NUS MBA (Full-Time) Class of 2008-09

96 Posts  ·  43 Users
About this group
You worked hard at getting those verbal and quant questions right. :confused: You sacrificed precious sleep to write perfect essays. :: You sweated and waited patiently in your newly bought suits and formal shoes during the interviews. :: ...
Page 1 of 10

Hey,

Do the students work for a specific number of hours per week(Like a small part time job?)? I mean outside the campus?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hello everyone. I am planning to apply to NUS this year. I have 5 years exp and a GMAT of 700. Could you please let me know what chances I have? How are the placements in NUS for IT Sector? Also does the interview happen in Singapore alone or there is an option for telephonic interview as well(say for aspirants in USA)?

I am sorry if this question has been answered earlier...Thanks for your help

HI Abishek,

I am intrested in pursuing MBA form ISB or NUS or IIP M, would like to know which is better, also i am giving GMAT this december and from when should i start applying for NUS? I have currently 2 years of Exp. I would like to know your suggestion and also about the cost if education in NUS. also do they insist on good % in UG as i have only 67, however i was involved inseveral curicular activities and headed my dept. in college. need your input..
PS: it would be great if you would share your personal mail , as i cannot access this portal fro m work. looking for your response.

Thanks
Shravan85

Hi Everyone!!
I request the guys(if any) who have been selected in NUS and are not joining NUS to please update the Admn committee about their decision so that they are able to consider the waitlisted candidates.

Thanks!!

Thanks Jaimin...that will keep my hopes alive :D.

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your advice...my interview lasted for 20 mins...it was more of a general interview...but the thing is that I am eagerly waitin for the final result...any idea on how long do they take to give decisions?

Regards,

Tushar

hey dude,

heard abt u from Ankita...

they say the result will b out in 2 weeks' time but it generally takes abt 10 days...

all the best and hope you make it!!

Jaimin

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your advice...my interview lasted for 20 mins...it was more of a general interview...but the thing is that I am eagerly waitin for the final result...any idea on how long do they take to give decisions?

Regards,

Tushar

Tushaar,
I really can't comment on profiles..because i know people with not so fabulous porfiles making it all the way to wharton and chicago and at the same time i know people who have awesome profiles and ending up in their backup schools.

Profile does matter, but a lot of the difference can be made if you write good essays and get good recos. Seconly once you have interview call, and if you impress your interviewer it won't really matter what or who you are , you will still make it. I strongly believe that interviews can make or break your admit.

As for my profile:

GMAT: 710.
B.Tech : IIT Kharagpur (7.6/10)
1.5 years into Sales and Trading [ UK Markets]
1.5 years into Investment Banking in A Bulge Bracket Firm.

My own evaluation of my application:

Profile: Strong
Essays: Very bad-Pathetic
GMAT: Average by Indian Standards
Interview: Awesome [ 3 years into investment banking and meeting clients probably helped me that day- but i made 2 blunders - thankfully they didn't affect my admit]

Hope it helps.

PS: I had applied to ISB also.

Got interviewed by ISB and was rejected- No one else to blame but myself- Had the worst interview of my life. But i am glad ISB rejected me and made my decision easier. Anyways would have chosen NUS over ISB.

can you tell me iwhy u wud want to chose NUS over ISB?I thought ISB now is worth more than most asian b schuls
Finally finally....got an interview call today. I applied on 3rd March. Interviews on Friday..I hope things go well...

Hey Abhishek,

Can you please pass on some suggestions on how to prepare for the interview and the specific areas to focus on?

Thanks Buddy,

Tushar

Hey Tushar,

All the best for the interview! 😃 Well as for tips, it's a very cliched tip but very true and that is "Be Yourself". Give a natural confident interview. Other than that what I have observed is that they like to ask about current topics and something which does not fall in your industry and country.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Finally finally....got an interview call today. I applied on 3rd March. Interviews on Friday..I hope things go well...

Hey Abhishek,

Can you please pass on some suggestions on how to prepare for the interview and the specific areas to focus on?

Thanks Buddy,

Tushar