Oil and Gas

Hi guys, Wanted your advice on this matter. I currently have 1 year experience in the Oil and Gas sector. Due to some contractual problems, i resigned from the company. Now though I have job offers in sectors other than oil and gas, i do not …

Hi guys,

Wanted your advice on this matter. I currently have 1 year experience in the Oil and Gas sector. Due to some contractual problems, i resigned from the company. Now though I have job offers in sectors other than oil and gas, i do not have any with regard to the oil and gas sector (i have exhausted my efforts to find one based on my experience in the gulf !) I have written CAT 2007. My result was not good, 75 percentile. I have applied to the 2 institutes offering MBA in oil and gas IPMG, gujrat & UPES, dehradun.

Q) Wanted your opinion on whether it is better go in for an MBA from the above 2 institutes in case i get through or gain some exp. and go for a better college.Also wanted to know how difficult or easy is it to get into Oil and gas sales after doing an MBA in marketing considering part of my exp may not be in oil and gas. I really am interested in oil and gas sector!! ..Thanks a lot. Your advice is valued

If u have an engineering Background and relevant exp in OIl and Gas than the above 2 colleges are very good...

Ya, I have a B.E. (Mech) degree..Thanks for your opinion..

Y dont u talk with students... they would give u the perfect picture...

Hi guys,

Wanted your advice on this matter. I currently have 1 year experience in the Oil and Gas sector. Due to some contractual problems, i resigned from the company. Now though I have job offers in sectors other than oil and gas, i do not have any with regard to the oil and gas sector (i have exhausted my efforts to find one based on my experience in the gulf !) I have written CAT 2007. My result was not good, 75 percentile. I have applied to the 2 institutes offering MBA in oil and gas IPMG, gujrat & UPES, dehradun.

Q) Wanted your opinion on whether it is better go in for an MBA from the above 2 institutes in case i get through or gain some exp. and go for a better college.Also wanted to know how difficult or easy is it to get into Oil and gas sales after doing an MBA in marketing considering part of my exp may not be in oil and gas. I really am interested in oil and gas sector!! ..Thanks a lot. Your advice is valued

i feel u should get some more experience and go for a better college.It wont be that tough to get into OnG sales if u get out of a premier or a A category college...its always better to have a known accomplished institute on ur resume..hope it helps..

Hi...Plz anybody tell me about the placement figures (highest and avg. pacakges) for the UPES Gurgaon campus (for energy trading,aviation mgmt and LSCM) .Is it really worth to spend this much amount of money?

You want to work in Sales as in Sales and Trading in O&G; sector or is this some other sales you are talking about .... Most O&G; producers have a sizeable desk to hedge their production .. dealing in futures... so i don't think a MBA in O&G; is the way if you want to trade or sell derivatives for a O&G; company .... but if this is real product sales you are talking about then ignore my comment ..... for Sales and Trading in a O&G; company ... any relevent commodity desk exposure should be useful ... best wishes for you applications and job search

any one know atleast the companies that visit upes for oil&gas; management?

john_almighty Says
You want to work in Sales as in Sales and Trading in O&G; sector or is this some other sales you are talking about .... Most O&G; producers have a sizeable desk to hedge their production .. dealing in futures... so i don't think a MBA in O&G; is the way if you want to trade or sell derivatives for a O&G; company .... but if this is real product sales you are talking about then ignore my comment ..... for Sales and Trading in a O&G; company ... any relevent commodity desk exposure should be useful ... best wishes for you applications and job search

What is the MAT cut off percentile for UPES and how is d placement???

Anonomous87 Says
What is the MAT cut off percentile for UPES and how is d placement???

pathtic.....see UPES dehradun - Page 124 - PaGaLGuY.com - The Everything of MBA in India and Abroad, CAT 2011, GMAT, XAT, MAT completely///....when i say completely se completely