guys, if i am not getting too personal could you please tell me what where your cat/xat %iles as I did not get call inspite of good work ex and acads//....:(

PANKAJ Please let me know what was the lowest %ile in your batch???

Thankx in advance..

Azeem
Azeem ,

well u may be knowing that SPJ is somewhat different than other colleges in terms of shorlisting the candidate.
All the best for all other things.

Pankaj

Hi Pankaj,

Thankx for your inputs buddy..... I had a horrible score in cat this year so that is the reason I was not able to apply for one year... I need a favour from you , pl try to find out the lowest %ile (if you could), take you time as I am going to apply next year... Also let me know if work ex of 5.6 yrs is sufficient (what is the avg work ex of your batch)...

Thankx in advance.
azeem

hi..
jus wanted to confirm..spjimr says this is 3rd batch for one yr..and class room starts from jan 07..so does 4th batch one yr classroom start in june 07? is the entry twice a year?

are GMAT scores accepted for this course?

Just now saw the list of candidates called for interview.. and my name appears in the list... Now I have huge dilemma before me... I have been offered admission in IIMB for the PGSEM course and the course starts on june 23rd... can some sesnior in SPJain let me know what would your thoughs on this be?

i would like to know why spjain had extended date for application for 07 batch....

Hi All,

are GMAT scores accepted for this course?.........will any one reply on this regard??

hello pankaj

my name is also pankaj any way....

i have been shortlisted for the GD.PI in operations
my doubt is regarding the min. work exp. they ask for....
is it two or five years... thanks
and what is the schedule of classes in one yr program...
classes start in july 06 or jan07 plz tell that...
bye

it is not twice a year for sure but dont have any idea when the 4th batch will start.

hi..
jus wanted to confirm..spjimr says this is 3rd batch for one yr..and class room starts from jan 07..so does 4th batch one yr classroom start in june 07? is the entry twice a year?

Yes.pls visit spjain site for more info

Hi All,

are GMAT scores accepted for this course?.........will any one reply on this regard??
hi..

Hi bicbimpa,

The entry is not twice an year. This year is special case. Let me explain you why. The course has 2 components, web learning (before classroom teaching for 3 to 6 months) and classroom teaching for 1 year

For the 1st batch:
Web learning: April 2005 - June 2005
Class room: June 2005-June 2006

For the 2nd batch (mine):
Web learning: Jan 2006 - April 2006
Class room: April 2006-April 2007

For the 3rd batch:
Web learning: June 2006 - Jan 2007
Class room: Jan 2007 - Dec 2007

For the 4th batch:
Web learning: June 2007 - Jan 2008
Class room: Jan 2008 - Dec 2008

Hence for this year there is over lap. Hope above helps.

Regards,
Maru

hi all
congrates to all who got a call from spjain 1 yr. i too got my interview call.
i dont know whether they conduct a group interview or single.
PANKAJ u know better so just guide me what topic and any particular question they ask .
thnaks

wesriram Says
Just now saw the list of candidates called for interview.. and my name appears in the list... Now I have huge dilemma before me... I have been offered admission in IIMB for the PGSEM course and the course starts on june 23rd... can some sesnior in SPJain let me know what would your thoughs on this be?

Hi wesriram,

First of all congrats on getting admission to PGSEM course of IIMB and getting interview call for SPJain 1 year.

Here are a few points I feel you need to consider.

1) Cost of the course: PGDM is 5.5 lakhs while PGSEM is much cheaper
2) Loss of salary: For PGDM you would need to break work for 1 year since PGDM is a full time course, while PGSEM is part time
3) Brand Name: IIM brand is definitely better than SPJain
4) Work Exp of peers: Since both are for experienced professionals, there would be no much difference. However in SPJIMR for core subjects both information and operations people would be present. Hence wider scope for learning from peer
5) Placements: SPJIMR has placement at end of year, while PGSEM does not provide
6) Location: For SPJIMR you need to shift to Mumbai, while for PGSEM if you are a Bangalorean, no displacement is required.
7) Intensity: SPJIMR's course is very intense, so would be PGSEM. However in PGSEM you would be juggling between work,study,family. In SPJIMR it is just study if you are in hostel, study and family if you are put up in your own accomodation.
Currriculum: Both are almost similar however SPJIMR content is little more business oriented.

Hence you need to consider all the above aspects before you take a decision. I am currently in SPJIMR-PGDM 1 Year MBA. I opted for full time since I am married and working in a senior position in software firm(8 years of work-ex). I felt i would not be able to do justice to family, work and studies if I did part time.

Hope above helps. Pl. feel free to ask more if reqd.

Regards,
Maru
(SPJIMR-PGDM 2006-07)
hi all
congrates to all who got a call from spjain 1 yr. i too got my interview call.
i dont know whether they conduct a group interview or single.
PANKAJ u know better so just guide me what topic and any particular question they ask .
thnaks

Hi Bond,

Congrats on getting the call. All the best for your interview. For us, I am currently in Batch 2 i.e Apr 06 to Apr 07, we had 2 rounds of interview both being group interviews. Pl. note these are not group discussions. In the sense even we are seated as a group, the questions will be asked individually.

First one was about general subjects like why did US go to war with Iraq, what is the importance of quality and processes e.t.c

Second one was about why you want to do an MBA, that too in SPJIMR and that too an 1 year MBA.

They may ask you to do a small write up as to why MBA before interview. It is advisable to be consistent in the interview with what you have mentioned in the write up, because the professors will have your write up when they ask you questions.

Hope above helps.

Regards,
Maru
(SPJIMR-PGDM 2006-07)

Hi all,
congrats to all the shortlisted people.atb.
glad to c my name in the list of shortlisted candidates(OM) also.
started prep but no clue what to read n what not to.

Seniors(Maru, Pankaj....)
please tell whether questions regarding work ex will be very detailed or just ez?
Do I need to prepare for technical details related to my work?
I am working in BHEL (engg function).
Shall I gather some info regarding other functions(viz PPC,MM,Fin etc) also?

thanx in advance
cya
lalit