Just got a 770 on GMAT! Now what?

Hi puys! I will be taking CAT this year. I just took the GMAT to get it out if my way, only to find later that institutes such as SP jain and Great Lakes accept its score. I was expecting around 700 but not above 750. Now I’ve got 770 miraculous…

Hi puys!
I will be taking CAT this year. I just took the GMAT to get it out if my way, only to find later that institutes such as SP jain and Great Lakes accept its score. I was expecting around 700 but not above 750. Now I've got 770 miraculously. So now I'm kind of confused. Should I wait 2 years, get some work experience and apply to Ivy league schools?( I am in the final year of B.Tech CSE) Or should I just try for reputed institutes such as SP jain etc. this year itself.
I know the decision pretty much depends upon whether I want to go international or not and financial constraints but I am more concerned with the KIND of work ex. Could someone guide me as to what kind of companies should I apply for which can give me an edge for international schools? For example, product based companies have little communication intensive work and do not give one an edge. I would like something which puts me in an IT marketing kind of role. No such companies come to my campus, and I would be applying for off campus jobs only! Please suggest such jobs if possible. (I've heard that some consultancies hire you on the basis of your GMAT score?)

Hi puys!
I will be taking CAT this year. I just took the GMAT to get it out if my way, only to find later that institutes such as SP jain and Great Lakes accept its score. I was expecting around 700 but not above 750. Now I've got 770 miraculously. So now I'm kind of confused. Should I wait 2 years, get some work experience and apply to Ivy league schools?( I am in the final year of B.Tech CSE) Or should I just try for reputed institutes such as SP jain etc. this year itself.
I know the decision pretty much depends upon whether I want to go international or not and financial constraints but I am more concerned with the KIND of work ex. Could someone guide me as to what kind of companies should I apply for which can give me an edge for international schools? For example, product based companies have little communication intensive work and do not give one an edge. I would like something which puts me in an IT marketing kind of role. No such companies come to my campus, and I would be applying for off campus jobs only! Please suggest such jobs if possible. (I've heard that some consultancies hire you on the basis of your GMAT score?)

could try elitmus eLitmus :: One Aptitude Test for Many Freshers' Jobs | eLitmus.com

I talked to a few seniors and they said elitmus is for purely Information technology jobs with little chance to develop interpersonal/ managerial skills.

Hey mate.. Congrats for that score. Will you be kind enough to let us know what all material did you study from? Thank!! 😉

teej88 Says
Hey mate.. Congrats for that score. Will you be kind enough to let us know what all material did you study from? Thank!! ;)

Well...
1. Buy Official Guide 12.
2. Take Diagnostic test.
3. Identify your weakness.
4. Buy Manhattan prep guides of the subjects which you find difficult/ in which u make mistakes.
Definitely buy: Manhattan SC. Manhattan Word problem guide.
5. Practice from the guides.
6. Take one full test from gmat prep- official gmat preparation software. available on mba.com
7. Identify weakness and work on them.
8. Take second test of gmatprep.

Do not read sentence correction from untrusted sources. Only use Manhattan SC.

thanks and all the best!!

teej88 Says
thanks and all the best!!

Thank you;)
Hi puys!
It will be better if you ask this question in Ask A Consultant thread. http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ask-a-consultant-gmat-gre-only-25062774