Life @ IIM Trichy

Space reserved :: :: :: Will post my experience on 15th editing this space :: :: :: :: :: ::

Space reserved Will post my experience on 15th editing this space

balash Says
Space reserved Will post my experience on 15th editing this space

Life in b school section afaik is non editable. Hence post cautiously

Anyways all the best..looking fwd to read ur story

I dont have the time to post a big reply but for starters u can go thro this website......
will update the post later here

Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli

I dont have the time to post a big reply but for starters u can go thro this website......
will update the post later here

hi,
you can use this very thread for the life @ trichy experiences and discussions. :)
no need to close it.

IIM trichi ppl.. Why is there no activity in this thread... This thread is the only place next year aspirants have, to gauge the happenings at Trichy. Pls do post ur experiences here.... I know i might not be the rite person 2 tell this... But I feel IIM Trichy being from my home land shld get the required limelight... Take a look at Life at IIM S thread... Diablorulez has done a phenomenal job....

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/lifeiims-25032354

A post which has been long overdue......

Post-Graduate Programme in Management (2011-2013 Batch)
CAT Registration Number:********
Name: *******
Category:***
Date of Birth:**/**/****
Congratulations!
I am pleased to communicate that you have been offered admission to the Post Graduate Programme in Management (2011-13) at Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli on the basis of the documents submitted by you and your participation in the Personal Appearance (GDPI) Process.

When i saw a P.M from one of the puys containing the above words, i realised my two year journey had come to an end.... I was finally a part of a brand, yes.... those 3 letters which inspire people, those three letters which every management aspirant in the country dreams of.... I I M....
being a new IIM like everyone else i had my doubts... but all those got resolved when i spoke to the director of the institute.... i decided i was goin to be part of history.... i shall leave behind a legacy which future batches would inherit
Our journey began on 15th june 2011 with inauguration... Mr.Gopal Vittal, Executive Director, HUL was the chief guest of the inauguration ceremony....
The enthusiasm level of each and every person in the auditorium was amazing. After listening to the speeches by the director and chairman and intro of our faculty members(u can find more about them here) i knew i was in for something special.....
our orientation program started next day and our regular classes on 20th June.....
Trust me friends i never realised one month can move so fast..... the amount of learning and fun we have had setting up the institute from scratch has been tremendous..... we still have a long way to go..... we have already formed committees and the clubs and with the mid terms around the corner we are having a tough time managing everything......
HOSTEL LIFE!!!!
i have been never lived in a hostel and was apprehensive about it..... coming here i have got the feeling that i have missed hostel life during my u.g days..... awesome ice breaker sessions have taken place(will try posting the pics soon ) and at times i feel i have never had so much fun in my life :cheerio::cheerio: and yeah we had our freshers party during the second week of our course.......
A lot has happened in one month and am sure am missing a lot of details...... but its 3:30 am and i thought i ll not get time if i dont post now:-P

will try posting regularly hereafter guys..... till then

Am dividing the post into few stages:
1) Apprehension before pulling the 'T'rigger

It took me a lot of brainstorming amidst deep skepticism before i chose to join IIM Trichy. Being a fresher with 2 well paying analytics jobs (both reputed firms) in hand and also being a 99.61 percentiler (a handful of calls and some converts........the less said about it the better), it was a headbreaking conundrum for me to reject all those options.In the end, heart ruled over the mind.The desire to join an IIM was way too strong.

Like most people, I was also apprehensive about a joining a new institute, but the single thing which drives most of us here is the fact that we were given a chance to 'write history, not read them'.We could leave everlasting footprints in the sands of time while others followed them. Thus, I had finally pulled the 'T'rigger and had decided to join IIM T.

A post which has been long overdue......

Post-Graduate Programme in Management (2011-2013 Batch)
CAT Registration Number:********
Name: *******
Category:***
Date of Birth:**/**/****
Congratulations!
I am pleased to communicate that you have been offered admission to the Post Graduate Programme in Management (2011-13) at Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli on the basis of the documents submitted by you and your participation in the Personal Appearance (GDPI) Process.

When i saw a P.M from one of the puys containing the above words, i realised my two year journey had come to an end.... I was finally a part of a brand, yes.... those 3 letters which inspire people, those three letters which every management aspirant in the country dreams of.... I I M....
being a new IIM like everyone else i had my doubts... but all those got resolved when i spoke to the director of the institute.... i decided i was goin to be part of history.... i shall leave behind a legacy which future batches would inherit
Our journey began on 15th june 2011 with inauguration... Mr.Gopal Vittal, Executive Director, HUL was the chief guest of the inauguration ceremony....
The enthusiasm level of each and every person in the auditorium was amazing. After listening to the speeches by the director and chairman and intro of our faculty members(u can find more about them here) i knew i was in for something special.....
our orientation program started next day and our regular classes on 20th June.....
Trust me friends i never realised one month can move so fast..... the amount of learning and fun we have had setting up the institute from scratch has been tremendous..... we still have a long way to go..... we have already formed committees and the clubs and with the mid terms around the corner we are having a tough time managing everything......
HOSTEL LIFE!!!!
i have been never lived in a hostel and was apprehensive about it..... coming here i have got the feeling that i have missed hostel life during my u.g days..... awesome ice breaker sessions have taken place(will try posting the pics soon ) and at times i feel i have never had so much fun in my life :cheerio::cheerio: and yeah we had our freshers party during the second week of our course.......
A lot has happened in one month and am sure am missing a lot of details...... but its 3:30 am and i thought i ll not get time if i dont post now:-P

will try posting regularly hereafter guys..... till then

Hello thank you for the initiative.....

Can u pls throw some light on FPM progamme starting in 2012 at IIMT??
2) The 'T'rigger pulled - Living life the IIM way

In our first few days in campus we were overawed by the 'awesomeness' of our faculty and our director.They were all really down-to-earth people with a huge breadth as well as depth of knowledge.They gelled,entertained and interacted with us very well from day 1.They all had that special aura surrounding them.Yet , the true rockstar was our director. A dedicated, hardworking and enigmatic man he is.He inspires most of us students around here.
Coming to hostels and student life, I always thought we would take at least 1 week to adapt and be comfortable with each other.And here we are, me having been nicknamed within an hour of playing cricket on our opening day (in the process being the 1st IIM T student to be so........).....A huge gang of 30 of us already started getting comfortable....our first night in IIM T we end up skipping sleep and instead indulged in hearty discussion in the terrace till 5 in the morning.............(to be continued)........
A New Life - The IIM Life

If the faculty of students was mindblowing, that of students did not fail to dissappoint.Their quality and diversity in work experience was simply astounding.After talking to my peers and faculty, My mind voice simply said 'I am in right hands'.Loads of students already had work experience abroad and they gave a different perspective to life.I felt small compared to those numerous bigshots but then realised that's how it is in an IIM and felt very proud.
All students were fun loving to unexpected levels that defies their age.This was clearly exemplified in those numerous icebreaker and party sessions where everybody loosened up and let the kid inside them to take the fore.Classes were brilliant fun and subjects were handled by the faculty very well.After classes, my respect for them had gone a notch higher.Faculty members entertained us with their wit and humour.And suddenly we are giving 3 presentations a week, numerous case studies, doing surveys, analysing accounting XL sheets, preparing a few 1000 page reports.Work was slowly catching up to us and sleep just ceased becoming an essential entity.subjects like economics and accounting were really scary and people would literally piss in their pants before the exams.But nevertheless, the subjects were very interesting.......(to be continued)......
4) Fun Quotient at IIM T

But all this super dooper ultramega hectic workload still did not deter people from meeting around and having a long drawn out yet fun discussion or two.There was always time for BC.Most of us managed the pressure pretty well by staying calm and continuing to do things that we enjoy the most.For instance, on this day we had an Accounting excel sheet, another report and an accounting test the next day.I remember it was raining also.No matter what, each day u will always see 1 gang playing cricket and another football.Then there is an elite bunch of gamer junkies who no matter what will take their post dinner half hour CS fix.U can see ppl playing music, some exhibit their passions in other sports like TT, snooker although there really isnt much time to go to the sports center and play these sports.There are guys with weird hobbies like playing strategic card games like poker..(infact texas hold em poker is something of a rage and people enjoy this game)......The weekend is also something to look forward to. Dhaba outings, hostel parties and football matches are the order of the weekend.
Although it's as late in the night as 6 am (oops.....my prolonged lack of sleep has made me groggy that im confused between morning and night), and time to rush to the class with a quick breakfast at 8, I am totally enjoying my studies here and the classes.The relaxed atmosphere, the friends, quick byte BC sessions and hobbies keep us from succumbing to the pressure of workload.

I think in the end of the day, that is what life is all about.Managing work even if it is in a high pressure furnace, yet being able to enjoy everything out of life as if life is a comedy in a theatre.Now ill stop myself before i go too much into philosophy.Sorry for the extremely long post.Exams and other work around.Will be back with more posts (bigger and better..........;))........

Welcome to NIT Campus guys. Hope you are enjoying your stay here.

Wooooooooooooooooow.. best way to start expressing about my life in this prestigious Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli.
To start with, I got here a little earlier than the rest of the batch due to remedial classes attended by 7 other people. We had a lot of time to explore the campus, the city and the facilities on offer and the most important factor to live in an institute "The FUN Factor". On the very last day of my preparatory sessions after knowing each and every thing to know before joining a business school, guess what.... I rejected offers from some of the newer IIMs and made my point clear, "this is the place I have to live for next two years".

The FUN Factor started all the way from Day 1 and it seems to be never ending. The starting week trips to various parts of Trichy and surrounding towns and then the Fresher's Party and the M.B.A. Party, in the following weeks were some of memorable moments. I still remember that crazy night wherein my stupid colleagues woke me up @ 1am requesting for help in a medical emergency and without even wearing my shirt in a hurry, I went along only to get myself drenched with water from a bunch of army who were ready with their weapons or buckets full of chilled water in hand. The never ending birthday celebrations of the colleagues at 12 midnight (every week I should say) have been amazing and the birthday celebration of our beloved professor along with our director in one of good restaurants in city, was the biggest bash I ever attended. Besides, celebrations of Ganesh Utsav and Diwali were the part of cultural events which made me think that I will never miss my Home anymore in the festive sessions. The counterstrike nights at the hostel making a way for a championship event which saw maximum participation and Fun Fair events like housiee, management dumb charades and the Gambling events like Poker, Lucky 7, Beat the Dealer etc. have been the highlights of all the events.

Besides, its been an overall nice experience here to be the only doctor of the institute. People regularly turn up to my hostel room to take timely advise regarding their health. They have even given me a role of team Physio for any sports event in which our institute takes part. It feels great when not only my peers, but the professors and administrative staff also ask for any health advise for themselves. Besides, people here in IIM Trichy have been incredibly helpful and encouraging towards me. They have an amazing variety of backgrounds and interests and it is a pleasure interacting with them.

My first post in pagalguy.... I badly wanted to join IIM-T just because it's in my state... But after reading your experiences i think I can have an even better reason to join IIM-T.

Hi Seniors ,

Nice to hear these experiences ... can you please shed some light on how is the campus and infrastructure in IIMT , also as we don't have our own campus and would be sharing NIT T campus , is there any feeling of alienation or any other problem ?
@shadyaftermath @chkishore25 @tatadocomo

hello frnds i have gdpi of six new iim's on 20th feb 2014

plz tell how to prepare for pi with detailed questions and answers

i'am pursuing my graduation from bsc. ag.