Mica 2008-10 Aspirants

Hi everyone, Now that CAT is over,we need to start preparing for the next stage,hoping for the best results. I’m starting this thread for those of us who have or are planning to apply to MICA this year.There’s still a lot of time for the calls…

Hi everyone,
Now that CAT is over,we need to start preparing for the next stage,hoping for the best results.
I'm starting this thread for those of us who have or are planning to apply to MICA this year.There's still a lot of time for the calls to be out,but we can utilise this time to discuss MICA,find out about it,and make an informed decision.Hopefully,by the time the results come out,we will be well informed about MICA and the kind of preparation required for clearing the subsequent stages and be ready for the final hurdles.
For those who do not know much about MICA and want some good information,check out these threads :

1. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mica-gyaan-resources-and-faqs-25022457

2. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ask-mica-ahmedabad-official-admission-query-thread-featuring-prof-deval-kartik-25026645

3. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/mica-gepi-experiences-2007-25021583
This is a link on the main website showing the cutoff for the 2007-09 batch. PG Diploma Programmes - Admissions
And here's one about the placements : Placement 2007
Lets start getting into the mood for some serious prep. Coz getting into MICA is not gonna be easy! Just waiting for the CAT result (Hope for the best guys!!)
Till then,we can spend some time going through the above threads or contribute any other information that you have,and discuss the same.
Best of luck for the other exams
Does MICA has reservations for SC/ST candidates ??

Hey guys, i bought the form few days back.....but not goin for MICA now.......i have changed my plans...

If anybody is interested to buy the form at 200 Rs. concession...please ping me

when is the last date for applying for MICA?

at wt percentile does MICA give calls... any secional cut-offs? and heard that MICA has a separate test after short listing candidates... and how r the placement oppurtunities??

i dont kno bout everyone else, but im havin a real tough time fillin up the MICA application form! at this rate, I have no idea when I'm even gonna post the thing 😃

I think the last date is 5th Jan. I'm so confused myself about filling the form myself. Especially in 'How do you see yourself as a person' and LIKE DISLIKE. Any help in these will be appreciated.:

Hey anirudh.... even m anirudh... but from Pune... and even m very confused for filling the form... One serious sugesstion i would like to give all of u is dat try to explore more of u... wat u like and wat not....take some psychometric tests online dat will help u for MICAT also..... cuz even m tryin to do this since past 10 days... and go thru Chuck-Gopal's link about MICA

best luck

hey every1, just got the news that the last date for MICA is now 15th of Jan. .but i had a doubt. .will the forms be available till then at SBI????. .plzz do reply. . cheers,megha gautam.

megha gautam Says
hey every1, just got the news that the last date for MICA is now 15th of Jan. .but i had a doubt. .will the forms be available till then at SBI????. .plzz do reply. . cheers,megha gautam.

Where did u get that information ?? No idea about the availability . But its better if u get it early b'coz the form itself will take sometime to fill.
Hey anirudh.... even m anirudh... but from Pune... and even m very confused for filling the form... One serious sugesstion i would like to give all of u is dat try to explore more of u... wat u like and wat not....take some psychometric tests online dat will help u for MICAT also..... cuz even m tryin to do this since past 10 days... and go thru Chuck-Gopal's link about MICA

best luck

No actually what i wondered is that do u have to write your hobbies or something else in your likes dislikes ??

ya u can write ur hobbies n stuff... anything ur good at and like doing cuz they might ask u questions on it... i jus finished filling in a major part of my form...

go thro dis thread fr a few tips...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ask-mica-ahmedabad-official-admission-query-thread-featuring-prof-deval-kartik-25026645

n i did get a message from PG saying that the last date for submission of MICA forms is 15th Jan... tho it isn't there on the site yet!

Ya i had read that thread , not much helpful in filling the form. And of course i can't write my true likes and dislikes.:drinking: So will have to think on this one.

Hi, there is no such information provided on the offiial website.I'd advise you to purchase the form at the earliest,just in case.Or,contact MICA and confirm the same : {All inquiries related to admission should be sent to:KGK PillaiRegistrar,MICA, Shela, Ahmedabad - 380 058, Gujarat, IndiaTel: +91 2717 237946 to 51, & +91 2717 308250 Fax: +91 2717 237945 & +91 2717 308349E-mail:[email protected]}

chocolat23 Says
n i did get a message from PG saying that the last date for submission of MICA forms is 15th Jan... tho it isn't there on the site yet!

I'd gone through that thread too...but its related to the admission process.Likes and dislikes is more of a personal thing.Write anything you feel is ur like/dislike keeping in mind of course the appropriateness as Anirudh pointed out 😃 Though it is an important point which the interviewrs generally grab to understand your personality.Do analyse 'n magine ld explain/justify/convince the interview panel of the same before you fill in the form. And guys,I had a friend who'd forgotten what he'd written in the form when he did get the call!! can happen to anyone. Remember to keep a photocopy of the completed form so that you can review exactly what you wrote in it before the interview,coz the panel will certainly base a lot of questions on the stuff that we write now.

ya u can write ur hobbies n stuff... anything ur good at and like doing cuz they might ask u questions on it... i jus finished filling in a major part of my form...

go thro dis thread fr a few tips...
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ask-mica-ahmedabad-official-admission-query-thread-featuring-prof-deval-kartik-25026645

Hey guys,

The last date has been extended from 5th Jan to 15th Jan.
It has been updated on the official website also.
So we get more time to fill up the form..:)

even i am confused over filling the form......bought it long back and seriously thinking over last 3 days but reached nowhere...........
weknow we have to b true but i m confused over the area which this LIKE -DISLIKE question covers??:.........
Likes- may b hobbies,or people (eg. I like Vivekananda)......and ?
Dislikes-some systems,annoying habits ,something annoying about yourself only...some weakness and?

but still if we found 3 each how to rate thm? can they b from different fields/categories??

Anyone any help?:(

My problem exactly ....:(