Infosys Recruitment | PaGaLGuY

Join the discussion on Infosys Recruitment and Get the details about the Infosys Exam, How to Apply online, Paper Pattern, Preparation,  Vacancy,  Exam Date, Admit Card,  Jobs, Answer Key, Syllabus,  Sample/Test Paper , off campus Recruitment and Much More.

Refer Official Website for more information:-

www.infosys.com/careers/apply/

To keep track of latest discussions on Infosys Recruitment, stay connected with fellow students on PaGaLGuY.

Infosys Candidates Waiting For Offer Letter

well, according to the advice of all u ppl, i've dropped the idea of joining TAPMI/NIRMA for infy.. now even the last dates for these institutes are over...i HAVE got the e-mail from infy saying that i have been selected and that i'll b told about my date of joining n location WITHIN 3 months...well, guys, is there any REMOTE possibility of infy NOT taking me now.... if that happens, i'll b ruined...i haven't even got the hard copy...it's just a mail(although they said that i should consider the mail as an official confirmation from their end)...but i'm still ANXIOUS...has it happened to any of u guys.....i gave the exam on the 18th of april...n got the confirmation letter on the 5th of May....

How many more threads are we going to see from you ?

hi
i can understand ur worry dude . u must have thought long and hard before chucking TAPMI and NIRMA . if working is ur priority for the time being then even if infy doesn't take u in u can always look for better avenues in other companies .
chillax i think u will get the offer letter soon with the joining date . wats the CTC( salary) they have mentioned in ur letter / e-mial

Well, this is something no one else can helpp.... you got to go through it pal.
The best thing is communication. Try and communicate with the Infy people... get it confirmed from them. I have a feeling that no one here can anything abt it...

this is what happened to couple of my friends last year , they had appeared for the test in july ist week, recvd similar letter sometime in late aug, & joined in oct 2nd or 3rd week

hello frend,
i guess u must b having some formalities to b completed for completion of ur course (Btech./mca as the case may b), thats y they might have deferred u.
relax man i guess u will get the final joining letter after the completion of the degree formalities(if any).
the biggest thing in your favor is that the market is good and many companies r in the recruiting mode for freshers particularly (join CHETANA group in yahoo to witness the same).
--regards

Chill out dude... i am working in infosys.. and for the past 1-2 years, there is heavy recruitment going on here... so don't worry.. they will be sending u the call letter soon..

if it gets too late, just pm me your reference number... i will try to get u the final call... 😉

hey..thanks a lot for the help man...can you plz tell me, approximately, what's the salary that i can expect if i work in Infy for 2 years...ie what's the salary that i'll get after 2 years in infy....
and if i shift to a different company after , say 1 year at infy...can u tell me, approx, what'll b the salary(max) that i can expect if i m in the software industry for 2-3 years...thankin u in advance

hey..thanks a lot for the help man...can you plz tell me, approximately, what's the salary that i can expect if i work in Infy for 2 years...ie what's the salary that i'll get after 2 years in infy....
and if i shift to a different company after , say 1 year at infy...can u tell me, approx, what'll b the salary(max) that i can expect if i m in the software industry for 2-3 years...thankin u in advance

A typical softie with 2 yrs exp in Infy gets about 25-30k. but that depends, all this is based on your performance.. you might get more or less depending upon it

If u leave infy after 1 year.. then your salary depends on the company which you join... for eg.. a comapny like accenture/IBM will pay u approx 30k.. ST -> 35k, TCS/Wipro--> 25k... one of my frnds here has about 10 months exp.. and has got a job in Sapient with a package of around 40k/month.. but all depends on ur ability..

And yup all the packages above are CTC.. not in-hand salary..

thanks a lot, man...it feels so nice to be helped by someone.u've been of great help...just one more question.. will i have any problem climbing up the ladders of success in the S/W industry, being a chemical engineer(that too a fresher with hardly any knowledge about programming language)...will that prove to be a hindrance from me...i m sure that friend of urs who got thru sapient must be a Com sc. engr.
and does infy have any working office in north india?
and can you please give me your email id, so that i can e-mail you. n manpreet, what do you mean by PM me...does that mean post message(i m sorry for being such an ignoramus)..thank you

thanks a lot, man...it feels so nice to be helped by someone.u've been of great help...just one more question.. will i have any problem climbing up the ladders of success in the S/W industry, being a chemical engineer(that too a fresher with hardly any knowledge about programming language)...will that prove to be a hindrance from me...i m sure that friend of urs who got thru sapient must be a Com sc. engr.
and does infy have any working office in north india?
and can you please give me your email id, so that i can e-mail you. n manpreet, what do you mean by PM me...does that mean post message(i m sorry for being such an ignoramus)..thank you

There is not much of a ladder is S/W industry as such. For most life is quite typical. One or two years in a company. Then a chance to go onsite and see some money. Then back home. Another 2 years and then one becomes an analyst and after 5-6 years, a manager. And your engineering branch is the last thing that would matter here. The work in S/w company is quite mundane and does not involve too much programming skills. If you have good talking skills and project yourself well to your managers, you would grow.

And Infy has offices in Mohali, Pune and Bhubaneshwar.

There is not much of a ladder is S/W industry as such. For most life is quite typical. One or two years in a company.Then a chance to go onsite and see some money.
so how much ca one earn if he/she goes onsite for say, 3 months...i have ABSOLUTELY no idea...please tell me approx. figure

And your engineering branch is the last thing that would matter here. The work in S/w company is quite mundane and does not involve too much programming skills.

ow! is that really true...i mean, i always thought thatb S/W ind. is all abt sitting in front of a PC n programming!!!!

If you have good talking skills and project yourself well to your managers, you would grow.

there again, does talkin skills really matter in a S/W company. n why on earth would u require talking skills!!! really confused....

and after, say, 4 years, what's the salary pckg i can expect(max) in this S/W industry...
above all, HOW can my experience in an IT ind help me in my MBA from the interview point of view( how do i convince the panel)

HI!
Hey i too had got an offer letter from infy on feb 5th but have'nt got a joining date still..if u r from Compsci then no probs u'll get the joining very very soon but incase u r not then u have a long wait ahead buddy!!
all the best
Catalyst

subudutta Says
wow! is that really true...i mean, i always thought thatb S/W ind. is all abt sitting in front of a PC n programming!!!!

hmm, so you thought Windows XP was written in India? nops, but the typing of all the HELP doc was done in India :-)

you donot do much programmin. If you are in Mainfrmae stuff, whereever you work its goning to dig into some code written in 1970 and wondering half the time "how could ppl write such hopeless code?" and you would need to add one or two lines into that code. Yes not more than 20 lines!

If you are in any of those open system projects, Java, .NET hald time is documetnation stuff or changing and test some crap stuff :-)

But few projects have something good.

Remember sofwtare industry is not about creating new things. Its all about client giving you work. work that their IT team is NOT interested in doing.

But you get money $$$$ and of course work exp and a life called "White collar job".

there again, does talkin skills really matter in a S/W company. n why on earth would u require talking skills!!! really confused....

Yes talking does matter. when you code only 20 lines in a year, you would need to talk the rest of the time. Relation with your boss is very important 😃 thats important everywhere though, and software industry is no exception.
There is not much of a ladder is S/W industry as such. For most life is quite typical. One or two years in a company.Then a chance to go onsite and see some money.
so how much ca one earn if he/she goes onsite for say, 3 months...i have ABSOLUTELY no idea...please tell me approx. figure

When you go onsite, you can earn upto 1 lakh a month if you are a software engineer and more if you are an analyst or manager. Infy is one of the best pay masters onsite. Other companies may pay less and companies like IBM, Accenture, Sapient may have no onsite.

And your engineering branch is the last thing that would matter here. The work in S/w company is quite mundane and does not involve too much programming skills.

ow! is that really true...i mean, i always thought thatb S/W ind. is all abt sitting in front of a PC n programming!!!!

You are partly right - about siiting in front of the PC. But you don't program much as Xpediter has clarified.

If you have good talking skills and project yourself well to your managers, you would grow.

Xpediter has already explained this. Let me add. See the work is basically mundane work which almost anybody can do. And your managers have no idea about what work you have done. No one is going to be looking into your code or bug fix. So your appraisals depend upon how well you project yourself and your contribution to the company. So its all about talking.

and after, say, 4 years, what's the salary pckg i can expect(max) in this S/W industry...

If you are an analyst after 4 years you can expect an ofshore pay of 45 K per month. But offshore pay is hardly anything. It is what you earn onsite thats a neat package.

above all, HOW can my experience in an IT ind help me in my MBA from the interview point of view( how do i convince the panel)

Most of the projects will be related to some buisness, retail or financial service or insurance etc. So you can showcase your understanding of the buisness domain. Usually your actual work will not require you to learn the buiness domain. You musttake the onus to learn the domain so that you can use it for your PI in MBa admission

Also sometime you may have managerial responsibilties after 3-4 years. Then you can show how you have managed.

Hi friends,
I am also waiting for the final letter (hard copy) from
infosys containing my date and place of joining.I appeared in the
infosys exam on 18th jan 2004 at delhi and received an email later that i'll
get my joining details in 3 months time. But i haven't got the letter
as till now.I am from non IT background and i m a mechanical engineer.

By the way Manpreet , could u help me out too in getting my place n date of
joining or atleast place cause rite now I can't even appear for other exams
cause i don't know which place to fill for exam centre (since i don't know
where i'll be in 3-4 months from now)

Manit

Hey!!!!!

I've Got my offer mail on May 4th,,,and I'm now eager ly waiting 4 my joining letter
Kindly join this Yahoo group...... 2b in touch
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/infosys_manav/

Bye
Hungama

Hi friends,
I am also waiting for the final letter (hard copy) from
infosys containing my date and place of joining.I appeared in the
infosys exam on 18th jan 2004 at delhi and received an email later that i'll
get my joining details in 3 months time. But i haven't got the letter
as till now.I am from non IT background and i m a mechanical engineer.

By the way Manpreet , could u help me out too in getting my place n date of
joining or atleast place cause rite now I can't even appear for other exams
cause i don't know which place to fill for exam centre (since i don't know
where i'll be in 3-4 months from now)

Manit

Manit, give me your reference/roll number.. DOB.. and full name... i will check up with the HR here...

BTW, don't worry.. you will get a final call soon.. there's plenty of recruitment going in the industry these days... so chill out.. and enjoy..

well, i understand that subudutta topic has been LOCKED, n with good reasons too..... but, what he raised in the latest thread is very interesting, n even i'd like to know about that....so here goes...
"well guys.i wanna ask u guys workin in infy (or having any infy abt infy job) an important questionI have got a job in infy(altough the DOJ n location hasnt been given yet. my infy exam was on the 18th of april)..now, I m NOT from com. science engng, and I have no idea about programming languages (except BASIC, which I leant at school)I just know how to operate windows, work with MS word and the likes, and use the internet with easenow, should I prepare something in advance before getting to the jobIF SO, WHAT???? and I dont know anything, will it be TOO MUCH for me to carry the burden at infyIve heard they hold regular testsif I dont know anything, is there any chance of me flunking the test, even after getting the training
in short, DO I NEED TO PREPARE IN ADVANCE FOR INFY JOB, AND IF I DO, WHAT LANGUAGES ETC SHOULD I PREPARE FOR??? should I take some coaching classes in these languages.thank u guys "
EVEN I'D LIKE TO KNOW ABOUT THIS.... coz i'm in the same position...so what dya say, mates.... help ME