NITIE GD/PI Experiences 2008

*Hi everyone, NITIE’s GD/PI process begins on the 11th of March. Please use this thread to jot down your GD/PI experiences at NITIE. This will definitely be of help,either to the current lot ,or to future aspirants. And besides,we love w…

Hi everyone,

NITIE's GD/PI process begins on the 11th of March.
Please use this thread to jot down your GD/PI experiences at NITIE. This will definitely be of help,either to the current lot ,or to future aspirants.
And besides,we love writing,don't we!

All the best everybody, lets conquer NITIE!!

P.S: Please try to give a detailed transcript of the PI. Makes for interesting reading!
Hi all,

Guess I am the first one to post my experience. Just reached back. Was a long day.

First about the process.

We were told to report at 8.00 am. About 210 were called. They were divided into 21 groups. The process started with the presentations about NITIE, and its courses. It took about an hour. Then we were taken to a hall to verify our documents. There were seven people simultaneously checking the docs.

One important thing here. The character certificate mentioned cannot be from your school. I had to sign an undertaking that I would submit one if I got admission. While some people were not even asked about their character certificate.!!!!!

For 21 batches only two GD panels were going on simultaneously. So people in the 21st batch actually had to sit till 2- 2.30 for their gd to start. You can know your batch no. from your call letter. There is a three letter-digit code in it. The first number indicates your gd batch i.e the number of your batch, the second your panel and third your pi panel.

I was in the 8th panel and my gd started at about 10.30am. Our topic was Are Indian IT companies truly world class?
2 mins to think
18 mins to discuss
2 mins at end to summarise.

Nice Gd. Came in with some decent points 4-5 times. The no. of panelists were 6.

Other topics which I heard for other batches

American recession affecting Indian economy
Something about cloning
Controlling someone by mind or heart?
Mobile telephony in rural areas etc.

hi sarathbabu,
thanks for sharing your experience so fast ..
can u plz share ur interview questions as well.......

Everything was going hunky-dory until now. We were asked to break for lunch before our pi. Had a nice lunch (Good food in cafeteria) and was waiting in the pi waiting room. At about 2 pm my name was called and I went there.
Now what was this. My file was missing from my bag and mine was the next chance. I had to search all the rooms for the file and in the process two people were accommodated before me in the pi with the panel given a reason that I had misplaced my file somewhere.

Even though I got my file eventually, it was not a very nice start to the proceedings.
After sometime my name was called and I went Inside.

Five people in the panel.
P1, P3, P4 were men and P2, P5 were women

P1: Ok Sarath, we were discussing about you only, come in ( With a smile).

P3: Introduce Yourself.
M: Told about family, education, college life, work-ex, hobbies, mentioned my interest in cricket and football( should not have)

P3: Why not hockey?
M: answered

P1: again with a smile. Ok you are interested in football. Do you know who was Garrincha was?
M: I know he was a south American player but more than that I dont know

P1; again with a smile. Ok Johan Cryuff?
M: he was from Netherlands, he introduced the concept of total football.

P2: Ok, so you left your job, what do you do now? ( Am used to this question now)
M: answered

P2: Why are you late?
M: gave the reason. They seemed to accept it.

P2: You are from electronics. What all did you study? (No, not acads)
M: told the subjects

P2: Different types of communication
M: answered unconvincingly

P2: What was your work profile?
M: answered .
Some discussion about work-ex, what work do I do exactly. I was having a hard time making them understand the true nature of my job. 4-5 minutes on that. But they were not impressed.

P4: What is GSM? What are the companies using it?
M: told.

P3; So you are interested in quizzes? Can you answer anything we ask on cricket?
M: I will try.

P3: What is duckworth-lewis method?
M: Answered about the rules.

P1: No we want to know specifically about the method.
M: (Phas gaya, Kyu cricket keh diya) Dont know exactly sir.

P1: (Smiling. He was smiling a lot) You tell me you are interested in cricket and you cant answer that. This shows you dont know anything.
M: But I could answer the background about it sir.

P1: Ok, tell me whose record did Gary sobers broke when he scored 365 in tests.
M: Don bradman?

P1: If it was him, I would not have asked u this question.
M: Dont know sir.

P1: you find out for yourself. You can go.

Pi lasted about 15 minutes.
Came out with a feeling of being royally ****. Lets see. No hopes for me I think.
some last year's GD topics of NITIE..
Flexi timings or fixed timings which is better at work
Individual brilliance certainly makes a difference
Positive attitude and not knowledge is required for business success
Private institutions: Good or Bad
Big retail chains will wipe out the small kirana shops
Should management education be subsidised
Budget 2007: progressive or populist
Organized retail will kill neighbourhood retailers
How effective are Indian B Schools
Is paperless office a reality or not
Is ethics just business pretence
Technology creates income disparities
Regulation breeds corruption
Do we really need education to be successful.

just back from the NITIE GD/PI...unfortunetly i dont think theres anything much i can write abt my process :|...but will try to give as much info as possible...

Abt me :
CAT 99.35%tile
Work ex - 24 months in a telecom company
Electrnoics n telecom engg with decent acads

was in group 13 so had a very long wait before our turn finally came :)...the group before ours had a total fish market and the gal co ordinating for that panel advised us not to follow suite as it wouldnt help anyone...thankfully the group obliged and we were one of the very few groups i believe that did not have a fish market...anyways the topic

"While in Rome, be like the Romans"

Had a fairly good GD...the group brought out all possible aspects (i believe)..

Interview...was in panel 5...PI was totally work ex...they began with the question "Tell us something abt urself"...i spoke for a min n one of the panelist said that he wanted to hear more...so continued to talk abt work ex n stopped...the same panelist again said that he wanted to hear more :wow:...n i was like :confused:...here a lady panelist bailed me out by asking me to talk abt my extra curricular...finally i guess we were done with the intro...wat followed was total work ex...y management...wat position..wat role...wats ur current job profile et al...nothing about academics...no current affairs..

PS : forgot to mention there were abt 6 panelist on both the GD and the PI panel..

PS 2 : would like to add that a lot off ppl were quizzed abt the current budget...like a frds of mine who has n IT background (work ex) was asked as to wat had the current budget to offer for the IT industry..

some last year's GD topics of NITIE..
Flexi timings or fixed timings - which is better at work
Individual brilliance certainly makes a difference
Positive attitude and not knowledge is required for business success
Private institutions: Good or Bad
Big retail chains will wipe out the small kirana shops
Should management education be subsidised
Budget 2007: progressive or populist
Organized retail will kill neighbourhood retailers
How effective are Indian B Schools
Is paperless office a reality or not
Is ethics just business pretence
Technology creates income disparities
Regulation breeds corruption
Do we really need education to be successful.

GD Topic for my batch today was
CAN ETHICS AND BUSINESS CO-EXIST TOGETHER IN THE CURRENT SCENARIO

Thanks to the IMPACT team for trying to help us in all possible ways (in a not do well planned schedule).

I guess the previous posts have a good info on the whole process so i will chuck that.

I was in group 7 and we were 10 people in the group and 7 panalists.

The topic was: Should cloning of humans be allowed?

I think it was a tough topic to talk for 18 mins!!!
I gave 5-6 good points in the gd. There was no fish market!! actually not even a normal market

Every one was allowed to speak as the points were getting repetitive after 10 mins.

In the PI there were 5 panelist

M1, M2, M3, M4 - male panalists
L1 - lady panalist
MK - me

M4 did not ask anything and was only observing me all the time.

L1 - tell us abt ur achievements
M1 - any acheiements which u think will help u sell urself to us!!
MK - answered. also told them abt the best proj award i received
L2 - what was the project
MK - answered

L1 left the room.

M1 - is there any company using that proj
MK - answered

M1- u are so good in tech and working a good tech company. you must stick to tech
MK- told them why MBA. Had a lil discussion with M1 who sint seem convinced.

M1 - what did u try to learn in ur job
MK - answered

M3 - do u know what is supply chain management (oops)
MK - No :(

M3 - u dint feel like going thr it once.
MK - i went thr finance, eco and marketing

M2 (a marktng prof) - oh..tell us what you have read in marketing
mk - answered

M2 - relate it to ur proj
MK - tried to. the prof told me how i had mixed two close concepts. Smiles evrywhere

Good luck to all u puys for ur gd and pi

Well here comes my exp...maybe it will heklp someone...
Mine was slotted on 11th.

Reached NITIE on 10th nite, was accomodated in the MDP hostel with another guy. It was a single accomodation room converted to double, but as sleeping was the only thing to do, we had no issues, the attached bathrooms saved our day

The process started the next day at 8, we were accomodated in a hot and humid audi with no AC:eh: ...it was followed by some presentation on the courses, the PGDISEM presentation seemed it would never end

After that first three groups were allowed life...outside audi, though some other group guys also escaped the audi torchure by pretending to be among first 3 groups

We had our verification, it was an ruitine affair, no docs like extra-curri, character, experience certificates etc were checked for :eh:, it was mainly check of marksheets from 10th to BE and CAT score card and NITIE call letter.

After that we were taken to a room for GD. One Mam from Admin was ruling the show with high decibel display....even the NITIE students were scared of her

We were seated in the room, we saw 6 panelists were there...I just wondered who is there for GD, us or they .... they asked us to take pencils and writing pads kept out there, then announced a topic " Papaerless office in India-Dream or Reality" 3 min socho : 20 min bakar : 2 min khatam karo yaar :grin:

Then we were asked to wait in a room upstairs. I had my PI in 45 mins time.

I was in panel 4.

The GD nad PI panelists were different :eh::eh::eh:
M- Me
P- one of 6 panelist

P: tell briefly about urself and achievements
M:Told

P:Whats meaning of ur name?
M: Told and told I am not the same

P: What management subjects you had in Engg?
M: (Boss I have 4 yrs exp...kaha yaad rahega maggu subjects like Management yaar!!) EEIM..but dont remember anything:puppydog:

P: you cud have told anything, we don't know about it
M: I tried to be honest

P: thats good but still
M: Maaf kardo yaar!

P: ok..what all ptrojects did you work on
M: Told

P: What is this xxxxxxx (my company name)
M: Its a big company :eh: (Actually its No. 1 in the world, told him )

P: Ok, since you have been in two companies , tell me differences you have felt.
M: Told

P: Tell me about mergers that took place...only globally big ones for Inida
M: told about Corus-Tata; Mittal-Archeler

P: What about ********** ?
M: Never heard of it.

P: What profile will you take if admitted
M: IT systems.

P: Ok you may leave
M: Aisa kya gunaah kiya yaar

over all okiesh exp.

The campus is small yet beautifully kept.
Buildings are old and sarkari but maintained well.

Placement is decent.

Good things is ppl are allowed to keep bikes and all.
Very near to Hiranandani

Had my GD/PI on 11th of March.
CAT percentile:99.73
work Ex:31 months

Before going into the details,I would like to thanks team IMPACT for handelling the process very well.
personal thanks to Nishant Goyal,GautamTrehan,Nishant Gupta and Tanushree Jain for their continuous support.
I will not go in the details as it has been explained earlier also,though few points were missed so will tell those only.
GD/PI process was being held at famous 96 steps building and during the process,a lady was monitoring the process and was shouting if somebody was not following her instrusctions.
I was in panel 3 for GD and panel 2 for PI.
GD started at 9.30 AM,there were 7-8 panelist in the GD and the topic of the discussion was "Paperless offices in India,A reality or a dream." 3 mins to think,20 mins for GD.
people were cutting each other for some time but after few minutes things settled down.
Came very late in GD,but gave 5-6 good points and were accepted by the group.
Overall a noisy GD but not a fish market.

Now comes the PI.
Was 3rd in my panel but was sent to some other panel by mistake,later Gautam(Team IMPACT) sent me to the right panel and before my interview nishant Goyal helped me to calm down a bit.
As i enterd the room,was shocked to see 6 profs sitting in front of u n waiting for u.Thoght of running out of the room but decided against that.
P1,P2,P3,P4,P5,P6=profs..(P5 was not at his place)
Me=Yours faithfully

Me:Good Morning Sirs..

P4:So Ujjwal,Form where have u done ur B.tech.
Me:Bata diya..isme kya badi baat thi.

P4:So Why MBA?
Me:(Wow first time this question has been asked,catch this) blah blah..

P6:why not a weekend MBA programme @ IIM B?
ME:You can not comapre a regular MBA programme with a weekend one.

P6:Then go for Software Enterprise management,why MBA?
Me:After SEM,i will be a technical person assiging work to my team mates and leading a team of few people,i don't want to do that.i like to work in a functional role and MBA course would help me in doing that .

P6:Problems in IT industry?
Me:talked in detail about sub prime crisis and doller rupee appreciation and how it's affecting the indian IT industry.Talked about free man power which companies would have and it can be deployed in the work of other projects.

P1:Comment on budget?
Me:told

P1:what about loan waiver of farmers?
Me:Told about 60000 crore loan waiver of farmers and how banks will get their money back form the GOI.

P1:USA is going into the recession,how it's going to affect other economies?
Me:Said that USA is the biggest economy of the world and major part of exports of developing countries go to us so they will be affected alot but on the other hand India is not very much dependent on USA so it will not affect us.

P1:How much infosys's business come from USA?
Me:some randm figure..

P1:Then after recession,infy will loose business?
Me:No sir,Infy has clients all over the world and it's business is not dependent on USA only,But after US slow down obviously it will be affected.

P2:What is bench?
Me:(waah waah..)..Talked in detail

P2:So who pays them?
Me:Infosys..(with a smile)

P2:Ya,I know but from where Infy gets the money?
Me:From other projects.

P3:Means u bill people who are not working at the project?
Me:(Fas gaya ye to..) Some times sir..

P3:Tell me,what is the use of bench?
Me:(P5 entered,a nod towards him and was asked to continue with my answer) Talked in detail that it's a pool of resources which u show to the client and assue them that their project will have enough number of people and blah blah..

P5:So infy is going to fire any body becuase of slow down?
Me:No sir.

P1:What is the bench strength of Infy?
Me:Some where around 5%.

P5:Number of employees in Infy?
Me:82 k

P5:How do u bill resources?
Me:I am not aware of this thing sir because PM's take care of thease things.

P6:So how does infy gets business?
Me:Talked in detail.

P2:how does this course will help u in achieving ur dream.
Me:talked about diversification and i will be under the guidence of the best profs of the country ans some other blah blah...

Nods everywhere,P3 said ..thank you,we are done.
U may leave.
Me:Thank u sirs.

Came out with smile.Overall a feel good interview.Let's see what happens.
Comments welcome,please pour in your comments.

RESULT: I HAD CONVERTED THIS CALL

NITIE drama + masti

Venue : NITIE
Date : 11th March

Reached Audi at 8 AM along with fellow aspirants.
And then we had the presentations powered by Matrix backdrops and no AC.
Soon , I realized that it will be a long day for me , for I was in Panel 19.

Thanks to the seniors and the audi facilities ,where we were shown Mandi gyaan to start, some cricket mimics and finally the Dilbert strip.

Certificate verification at 12 PM made it even more interesting on the whole sarkaari tantra.
We were asked to leave for lunch and be back by 2PM for the GDs.
Finally, the process started for me :P

Topic :-
Can Indian brands become global ?

Number of Ppl present - 12
Panel Members - 6
Time:3 minutes(To think and write)+ 24 minutes (To discuss)+3 minutes (To conclude)
Brief Snapshot of Discussion:
Was 4th in the group.

Group Performance:
Everyone got a decent chance to present the views.But the active participation was from half the juta.The guy who started ,just started to give a start and concluded as he had to :)2 members in the last were just hogging on to others points and just copy +pasting IT ishtyle.

My Performance :
Gave lots of gyaan and had few one to ones with the junta
1)IT and Pharma sector brought India to globe
2)India bad in FMCG ,Cold drinks and Mfg
3)India still not good with Agri and Mfg
4)Bt Cotton and globalization (gosh what was I speaking)
5)Its not about that nly India is a part.We are all brick in the wall (koi gaana ga raha tha)

My corrections or fights :)
1)One guy started to contradict by calling HLL example for FMCG. (bhaiya bidesi company hai)
2)Another guy started contradicting someone on Mobile not getting manufactured in India by giving Airtel example (kahaan mobile banana ..kahaan network)
3)In the last a guy was telling IBM has not called India Centre of Excellence (IBM is not the Gods )

I just could not help myself and got moved a bit by emotions.

PI:
Was called at 6:30 PM.Passed time thru watching How I met ur mother,Friends,Andaaz Apna Apna (Thanks Seniors)

Panel Members Intro:5 Profs
Mar gaye :(

Me:May I come in sirs ..Wished them
Prof:Hey u came in smiling.. First guy who did that.
Me: (Marta kya na karta) Said aadat hai..can't help
Prof:Tell me something about yourself.
Me:told
Prof:What's the difference between leader and manager ?
Me:Leader has vision ,Manager -works as per assigned tasks.
Prof:Hmm.. so what are the tasks of a manager
Me : Global gyaan (Planning ,Execution ,Motivation, Completion)
Prof:Why are u preparing this much for this CAT?
Me:Some good gyaan
Prof : So what does it require to ace this ?
Me: The D-Day and some introspection on weakness.
Prof:Is it good be negative or critical?
Me: Critcal obviously helps ,but not that critical that we become negative.
Prof:Hmm ..so in testing u r supposed to think negative and break the code rt?
Me : Yes , we do that .But we also ensure that no existing functionality is broken.
You need to think for as many possible cases.
Prof : Why MBA ?
Me : Funde
Prof :Strengths and weakness
Me : Some more funde
Prof : We are done.
Me:Have a Nice Day.Thank you sirs

There were lots of things discussed in PI.Not able to recollect for now

Hello Puys
Today had NITIE GD PI. We reported at 8. As already had visited the campus many times i loved coming back to the beautiful campus. Then we had a good presentation on NITIE and the courses offered. After that we had our verificatio. A process carried out in detail. So be prepared with photostat of all certificates. Then finally ready for the GD process. Well before GD tried to talk with people asking them not to make a fish market but they no reaction. SO a feeling came in that how the GD can go. We went in 7 panelist, 10 of us for GD. Then the lone lady in group was asked to come and pick and read the topic. The Topic " The big retailers will destroy the small retailers". An idiotic guy started the GD without structuring it and starting with idiotic points. Then immediately before he could finish 4 ppl jumped in. These people were with a mission just to speak, othing else. I made 3 4 enteries with a point or to try to structure it. GD over asked to summarise, no one exactly did but just adding each other. So a total fish market GD. Reason many freshers in the group. Acting immaturely as expected.

Then after about 2 hrs went for PI. 6 ppl in panel. mine was first after lunch. Wen i entered only 4 ppl were there and rest 2 joined later. Only three ppl asked questions P1 ( Seemed to be seniormost), P2 sitting on corner with P2 and a lady L.

Entered
L: Plz introduce yourself
Me: Blah blah. In the end was tellin about my job. My post is Productivity Improvement Engineer
P1: Tell about 2 Prod imp u di
Me: Told 1
P1: 2nd one plz
Me: Told
P1: Tell about the methods in which Prod Imp is done
Me: Told some fundas. P1 seemd to quieten down wen suddenly P2 said
P2: But you still have not answered
Me: As far as i know this this
P2: Have you heard of Partial Improvement and some management terms
Me: Told something related to machine n all,
P2: then asked sumthing technical
Me: Could not answer
P2: Called Set Up
Me: Yes sir
P2: do u know sumthing as SMED
Me: could not get it properly.
P2: repeated it again
Me: thought, could not get it. Said don
L: Why do u want NITIE
Me: Started with some fundas praising NITIE
L: No no why do want to do MBA
Me: Gyan. Said want to broaden my perpesctive in other areas. Learning now more of technical
P2: What are the other areas
L: You have got a good percentile. ( i have got 99.77, but no calls except IMT, MDI (IM) and SCMHRD( Rejected) )
Me: Mam I am low in VA
L: Saw again. She thought I am saing it is low when someone told her I am talking about VA. You must be having other calls
Me: Mam I have got the calls from NITIE, IMT, Great lakes and SCMHRD
L:What is your preferance
L1 to L2: Its OK he can go now. Ok thank you
Me; Thank you

Do not how it went. Keeping my finger crosses. YOUR VIEWS ON MY INTERVIEW. LOVE TO HEAR FEEDBACKS.

Hello Puys
Today had NITIE GD PI. We reported at 8. As already had visited the campus many times i loved coming back to the beautiful campus. Then we had a good presentation on NITIE and the courses offered. After that we had our verificatio. A process carried out in detail. So be prepared with photostat of all certificates. Then finally ready for the GD process. Well before GD tried to talk with people asking them not to make a fish market but they no reaction. SO a feeling came in that
Do not how it went. Keeping my finger crosses. YOUR VIEWS ON MY INTERVIEW. LOVE TO HEAR FEEDBACKS.

In context to the photocopies of the certis required, is it only for the educational certificates or the extra-curriculars too ??? :eh:
mba_calling Says
In context to the photocopies of the certis required, is it only for the educational certificates or the extra-curriculars too ??? :eh:

It's only for the educational certificates dude... to add on character certificate is not mandatory at the time of GD/PI, if you don't have one then they will ask you to give a undertaking that you will submit it at the time of admissions.... here are some points for ppl having GD/PI on 13th and 14th..

1. Seniors are very helpful so you need not to worry about anything. If you miss some photocopy, they will be there to help you out.

2. If someone has real emergency, talk to seniors with proof (like return flight tickets etc), they will reschedule your GD/PI.

3. If you have not recieved call letters you need not to worry. You will get a duplicate copy on the spot.

4. Be prepared to stay till 7-8 pm (if you are not very lucky).

Regards,
Ashish Mangal
Hello Puys
Today had NITIE GD PI. We reported at 8. .....
Well before GD tried to talk with people asking them not to make a fish market but they no reaction. SO a feeling came in that how the GD can go. We went in 7 panelist, 10 of us for GD. Then the lone lady in group was asked to come and pick and read the topic. The Topic " The big retailers will destroy the small retailers". An idiotic guy started the GD without structuring it and starting with idiotic points. Then immediately before he could finish 4 ppl jumped in. These people were with a mission just to speak, othing else. I made 3 4 enteries with a point or to try to structure it. GD over asked to summarise, no one exactly did but just adding each other. So a total fish market GD. Reason many freshers in the group. Acting immaturely as expected.

Hey dude
is this the type language used for freshers ..???
Immaturity is not related to being a fresher or having work-ex..
Your these words have shown your immaturity itself..!!:tellme::tellme:

If this is your position now......GOD KNOWS what was it when u urself were a fresher.....anyone here can imagine..!!

PS: I am Not a fresher but these types of words are not acceptable

Hi all

Had my GD/PI today on 12th of March.
CAT percentile:99.72
work Ex:31 months

Process has been explained by the people already.
Had my gd : topic : Positive attitude and not knowledge is required to run a succesful business.
it was a decent gd where all spoke and went on smoothly. Although sometimes there were 2-3 people speaking up simultaneously but that was expected due to the large size of the group (12)
Overall it was a good gd. i came in 3-4 times and once in the summary. Average performance.

Now comes the PI.
it was totally work ex based. Not a single question from hobbies,current affairs,acads

P1,P2,P3,P4,P5,P6=p=profsMe=Yours faithfully

Me:Good Morning Everyone.

P:so you are working with TCS
Me: Yes, for the last 2.5 years

P: What do you do there.
Me: For the first year i was in the developement module. I developed the whole of SDV module. Now we have been given the task to handlle 3 banks namely central bank of india, Bank of allahaabad, bank of maharashtra. we have to solve the produciton issues at the earliest becase the customer is at the stake.

P: What is safe deposit locker.
Me: Safe Deposit Locker.
P:Did you totally developed the module yourself?
Me: No sir i totally customised the module. Base version is from australia and then i have customised it completley according to the need of the client.
P: Tell me the new thinks which you have developed in the module which were not there in the base version?
Me: We could not take the advance rent from the customer in the base version. This has been customised in the module. Now you can take rent of 2,3,4....years from the customers.
P: What exactly is the advance rent.
Me: Suppose the customer has come to open the locker account for 2 years then ( lady interrupted ok ok we got it...cont.)
P: We have to open the FD account if the locker rent is taken from the customer.
Me: Yes sir, same is the case here, we have to open the FD acount in this case also.
P: Does system does this automattically.
Me: No sir, we will have to separately do this.
P:ok
P: sometimes the interest from the FD is teken as the rent of the locker account.
Me: Yes sir, but in our system this is not the case, though the bank can break open the FD account if the rent is not given by the customer.
P: what other developement ou had done appart from this.
Me: In the initial version there was no service tx charged in the rent which we colect from the customer. I have developed the code so that the system takes the service tax as well along with the rent and the charges go to the service tax account.
P: All noding
P: Which specialisatin you plan to do in the MBA programme.
Me: Sir As of now i am not to sure but seeing my interest in the maths and aving the logical mind as of now i plan to do in Finance.
P: Only this reason is not enough.
Me: little more finance is the intersetn area..balance sheets bol diya kahi to 😞 blah blah
( he didnot seem to be satisfied )
P: what is the balance sheet.
Me: we come to know the expenditures of the company and the profits of the company and other financial details. i noe only this much.
P: then what is profit sheet.
Me: smiling...sir that may be some more details in addition to what is there in the balance sheet. ( he also smiling )
P: what is the differnece between Debt abs debunture.
Me: ( arey yaar itna thodi ata hai ) dont know sir. This i intend to gain from the 2 year course in NITIE.

P: Ok thanks you.
Me: Thank you.

It was all on the work ex.Dont know what to think of that. Anyway keeping my fingers crossed. Best of luck to you all.
Comments welcome,please pour in your comments.

When - 11th March
Where - NITIE, Mumbai.
Why - CAT %ile - 99.89

Profile : B.E in IT from NIT, Durgapur. Currently working in software domain, Work-ex - 1.5 years.

GD Topic : Is Indian IT Industry truely World Class.

11 People - 18 minutes to speak - 2 minutes for the summary (which again turned out into another mini GD )

The GD did turn into a fish market sometimes, but at other times, it was ok, an average GD I would say.
My performance - Again average, came in about 4-5 times.

PI : Lasted for around 10 minutes, was the last to be interviewed before lunch.

6 panelists :wow: , I don't remember who was asking which questions, so will address all of them by P, myself M 8-)

P : Describe yourself.
M : (wah kya start mili hai, shuru ho jao ) bla bla, tell about college, work-ex.
P : (Stopped at work-ex) What does your company do ?
M : bla bla
P : You are a subject matter expert in it.
M : Yes sir.
P : What does this mean ?
M : Expalined that I am an expert in my field (required some convining though - Infact this part continued for around 2-3 minutes, what my company does, whats my role, why expert, how can you be an expert :eh: )

P : Now, why MBA ?
M : bla bla, to move up, bla bla
P : But NITIE doesn't provide an MBA degree.
M : Yes sir, its post graduate diploma in industrial engineering
P : Yes, but why are you joining this course ?
M : Thode funde diye.
P : But why NITIE ?
M : One of the best, some more fundas.
P : These are general things, tell me sth about NITIE. Why did you apply here ?
M : Some more funde.
P : (Not convinced) Whats the USP of NITIE ?
M : Errrrrrrrrrr, whats this USP
P : Unique selling point (duffer).
M : Ohhhhhhhh that, said about its 4 month winter internship (subah hi presentation mein dekha tha yeh point
;-)).
P : (Not at all convinced)You know about the subjects taught here.
M : Started explaining various specializations - finance, marketing.
P : ( Stopped ) Why did you apply for PGDIM ? You have mentioned it as first preference, why not PDDITM (since I am from IT backgroud).
M : Sir. even under PGDIM, I will get to choose specialization as IT and systems.
P : But you still haven't answered why did you apply to NITIE, whats the USP for NITIE ?
M : (To ab tak main kya explain kar raha tha)
P : Do you know which subjects are taught here, what we teach at NITIE ?
M : Not eggjactly (Kisko pata hota hai )

P : Tell me something about the IT sector in India.
M : (Yehi to GD topic tha, ofcourse the panelists were different 😃 ) Sari GD ki bakar yahan paste kar di . Somewhere mentioned the problem faced due to rupee appreciation.
P : You said rupee appreciation, how it is affecting the industry ?
M : Most of the trade with US, so exports are hit, lesser profits.
P : Whats the impact of rupee appreciation on imports and exports ?
M : Imports - profit, exports - losses, thoda explain kiya.

It ended on this note, I wasn't able to give them an answer for why NITIE (I tried but they were looking for something NITIE specific, but what, I don't know).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VERDICT : PGDIM - Waitlist (WL) - 36 --> Converted

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey dude
is this the type language used for freshers ..???
PS: I am Not a fresher but these types of words are not acceptable

It will be great if you could use normal font size.

Had my interview on 12/03/08,
the GD/PI process has been clearly stated by other puys!!
The GD topic "Bschools should stop placements and encourage entreprenuership" a group of 11 ppl - peacefull GD but lacked content, we were given 2 mins to conclude and we did it in half a min!!

After a loooooong wait (lakshya, dilbert, duck tales, how I met your mother, some ppts about the college, and a quiz too 😁 ) i was called for my interview, my panel(No-4) was taking very short interviews, mine was somewhere about 8-10 mins!!

6 panel members
- what exactly is your work
- why did you join software firm being a chemical engg.
- do you love your job
- tell me the capacity of reliance jamnagar plant when it was set up!! :o
- what specialization you want to go for? ( i said marketing)
- diff between sales and marketing
- how do you market a fertilizer ( i talked about product pricing and product distribution in between)
- can u decide the market price of fertilizer or the govt does it??
- how do you intend to distribute your product!!
with that they signal me to leave the room!!
I was both happy and confused with the interview duration
atb to others 😃