Ask a Consultant! - GMAT/GRE Only

4,385 Posts  ·  21,916 Users
About this group
The GMAT section's been growing rapidly over the past few years but I'm sure you already know that. Unfortunately, it's becoming tougher for individual contributors to keep pace. Fortunately, a lot of consultants have been coming up to help! So as...
Page 1 of 439

I am a CA cleared in May 2017, with Work experience of 8 years post graduation and I want to Pursue MBA, but confised, should I go for PG programme or Executive programme. And which college would be accepting my profile.

10th and 12th- average score of 65%-70%

Graduation- 2nd Division below 60%

CA- More than 5 attempts

1 comment
ABatExperts
@ABatExperts  ·  22 karma

@AnjanaDhand The asnwer to your question depends on your GMAT score and career goals. The details provided by you are not enough for an evaluation. Remember, schools evaluate your profile holistically! We look forward to receiving your details. All the best!

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

I have done B.Tech (Computers) + MBA & having 7 years of experience in consulting, To enhance my skills further & to grab opportunity overseas I have taken  GMAT for persuing Second MBA from abroad & got score 710. My age is 35 at present. Is it advisable career path & does second MBA benefit me at this stage of my life. Seeking serious guidence.  

undefined
Write a comment...

HI, I want to sell my GRE Manhatten test series for really low price.
Email if intrested- ayushranjan15@gmail.com

1 like
undefined
Write a comment...

2019 GMAT books/videos, Financial modelling, various Advanced excels materials etc available; drop an email at mypassion1410@gmail.com if needed...

undefined
Write a comment...

I have done B.Tech (Computer Science Engineering) + MBA (from Tier III college) and having 6 years of experience. I am aiming IIMs for perusing PGPX. Got Score 680 in GMAT. What are my chances to get into IIMs?  

4 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 4
CrackAdmission
@CrackAdmission  ·  40 karma

It is NOT a negetive factor. However, you will need to provide a clear explanation of why you want to reinvest in the same education deggree.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
ABatExperts
@ABatExperts  ·  22 karma

Hello @judiciousanand While the GMAT score and years of experience are ok (GMAT score not being stellar), the essays will be particularly crucial in your case. You will not only need to demonstrate your achievements in an appropriate manner but also showcase your need for a second MBA at this point in your career. Of course, portraying a logical set of career goals will be very important. Feel free to reach out in case you have any further queries. All the best!

More
Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Which OG to buy?

Are the questions in the OG_Verbal review and the OG_Quant unique to those two guides? Or do the questions overlap with the OG_2019? i.e. can I get more practice by purchasing the Verbal/Quant? Or is it just a waste of money?  

OG_2019+OG_Verbal review + OG_quant review
OG_Verbal review + OG_quant review
OG_2019
2 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Hi, the magoose self study package tell about at least 2 practice test . But how many does it actually has?

1 comment
Karthik2019MBA
@Karthik2019MBA  ·  43 karma

Depends. You can take 4 - 5 full tests.

Like  ·  Reply  ·  
undefined
Write a comment...

Hello everyone:

We are a team of mentors from IIMA and IIMC, we have helped 500+ students to get into their dream B-School (Indian as well Foreign). Our services include:

1. Application editing
  2. Interview preparation

We have consulted students to get into top B-schools of the world like Harvard, Stanford, ISB, IE, IIM A, IIM B, IIM C, etc.

If interested, please give us a call on 9831939136 

3 likes
undefined
Write a comment...

What is the best GMAT mock taking strategy?

Once a week mock
Once a month mock
Once every two months mock
Mock to be given only post full course study completion
1 like9 answers
You can view the comments after answering or skipping this question.

Career and College query

Hi everyone.

I have been a silent spectator here for a while. Never posted anything till now as I generally gain insights from others experiences, but now I have reached a situation that I cannot proceed without any further help.

Any info provided by you will help me tremendously, so please take out some to help me with the below questions.

So a little bit about myself. 

I am a mechanical engineer. I have a total of 6+ years of work experience, 5 of which was in a leading global automotive company as part of the global product development and 1+ year in a leading global aerospace company as part of the integrated system design team. 

I always had plans to do an MBA majoring in supply chain or operations. But as you know the MBAs in USA are not stem credited (hence I cannot apply for the STEM OPT extension) so I started looking for MS in supply chain or operations or other stem business programs.

Now that I have provided a brief history, these are my questions.

1. I have not been able to find many STEM designated MBAs except from the one in Wisconsin Madison, Can you provide the names of some of the MBAs that are stem designated?

2. Another degree that interests me MS is industrial engineering/operation research. I am not able to apply to any such courses because they require GRE and I have GMAT score. Are there any colleges that provide MS in industrial Engineering and accept GMAT scores? 

Also the average work ex of the class is quite less compared to mine. Do u think that will be a disadvantage for me?

3. Is it possible to transition to supply chain role with 6-7 years' work experience in product development after doing MS in supply chain?! Also will my work ex give any competitive advantage even though it is not exactly supply chain exp? 

Thank you for taking time to go through my post and helping me out. :)

More
undefined
Write a comment...