Mica 2010-12

Friends, romans, countrymen… ohh sorry… pagals, jhakkiis & all of you who r out of their sensible minds…:banghead::banghead::banghead: khair…leave it… It has been a long tym since shakespeare…to today’s world of PG… on…

Friends, romans, countrymen...
ohh sorry..

pagals, jhakkiis & all of you who r out of their sensible minds...:banghead::banghead::banghead:
khair...leave it...

It has been a long tym since shakespeare...to today's world of PG...
one thing that doesnt change is the changing ways of communication.
In ne case...i m not here 2 giv a lecture on communication.
may be 10 yrs 2 tht...(pray 4 me )

I m a MICA desperate as i hav held high....(koi mujhe mica se degre dila do bhaiiii...)

khair...All i am here is to request our moderators to kindly start something related 2 MICA for MICA 2010-12 batch aspirants.
It would be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Added Later:
Important Links for MICA 2010

Official MICA Query
MiCAT 2010

@ clark.

The forms havent been out yet!! The thread will pick up as soon as u hear something from MICA about the 10-12 batch!

Meanwhile, request the Mods to move this to the non-cat exams category!

Regards,
Marijuana!

Alllrytttt people...so here we go....

Lets jump into the forthcoming season of CAT and all those aspiring for the coveted Communication course @ MICA can join in and enrich the thread.
Although seniors and specially chuck_gopal have already done so much so that we dont require to burn 2 mch fuel in the same regard.

Anyways......So here it goes:

Chuck's Manifesto::thumbsup:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mica-gyaan-resources-and-faqs-25022457

For all the other info you can peep in @::thumbsup:
Common questions about MICA And their answers!

MICA vaalon ko bhi thodi jagah de dete hain::biggrin:
Welcome to Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad

Hi people..

The thread shall be reopened when the official notification is out.

Cheers
Pallavi

Hey MICA Aspirants,

The official notification for MICA's PGDM(Communications) 2010-12 batch has been declared today.

CAT 2009 and GMAT scores will be accepted.
For more details and online application go to:www.mica-india.net

Important Dates:
Issue of forms begin:22nd September
Last date for submission:27th January 2010,11:59pm

Hey MICA Aspirants,

The official notification for MICA's PGDM(Communications) 2010-12 batch has been declared today.

CAT 2009 and GMAT scores will be accepted.
For more details and online application go to:www.mica-india.net

Important Dates:
Issue of forms begin:22nd September
Last date for submission:27th January 2010,11:59pm

Dude,

Are you sure that the notification is out cause when i checked the site it is still having last year's dates...

PG Diploma Programmes - Admissions

Can you please provide a link?

Thanks,
Shiva

guys

this is for all mumbai puys

a senior MICAn will be in mumbai for the 21 and 22 of this month and he is calling all the MICA aspirants.... for a meet where in all the doubts and queries will be answered.....

anyone interested can please pm me.......

regards

karthik iyer

Dude,

Are you sure that the notification is out cause when i checked the site it is still having last year's dates...

PG Diploma Programmes - Admissions

Can you please provide a link?

Thanks,
Shiva

Firstly,u rather address me as dudette
Alrite let's make the info more credible:
Link to advertisement:MICA 2010-12 Notification
It comes today in the Education times last page bottom right corner.You are right shiv the details are not yet uploaded on the MICA official website.

regarding the Senior MICAn .... who is visiting mumbai ..

this is the link that takes yu to the post where he is formally inviting all mica aspirants....

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mica-2009-25034611

regards

karthik

Firstly,u rather address me as dudette
Alrite let's make the info more credible:
Link to advertisement:MICA 2010-12 Notification
It comes today in the Education times last page bottom right corner.You are right shiv the details are not yet uploaded on the MICA official website.

Xanthipe, Dudette,

Apologies for addressing you as "dude" i didn't notice that.. :splat:.
Thanks for the link... I am uploading the mica notification advt for the benefit of others who don't buy TOI

ATB,
Shiva

Hi,
I am planning to fill up for MICA PGDM Comm. this yr.
As per the ad in education times...the form-filling begins tomorrow.
I am givin the CAT and GMAT (most probably) in December. My doubt is how and wen can i enter my scores for both th exams i.e. if i plan to fill up tomorrow??
And also...can i give the GMAT in January if (God forbid ) i don't get a slot in DEC? (cos i dunno if they will be delivering the official scorecard in time)

Hi,
I am planning to fill up for MICA PGDM Comm. this yr.
As per the ad in education times...the form-filling begins tomorrow.
I am givin the CAT and GMAT (most probably) in December. My doubt is how and wen can i enter my scores for both th exams i.e. if i plan to fill up tomorrow??
And also...can i give the GMAT in January if (God forbid ) i don't get a slot in DEC? (cos i dunno if they will be delivering the official scorecard in time)

Ankit,

The last date for form submission is 27th january only so you can comfortably give both CAT and GMAT well before that date and apply accordingly.

Wait till the online admissions are opened up and you can see the actual application form.. i had applied last year and there were options to enter both CAT and GMAT scores.

MICA does not require official scorecard at the time applying.. it is required only in the later stages during ge/pi!!!

Cheers,
Shiva

Thanks a lot Shiva for the info

jus 1 more query..as u quoted that u can see ur application form online after filling the form...i assume we can edit it too. So, can i fill up the form ASAP and enter both the scores as and wen i get them?

Thanks a lot Shiva for the info

jus 1 more query..as u quoted that u can see ur application form online after filling the form...i assume we can edit it too. So, can i fill up the form ASAP and enter both the scores as and wen i get them?

Yeah there was a option to edit last time but i dont know about this year dude :lookround:

Alllrytttt people...so here we go....

Lets jump into the forthcoming season of CAT and all those aspiring for the coveted Communication course @ MICA can join in and enrich the thread.
Although seniors and specially chuck_gopal have already done so much so that we dont require to burn 2 mch fuel in the same regard.

Anyways......So here it goes:

Chuck's Manifesto: :thumbsup:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mica-gyaan-resources-and-faqs-25022457
and
http://micaspirants.blogspot.com/

For all the other info you can peep in @: :thumbsup:
Common questions about MICA And their answers!

MICA vaalon ko bhi thodi jagah de dete hain: :biggrin:
Welcome to Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad

Any Idea on what CAT %ile MICA calls for MICAT and GD/PI??

Okk...this is a post picked up directly from the MICA admissions site...:
Admissions 2009-2011
(The site is yet to be updated by the college authorities for 2010-2012)

PGDM-C - Getting Through
Admissions to Post Graduate Programme in Communications Management (PGPCM) leading to Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C) 2009 - 2011

PGPCM leading to PGDM-C

You can also purchase application and prospectus from select branches of Axis Bank, IMS Learning Resources, PT Education, Career Launcher, T.I.M.E. and Career Forum, besides the MICA Admissions office. Application fee is Rs. 1400/-. Please click here for the list of centres where application forms are available (October 1st, 2008 onwards).

Eligibility

Admissions to the PGDM-C programme requires a Bachelor's degree (in keeping with the 10 + 2 + 3 (4) system) with minimum 50% marks or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities. Candidates appearing for the final examination towards a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) are also eligible to apply.

Students with demonstrable aptitude for expressing, assessing or conceiving ideas that move people to action and achieve business results, will stand better chances of being shortlisted.

Selection Procedure

The selection process for the PGDM-C involves three steps:

Stage - I
CAT/ GMAT

Candidates have to apply on the basis of CAT 2008 or GMAT (Score of 31 December 2006 or later).

Indian students can also apply with GMAT scores.

The CAT cut-off percentile for the 2009-2011 batch.

MICA will shortlist candidates with over all 90 percentile in CAT and with sectional cut off of 50 percentile and above in DI & QT. For verbal comprehension, sectional cut off will be 60 percentile.

GMAT score of 600+ can also be considered in lieu of CAT.

Stage - II
MICA Admissions Test (MICAT)

Candidates shortlisted from CAT/GMAT will be invited to appear for the MICAT, which will be conducted in Feburary / March at Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai. The MICAT is designed to assess analytical and divergent thinking, written communication skills and familarity with the Indian ethos.

Note: The Institute reserves the right to change any MICAT centre without assigning any reason.

MICAT Sample paper.

Stage - III
Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI)

Candidates shortlisted on the basis of MICAT will be invited for Group Excercise and Personal Interview at MICA campus, Ahmedabad later in February / March 2009.

Now you can accordingly judge for this year too.

May be a lot of people must have visited the MICA threads made earlier but...for first timers....

This is also a great thread to gather information about MICA and its admission process.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2008-ask-mica-ahmedabad-official-admission-query-thread-feat-prof-deval-kartik-25034668

ATB :thumbsup:

Rsingh014 Says
Any Idea on what CAT %ile MICA calls for MICAT and GD/PI??

Hey Clark has enlisted the details made last year.The details for this year batch are not yet put up on the MICA official link.We need to be a little patient on that.