[Official] LM Thapar School of Management (LMTSM) 2020-22 Admission Queries

Join the discussion on L M THAPAR SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (LMTSM) 2020-22, TU, Mohali and Get all the details about Admissions, Fees, Cut Off, Campus, Placements and much more.

LM Thapar School of Management is one of the top MBA colleges which has undergraduate, postgraduate and Doctorate courses. The Institute aims to provide great learning and development to the students in the field of engineering, technology and management. The placement highlights of the Institute are also good with almost 90% of the students being placed in good companies with a good salary package. The institute also provides a platform for the students in order to prepare them for group discussions, personal interviews and aptitude.

• Name of the Program: MBA

• Duration: 2-years

• Mode of Education: Full-time residential

• Acceptable Test: CAT/ XAT/ GMAT

Eligibility criteria

• The candidates should have a Graduation degree in any discipline with at least 50% aggregate marks from a recognized University OR

• They can have a Post-Graduation degree in any discipline with 50 % aggregate marks

• The candidates will be selected on the basis of CAT/ NMAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ GRE and the TU entrance examination

Admission Process

• The candidates who are willing to apply for this course will have to visit the official website of LMTSM, i.e. lmtsm.thapar.edu

• The candidates will then be shortlisted based on their performance on the of CAT/ NMAT/ XAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ GMAT/ GRE and the TU entrance examination

• The final selection will be made on the basis of entrance examination score and the candidate’s performance in the Group discussions and Personal Interview

• The shortlisted candidates will be informed about the admission processes via email provided at the time of registration

Placement Details

• Highest salary (International): 21.66 Lakhs per annum

• Highest salary (Domestic): 18.81 Lakhs per annum

• Average salary: 6.91 Lakhs per annum

L M THAPAR SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT, TU, PATIALA

The LMT School of Management is the epitome of a new thought taking shape in the parlance of Management that combines multiple economic and social models with technology as a back bone to create a strategy of success in the realm of uncertainties..

The school offers Mba Programme in following fields:-

MBA (Manufacturing)

The
LMT School of Management offers a two-year (4 semester) post graduate programme to
the engineering and Science students who need to cope up with the vicissitudes of the general global economic environment which in many cases is the enabler of the business success.

CORE COMPETENCY :
The program aims to develop an appreciation for blending IT tools with core manufacturing process to move towards a more productive environment that recognize the value of speed,
customer and zero defect without creating a non value adding super structure.

MBA (IT NETWORKING)

The
LMT School of Management offers a two year (4 semester) course on MBA (IT NET)
for graduate Engineers and science graduates who desire to equip themselves with
complimentary capability to cope up with the mutable socio and techno economic environment that in many cases directly impact on the success / failure of a business.

Admission :

The candidates will be selected on the basis of merit of the Entrance test, GD and Personal
Interview. Due weightage will be given to work experience if any they might possess.
The candidates who have appeared for any of the nationally recognized entrance tests for
management education like
CAT,MAT,XAT,JMET etc will be considered for admission through Group discussion and personal interview only.The candidates who did not appear in abovementioned tests will be required to appear in the test to be conducted by TU,Patiala
For further information can contact me 24X7

I think the topic for this post is confusing... The info above is not Life@LMTSOM, but its related to admission at LMTSOM.

fatuousbrain Says
I think the topic for this post is confusing... The info above is not Life@LMTSOM, but its related to admission at LMTSOM.

Thanx for correcting me man, actually i just wanted to giv a start to thread by providing sum insights bout the insti.....

So how's life at "LMTSOM" ?

As it is Thapar , it must be really rollicking 😁 (Pun intended)

So how's life at "LMTSOM" ?

As it is Thapar , it must be really rollicking 😁 (Pun intended)

well life at Lmtsom is cool, as the school is a part of Thapar campus der is always
sumthin or oder goin on................... u will neva need to go out of campus,lolz , mainly coz
u neva will get enough time................ ppl here always keep u busy in sumthin or oder..
classes r 7 days a week, wid guest lectures n seminars............... well for doin wat u call
fun shun n tafri der is nescafe n jaggi sweets............... (if u havin a gf u will be too happy
to find to many lonely hooks n corners) sum studetns also hav formed an ngo for a gud
cause.............. for muzic lovers der is college rock band............ for yoga lovers der is a
yoga club............ art of living club.................sports club for sports geek...... swiming pool for aquatic ppl.......... n yup gym in every hostel................n if u still find free time d entire campus n hostels r wifi............... n u vill find all d stuff of universe on local lan.... frm latest muvies to latest______....................
HI FRIENDS,
:grab:
life@LMTSOM is rocking
every day we r trying to get more out of ourselves to be better and better and then ultimately to become best after 2 yrs
a busy schedule of lectures, seminars
& presentation are well handled with the same zeal as we have when we r preparing to get admission in B-school
there are some funniest moments of B-schools that noone cant forget throughout the life
every day we learnt new things from our pals,mentors etc.

Everyday we r living with a dream to become best among all others
Everyday we r taking a big step towards our dream
According to me,

"EVERYTHING WILL GROW WHEN THERE IS A CHALLENGE BECAUSE GROWTH HAPPENEDONLY WHEN KEPT IN EXTREME CONDITIONS SO LIVE UR LIFE IN EXTREME CONDITIONS TO GROW BETTER AND BECOME BEST "
SO I THINK LMT SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT GIVES ME OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A FLEXIBLE TECHNO MANAGER WHO CAN BE ADAPTABLE IN ANY CONDITION TO GIVE MY BEST SHOT
VIKAS ROHILLA

So how's been the value addition in terms of knowledge ?

hi calvin wonders
we r taking important learnings from our faculty members experiences which add values in our experiences and knowlegde too as we r mostly having work experience students

calvin_wonders Says
So how's been the value addition in terms of knowledge ?

The major part in value addition is the culture wich the place imbibes in u....
wid competent faculty and also quite above par students (only engineers wid sum work ex) der is always a healthy atmosphere to learn and grow........
also der is quite a tough competition as the university follows strict cgpi mode of grading...

Kyn phek rahe ho yaar .......Thapar k baare mein

can i apply now on the basis of my cat or mat score....also i'm not a science or engineering background student, i'm pursuing my bba...can i apply...plz reply..asap..

@anujfun - Rami is absolutely right in saying that in acedemics Thapar is revered and criteria of cgpa makes competition tough. Thapar is a trusted name in industry and has served industry since 1956.

@Lamba- yes, one has to apply on the basis of CAT score but Thapar also conducts its own entrance exam which tests candidates Quantitative, Logical and business acumen, English and Basic science knowledge.
Thapar gives preference to Engineers ( BTECH/MTECH or Masters in Science/Mathematics / statistics or MCA ) Please check the eligibility criteria www.thapar.edu
For the session 2010-2012 last date to apply was Feb 7.

@Rami - LM Thapar School of Management offers MBA in Finance/operations/Marketing/Human Resource/Energy and Environment and IT & Networking.

Hi,

Asking this query on behalf of my friend who has got admission in Thapar.

What is the placement scenario?

How is the faculty/learning environment?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Placement scenario was not good 1 year back ( which was also in other B schools due to market conditions ) but now its definitely improving !! Faculty and learning environment is good !! Besides faculty members, good no. of visiting professors and corporate leaders come and groom the students. If your friend has taken admission he must have gone through the interview process which was conducted by a senior faculty member and a corporate leader from Indian Oil.

give some insight into placement statistics ...avg pkg...median pkg....percentage of batch placed

lm thapar management school is good for mba or not?please tell i have given dec mat and my percentile is 98.5.what is its average package and future scope of this mba?

sir from where we get old pappers..

i hv got 58.5% aggregate in b.com and 80%ile in cat.......can i get the admission in thapar uni for mba course