NMIMS MPE 2011 - Hyderabad

Hello Guys, This is probably my first post on pagalguy. I have been a follower of pagalguy threads for quite sometime now and I strongly feel, anybody researching on the B-School related information have to follow pagalguy threads and informa…

Hello Guys,

This is probably my first post on pagalguy. I have been a follower of pagalguy threads for quite sometime now and I strongly feel, anybody researching on the B-School related information have to follow pagalguy threads and information.

Let's now get back to the topic of this post and details about it.

I have more that 6.5 years exp. in the IT industry, in R&D; and client specific services. I am located at Hyderabad and working in a product development company. I have been trying to find time to study business management and enroll myself in a executive Management Program, preferably in a good B-School in India. With my experience, and the kind of profile I am having, I was thinking to write GMAT and get into a 1 year full time residential executive program. I did research about all the top class management programs, which accept GMAT.
At the same time, I did not really want to leave my job, so I was in kind of two minds.
I learnt about the NMIMS (if anybody is not aware, NMIMS - Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) MPE (Management Program for Executives) program, started in Hyderabad (Tarnaka - adjacent to Big Bazaar), I think from 2009. 20 month program, only on weekends (NMIMS: Campuses: Mumbai Campus). I read the program structure, also the weekend program helps me not leave the job. I understand that there is no placement for this program - but I think this degree - Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) (Management Program for Executives) would help me move up the ladder within the organization and also change role, gradually.

The admission process comprises of a test (not that tough, that's what I felt) - maths & logical reasoning and interview. The interview was quite good, in terms of the questions being asked, the kind of work I have done, about the statement of purpose and also very fundamental question about business management - my views on that. They wanted to check my thought process.

I got a call from them, mentioning that I was selected. I would probably join this program.
Please let me and others know, reading this thread - anyone joining this program, this year. Also, currently who have been a part of this program and currently studying - any particular reviews and comments.

Hope this post helps.

Anshuk

With almost the similar background,, I am also inclined to join this program unless something really shakes me up. However after enough google searches I found almost zero reviews. It means that either the MPE groups are reluctant to share their thoughts or that they are not so vocal. Anyway I don't think I have too many options to ponder over so I am thinking to go ahead with this.

I learnt that this hyd centre was inaugurated on july 19th this year. So no wonder as to why this is in so low-light.

Can anyone update their findings or post reviews on this program?

I also would like to know how beneficial this program would be..I have two years of experience..I am leading a team of 15 members now..if I take up the MPE certification I will be done in 20 months..my experience will near 4 years by then..my current profile is completely into operations..will this program help me at all?

I found this link interesting ....

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/nmims-mpe-09-25040359

Summary :

1. Course is recognized(by many if not all) and content is good.
  2. But it many not be a game changer all together such as horizontal career shifts, steep hike in wages post completion.
  3. It adds a brand value to your resume. You can venture out well.

A reply from nmims mpe to these questions or someone snooping on this program can give good idea . Given the current trend of blooming mangement programs around my guess is that this is a good bet.

How many batches roll-out each year?any info on that..I heard the MPE program has a new batch every quarter..