Official Quant Thread for CAT 2021

This is the Official CAT 2021 Quantitative preparation group. Solve questions & discuss answers/solutions shortcuts & tips with other CAT aspirants.

Please assist me with this

Please assist me with this

Could someone please help me with the process

A milkman has six cans, each containing 10 litres of milk, of concentrations 20%, 30%, 40%, 50%, 70% and 80% respectively. If he mixed milk from exactly three of the cans to form one litre of milk of exactly 50% concentration, in how many ways could he have selected the three cans? a) 14 b) 15 c) 16 d) 17 

Raju is a driver who has to transport 4500 products from Pali to Girdwala, Rajasthan. The distance between them is 1500 km. The truck can carry a maximum of 1200 products in each trip. He is short of cash and hence for every 1 km he travels towards Girdwala, 1 product is taken by the tax officer. However, if Raju is returning from Girdwala to Pali, he does not have to pay any taxes. How many maximum number of products can Raju deliver from Pali to Girdwala? 

Traffic NH4, Chennai Bangalore highway moves at a constant speed of 90kms per hour in both directions.A Bangalore bound driver passes 20 Chennai bound vehicle in a 2 minute interval.assume that the vehicle on the Chennai bound lane are equally spaced.which of the following options is closest to the number of Chennai bound vehicle in a 90km stretch of the highway?

Please assist me

Please help me with this

Anyone know how to solve question no. 4 ?

Ramesh takes 6.5 hours to go from city A to city B at 3 different speeds 30 kmph, 45 kmph, and 60 kmph covering the same distance with each speed. The respective mileages per liter of fuel are 11 km, 14 km and 18 km for the above speeds. Ramesh's friend Arun is an efficient driver and wants to minimise his friend's car's fuel consumption. So he decides to drive Ramesh's car one day from city A to city B. How much fuel will he be able to save? 

A)4.2 liters

B)4.5 liters

C)0.7 liters

D)0.3 liters

A merchant decides to sell off 100 articles a week at a selling price of Rs. 150 each. For each 4% rise in the selling price he sells 3 less articles a week. If the selling price of each article is Rs x, then which of the below expression represents the number of articles sold by the merchant in that week?

1. 175 - x2x2
  2. x3x3 + 156
  3. 350 - x22x22
  4. x2 - 2x + 75

Three friends A, B and C play a game in a pub. The rules are simple. Whenever there is a contest between any two of them, the one who has a higher percentage alcohol should pour 200 ml of his wine into the one having lower percentage alcohol. The game starts as a contest between A and B, then B and C and then C and A. Post this, the game continues in the same cycle on and on. If a player has emptied all his alcohol, then the remaining two play the game with the same rules. If two players have the alcohol of the same percentage level, the younger one pours 200 ml of his alcohol into the elder one’s glass. All three of them start the game with 600 ml of wine. A’s wine has 60% alcohol, B’s has 48% alcohol and C’s has 50% alcohol. They take 3 minutes to play one round of this game. D, a fourth friend leaves the pub immediately after the game begins, returns after an hour and drinks wine from the person who has the highest alcohol percentage. What is the concentration of the alcohol that D had?

A)51.5%

B)52.67%

C)53%

D)Cannot be determined

If you still haven't started your prep, Please do it from tomorrow onwards :) You can still score a 100 but I can't say anything once August passes. SO SHUT UP AND GET TO WORK.