need suggestions to improve GMAT score

Hi, I’m pretty new to this site, hope I’m posting the query in the right link… I recently gave my GMAT and scored 590 (47Q, 25V). The verbal scores are really pathetic. I felt I did the Analysis of Argument much better than the Analysi…

Hi,

I'm pretty new to this site, hope I'm posting the query in the right link...

I recently gave my GMAT and scored 590 (47Q, 25V). The verbal scores are really pathetic. I felt I did the Analysis of Argument much better than the Analysis of an Issue (I'm yet to get my test report to know the actual score on AWA).

I followed OG and Kaplan Premier Program (2007 Edition).
The mistake I made was I followed no particular strategy and had less than a month of solid preparation. Probably a li'l stupid of me to have thought of giving the exam with least preparation.

Anyways, I'm now keen on improving my scores. I seek all your sincere advise on how to go about this. Please let me know if I should go for any prep courses? Or is it enough if I do self study using the books available... will that also fetch me a good score if I put in the right effort?

So far I've been looking at OG and Kaplan but probably haven't used them to the fullest. Please also suggest me other materials.

I'm thinking of giving the exam again by mid - September. Work's a li'l relaxed so I can put in around 2-3 hours (min) of effort on week days. Do you reckon this would be sufficient?

Thanks all in advance for your helpful pointers\suggestions!

Cheers...

This is a closed thread. To interact with thousands of other GMAT takers and prepare for various facets of GMAT like Sentence Correction, Problem Solving, Data Sufficiency or Critical Reasoning and improving your scores, check out the other discussions here -
GMAT and Related Discussions
OR
If you have got low scores in GMAT, you can find your help here -
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/low-gmat-scores-find-help-here-25029450