NUS MBA (Full-Time) 2008-09 Interview Experiences

Hey All, I noticed that last year’s experience thread has just become active. Lets continue discussion on this thread instead. Me and one other candidate have already posted their interview experiences. The links for those are as below: …

Hey All,

I noticed that last year's experience thread has just become active. Lets continue discussion on this thread instead. Me and one other candidate have already posted their interview experiences. The links for those are as below:

http://www.pagalguy.com/900944-post399.html
http://www.pagalguy.com/902068-post407.html

The two of us have already been offered admits as well. I have opened a thread for everyone who gets an admit. The link for the thread is:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nus-mba-full-time-class-of-2008-09-25027182

All those who haven't yet applied click the following link for details and ways to apply:

NUS Business School

For any other help, please post your queries on this thread. I will be glad to answer them as far as I can.

All the best to all of you.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Can anyone let me know what is a sufficient score and work exp for NUS ?

My profile:

GMAT: 690
Work Exp: 3+ yrs, won 4 awards..

Academeics: very good/ won meritorious student of the year award with a scholarship of 5000

Extra Curricular: Has represented district/College/University/Company in cricket championships, WorKed with an NGO..

I have already submitted the application and waiting eagerly..

Please suggest- is this profile good enough for NUS ??

Hi Kuldeep,

Your GMAT score is at par with the average for Indian applicants. NUS stresses on balance of academics and extra-currs. The fact that you have excellent academics and extra-currs certainly makes you a very attractive candidate. As long as you are able to reflect your profile in your essays and interviews, you should not face any problem.

Thanks for the reply and encouragement buddy !

i have already applied and waiting eagerly for the call..one thing, my refree's have aleady submitted the LOR's but as of the current status is showing that those haven't been submitted. I even didn't get the auto generated mail after the LOR's (Letter of Recommendations) were submitted..Usually we get a mail that our LOR's have been received by the university, but that have not happened to me in this case..

Any comments ??

As long as your recommenders followed the correct procedure, you do not have to worry. Regarding the status, do not worry about that. With application procedure and interviews going on, the admissions committee sometimes does not get time to update the status. However, the auto-generated mail should have come. You can drop a mail to the mail id mentioned on the NUS website asking about the same. Be patient and do not worry.

Thanks for your suggestions ! i'll surely do that...

And congrats for ur selection..good job done :)

Can you plz let me know any of the specific question, the admission comittee harp on ?
And what approach should i follow for my interviews ?

thanks again in advance

As I mentioned before, excellent academics alone do not impress NUS adcom. They also look for good extra-currs along with the academics. In interviews, you will get asked a plethora of questions. They will be about what you did during your years of job experience. They also like to have intelligent conversations about current events and topics. The questions will also validate your claims (about extra-currs) in such a way that you may not realize the purpose of the question till after your interview.

PS. You can use the "Thank" button to express your thanks. :satisfie:

Hai!

First up Congratulations for making it!

I am also applying for the MBA program at NUS this year. I scored 750 on the GMAT. One question I've is whether they hold the interviews in India, or on the telephone. I know this is kind of a weird question to pop up first, but I hope you wouldn't mind me bugging you again with other qs.

Thanks for starting this thread!

..V 😃

Hai!

First up Congratulations for making it!

I am also applying for the MBA program at NUS this year. I scored 750 on the GMAT. One question I've is whether they hold the interviews in India, or on the telephone. I know this is kind of a weird question to pop up first, but I hope you wouldn't mind me bugging you again with other qs.

Thanks for starting this thread!

..V :)

Hi MS,

Well whether you will have a face to face interview or a telephone interview all depends on the availability of someone to take a face to face interview in your country. In my case, since they had an MBA fair, they invited people for face to face interview. Same in case of some who are having an interview in Hyderabad. It just so happens that a professor is currently in Hyderabad. Otherwise, you will have a telephonic interview.

All the best.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Hai Abhishek!

Thanks for the reply. I'm just finishing up my essays. So I will be applying in the next two weeks. *fingers crossed* I hope that it's good news for me as well.

Thanks.

..V :)

Hi MS,

Well whether you will have a face to face interview or a telephone interview all depends on the availability of someone to take a face to face interview in your country. In my case, since they had an MBA fair, they invited people for face to face interview. Same in case of some who are having an interview in Hyderabad. It just so happens that a professor is currently in Hyderabad. Otherwise, you will have a telephonic interview.

All the best.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

It takes approx how many days for the final decision to be out from the day of submitting the app?

Deepthi

A couple of days back they sent a mail if that you completed r application by 20th and got selected they would invite you for a face-to-face interview at Mumbai and Bangalore.

I have completed the application. Hurried by recommenders to complete the referee reports.

Query # 1

Now I want to submit the supporting documents by mail. I have scanned the originals in B&W; so that the size of the files helps easy uploading. To which mail Id should I send the documents?

Query # 2

Nowhere in the application they asked for interview location preference. I gave my permanent home address i.e in Karnataka but I am currently working in Mumbai. How do I tell them my interview location preference?

Thanks in advance:xmas:

hey smack,

good that you submitted the app on time. i am also a prospective candidate.

i'm not too sure whether one can send the supporting docs through email. i couldn't see anywhere in the application webpage. for interview location, adcom will ask you the preference once you are selected for interview.

can you pls clarify whether i have to submit my application and then generate the email for recommendations and then submit the recos, all by 20th?

best wishes!
anupam

smack,

you could have uploaded the supporting documents through application portal.

Guys someone plz reply to this query ASAP:

If I am submitting referee reports (recommendation letters) by post (along with the remaining supporting documents), do the referee details in the online application form (name, email address etc) have to be filled or is it only for online recommendations? In that case, should I leave it blank and will the online application get submitted if it is blank?

Can someone please share his/her interview experiences for NUS-2010?