Ivey MBA Spring 2010 applicants

This post is to get an overview of the list of applicants for Richard Ivey School of Business MBA 2010. I am sure I have missed quite some names or got the status wrong - just let me know so that I can update this post. But NO discussions her…

This post is to get an overview of the list of applicants for Richard Ivey School of Business MBA 2010. I am sure I have missed quite some names or got the status wrong - just let me know so that I can update this post.

But NO discussions here please. All discussions related to the Ivey 2010 MBA should be addressed in this thread: http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/ivey-mba-25033123

There is a Yahoo Group for the 2010 admits to discuss finances, visa, etc: iveymba2011 : IVEY MBA CO 2011
Admits
Early Round
sks81
chiraggupta_86
dsnehash
aNDee!
jetekic
gallahad
mbazing
DJ / debo123
aditya83
premprakash133 (deferred admit from 2009)
maxonline

R1

??

R2
Adas
dstylez
maddee7
damroo

Deferred Admit
tdadic64 (Early Round - Deferred to 2011)
ajjk (Early Round - Deferred to 2011)

On Waiting list :banghead:
Early Round
bobby24in
ctarafdar

R1

Ashna Suri
mba_20_10

R2
Applicants - interviewed (or planned)
Early Round
MBA@10
mansi.malik
mr_rkh

R1
prabh1985

R2
Godbole
arwen123
dOMINATOR
mohitagg7
cold_cam
zram84

Applicants - Waiting for interview
R1
satrangi
ram.21
R2
ram4v12catastrope
highfly383
brandmanager
rahulsar

Dinged
Early Round
puriaseem

R1

MBAblackbelt
RC150
GBH

R2
gpm
sillyfool

good effort keep it up

@GBH well you must have worked hard to come up with that list
And i am not sure but i think Chiraggupta has already denied the offer and is apping to other colleges

So there is one more vacancy for an Indian 😃

Add me to the list of folks who got interviewed for R2

@GBH well you must have worked hard to come up with that list
And i am not sure but i think Chiraggupta has already denied the offer and is apping to other colleges

So there is one more vacancy for an Indian :)

Thanks,Godbole.
@sillyfool: yes, chiraggupta indicated difficulties in finding finance. That's really sad - to have worked so hard and to finally give up on the offer. Let's do hope he manages his finances.

I have been reading about how unpredictable it is to figure out when and who gets out of the waiting list. Hypothetical example - take 3 schools Harvard, Wharton and Ivey. You are on Harvard's waiting list and have an admit in Wharton. You get an Harvard admit because chiraggupta who was admitted to Harvard defers to next year due to his finances. Godbole here is on Wharton's waiting list but has an admit in Ivey. Wharton pulls out its waiting list, thanks to chiraggupta, and gives an admit call to Godbole. Godbole gives up on his Ivey seat and hence Ivey pulls out its waiting list. This cascading effect is what makes the whole thing so unpredictable. And it can happen until the very first day of the class.
Now, say, its early March. Who on Ivey's waiting list has a better chance of taking up an offer? Somebody who has a Canadian PR or somebody who has to get a student visa and wrap up things in 2 weeks time? Or between 2 Canadian PRs, who is in a better financial position to take up the offer?

Well, as somebody mentioned, it makes sense to just keep our fingers crossed and work on other applications during this crucial December period.

Is it possible to still be waiting for an interview for R1 if the decision deadline has passed? (Dec. 6)

Ada Says
Is it possible to still be waiting for an interview for R1 if the decision deadline has passed? (Dec. 6)

I doubt if that's possible. Many people simply haven't reported back on this forum with the latest news.

I got a ding from ivey today, put me on the ding list :)

It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.

-Captain Picard to Data
Star Trek: The Next Generations

I got a ding from ivey today, put me on the ding list :)

It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness. That is life.

-Captain Picard to Data
Star Trek: The Next Generations

Sorry about that, gpm.

I guess it won't be long before I hear something...

Hi GBH... In the waitlist...

mba_20_10 Says
Hi GBH... In the waitlist...

Join the club, mate.

hi,
i have gmat score of 640. quant(48, verbal (29)
awa-4.5
x--87
x11--96
b.texh-84%
ec--not good, but can make up.

can anyone who were admitted or interviewed please copmment on my chances.
i am applying for 1st round. trying to do that before feb-1.
could you please tell my chances of getting intervioewed/admit bcz the application fees of 150$ is very heavy for me.
please reply asap as deadline is nearing.

hi,
i have gmat score of 640. quant(48, verbal (29)
awa-4.5
x--87
x11--96
b.texh-84%
ec--not good, but can make up.

can anyone who were admitted or interviewed please copmment on my chances.
i am applying for 1st round. trying to do that before feb-1.
could you please tell my chances of getting intervioewed/admit bcz the application fees of 150$ is very heavy for me.
please reply asap as deadline is nearing.

I don't think your school grades are that important. What counts is your undergraduate performance - 84% seems good. You haven't mentioned your work experience. GMAT scores could have been a more balanced.

Feb 1st is the *final* deadline and not the 1st round deadline - which it makes a bit more challenging.

Hi,

Can anyone please evaluate my profile for Ivey
GMAT : 640
work ex: 3 years in BFSI domain in Risk Management IT Side with international Exposure
Acads: First Class in BE
Extra curr: Decent in College

I am not sure whether i should apply with this score or not.... as it is on the lower side...

Regards,
Arjun