life @DOMS iisc,bangalore

hi to all jmet aspirants; Well to tell you about IISc I think IISc is beyond any introduction but all I can say is studying here is really a great learning experience…:slight_smile: mba@iisc, first of all we have a very small batch of only 20 stud…

hi to all jmet aspirants;

Well to tell you about IISc I think IISc is beyond any introduction but all I can say is studying here is really a great learning experience...:)
mba@iisc,
first of all we have a very small batch of only 20 students with a 50-50 mix of freshers and work-ex people.What I like here most is that a lot of freedom is given to the students when it comes to selection of subject,all you have to do is to complete the minimum no. of credits in each sem.
Profs here are very approachable and encouraging;
altogether its a great feeling being a part of this institute and what I have given is just a snapshort , if u want to know more u can always write to us .
I am sure all my batchmates will be happy to answer your queris.

nivedita

Hi..just a suggestion..
it will b much better if u put this thread in b-school student discussion section.. thts where most such threads are..
Regards

can you put some more info like:
- till what rank the calls were given
- how many students were called for gd/pi

cheers!

Hi mytypicalid,
u'll find the information at http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iisc-2007-admissions-25017389

Adding to what nivedita says:
1. The small batch size gives amazing flexibility. To give an example those of us who are interested in HR have been given mentors who are the HR heads at companies like Titan and Oracle
2. And though we have not publicised it much, we too have been offering a one term project internship apart from the summer internship...
3. IISc prides itself at being extremly good at Quants...
4. We have something called the management seminar series every week (sometimes twice a week) , where we call an industry speaker (head of GOldman Sachs at India, CEO of Tata Elxsi, CEO of E4E labs to name a few) and also profesoors from foreign universities (even Harvard)

can you put some more info like:
- till what rank the calls were given
- how many students were called for gd/pi

cheers!

HI mytypicalid,
last time the cutoff rank was around 1300 and some 200 students were called for gd/pi.
when r ur results comin...

nivedita

howis the ms course at iisc

For the first time, an Indian University has succeeded to make up in the top 10 of a global ranking for Universities. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has been ranked eighth in the ‘Times Higher Education (THE) Best Small Universities in the World 2017 Rankings‘. Small universities are those with fewer than 5,000 students.

However, India’s overall show in the ranking took a hit this year, as besides IISc, no other Indian University has managed to grab any position under the top 20 ranking. Last year, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati and Savitribai Phule Pune University ranked 14 and 18 respectively in the 2016 edition were two Indian institutions in the top 20. Unfortunately, both could not retain their spots in this year’s world rankings 2017. 

http://www.aftergraduation.co.in/iisc-bangalore-first-indian-university-ranked-among-top-10-world-the-best-small-universities-2017-world-ranking/

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/2019-2021-master-of-management-doms-iisc-5373388820840448 This is the link to admission queries 2019.