Moore SOM, Univ of South Carolina

Hi, I have recieved my final Admit from Moore School of Management for its International MBA under University of South Carolina. This IMBA program is ranked 2nd in the world. Would appreciate if somebody can share more insights into th…

Hi,

I have recieved my final Admit from Moore School of Management for its International MBA under University of South Carolina.
This IMBA program is ranked 2nd in the world.

Would appreciate if somebody can share more insights into the school, specially considering that i am planning to have a career switch from IT to Finance.
Additionally, I also have a admit from Mason School of Management, College of William and Marry, so advice/suggestions are welcomed in deciding which School would be best considering my career switch thoughts.

Regards.

Hey,

I have also been admited to imba (french track) at moore.
Well moore is in the third tier of BW rankings and is reputed in international business.
That said its pretty tough for career changers in US outside of top 20.I think getting an internship is the key for changing careers.
Dont know much abt william and mary but it is also in third tier in BW rankings.
From what I have read abt moore,it is pretty well known in southeast but since the focus is on international business,US students find most oppurtunities outside of US and the focus is on overseas (non us) placements and indians generally have hassles with work permits and visas.

Regards

Hey,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts...
What concentration are you looking for, under the French track.

Regards

Hi,

If I attend moore, I intend to specialize in supply chain
I am an electrical engineer , have around 4.5 years work ex (1 year in France and 2 years in UK) and speak intermediate french.

cheers

Puys,

Congrats to both of you for the final call.

You could get more info from this thread. Post your query here:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-assistance-desk-25014956

Will international students find it hard to land jobs and/or get a work permit post graduation?

Hi all,
I have been admitted to the Moore IMBA program and I am planning to join as well. Any news about the placement stats of the college? I found their avg salaries getting lower from 2006 to 2007. Any thoughts on this?

Hi letsrendevous and sadaredds,
Are you planning to join Moore? If so let me know so that we can discuss more about the school.

Regards
Saran.

I have applied in round2. Sent my appli on 27th
Waiting for reply from school
R interviews must? :

I have got a interview call today
It would be helpfull if U could interview questions and time taken with me especially those of u who have been admitted

Any help would be appreciated.
:sleepy:

I have got a interview call today
It would be helpfull if U could interview questions and time taken with me especially those of u who have been admitted

Any help would be appreciated.
:sleepy:

Kindly post your interview experiences at Moore

Hi letsrendevous and sadaredds,
Are you planning to join Moore? If so let me know so that we can discuss more about the school.

Regards
Saran.

I think both got admitted last year
I have also got admit today just 2 days after my interview.
I am waiting for other colleges
Have u recieved the admit packet?scol details?

Hello ppl, I am planning to apply to Moore by the Feb 15th deadline.

Rags786, congrats on your admint. wats your profile like ? I have a low gmat score of 610 😞 , but pretty good academics and extra cirriculars.

It looks like apart from the fees, we will have to spend for the global and language tracks also. Could someone let me know a little more about these tracks ?

Hello ppl, I am planning to apply to Moore by the Feb 15th deadline.

Rags786, congrats on your admint. wats your profile like ? I have a low gmat score of 610 😞 , but pretty good academics and extra cirriculars.

It looks like apart from the fees, we will have to spend for the global and language tracks also. Could someone let me know a little more about these tracks ?

My profile is
5yrs in Petrochemical industry
acads 92% in Diploma ( topped college)
VJTI B E 72%
extra curriular good

Tution and required fees are 52000$ for entire program
I dont know abt any additional spending.
U can find the info on tracks at their website.

FT 2008 has ranked Moore at 25 in US and 55 overall which is up from 72 last year.
And it has been ranked higher that manny other schools that are considered good.
Kindly post ur coments on this:sleepy:

@RAGS786 and frensandy

How tough is it to gain admission into this college ?
is it well known in India ?

TIA
JK

same question as above

is it worth it? it doesnt seem like they give schols or do they ? and do we need to spend on our own for all the travel expenditure?

Well u do need to spend on these trips and yes its from ur own pocket. And International students mostly do their internship in US itself in San Francisco, NY etc. and not in europe, china. And the 5 month long internship will help u earn reasonable money to travel around.