IMT Ghaziabad 2013-2015 Admission Notification & Related Discussion

Hi All,Institute of Management Technology application forms for the batch 2013-2015 are out Application form link :http://sis.imtcdl.ac.in/ia/Default.aspx FAQs link: http://imt.edu/Admissions/FAQ.aspx IMT has a common admis…

Hi All,
Institute of Management Technology application forms for the batch 2013-2015 are out

Application form link :http://sis.imtcdl.ac.in/ia/Default.aspx

FAQs link: http://imt.edu/Admissions/FAQ.aspx

IMT has a common admissions 'Application Form' and process for its four campuses – Ghaziabad, Nagpur, Hyderabad and Dubai.
For the academic year starting 2013, IMT has opened admissions for the following AICTE approved programmes across the four campuses:

IMT Ghaziabad:
• PGDM F/T (Marketing)
• PGDM (Finance)
• PGDM (Information Technology - IT)
• PGDM (Human Resources - HR)
• PGDM (International Business - IB)
• PGDM (Dual Country Programme - DCP)
• PGDM (Executive)
IMT Nagpur
• PGDM (Full-Time)
• PGDM (Finance)
• PGDM (Marketing)
IMT Hyderabad
• PGDM (Full-Time)
• PGDM (Finance)
• PGDM (Marketing)
IMT Dubai (Accredited by UAE Ministry of Higher Education & Scientific Research & Member EFMD (Europe) & IACBE (USA))
• MBA
• BSBA

Please use this link for all the discussion related to IMT Ghaziabad..
All the Best to the Aspirants!!!

Hi,

Nice to see the notification for IMT's admissions.

I have a few questions :

1)What was the last year cut-off for CAT and XAT?
2)Was it different for different specializations?Please clarify.
3)What was the freshers to work-ex ratio in the last batch?
4)How was the placement scenario?

Thanks in advance

In general what is the profile offered for a fresher student in finance domain? And what is the minimum package offered for fresher finance profile by any company in IMT G?

WHat percentage of studnts were placed in the batch of 10-12? and how many were unplaced?

I think I should better take my questions back.....I cant picture if the questions were to be left unanswered,why was this thread created in the first place?

@maniDcrazyboy said:
Hi,
Nice to see the notification for IMT's admissions.
I have a few questions :
1)What was the last year cut-off for CAT and XAT?
2)Was it different for different specializations?Please clarify.
3)What was the freshers to work-ex ratio in the last batch?
4)How was the placement scenario?
Thanks in advance
Hi,
Sorry for the delay..

1.) Cut-offs for getting a GD/PI call was 90%ile for both CAT and XAT.
2.) For specializations, a separate rank list consisting of cumulative scores from CAT/XAT, GD and PI is formed. Based on your preference and your ranking, the specialization is allotted.
3.),4.) http://www.imt.edu/Placements/Placements.aspx Please refer this link for the placement details and the batch profile of 2010-2012 and 2011-2013 batches. However in the 2012-2014 batch, there is a higher work ex to fresher ratio.

Regards
@Samb89 said:
In general what is the profile offered for a fresher student in finance domain? And what is the minimum package offered for fresher finance profile by any company in IMT G?
Please refer to http://www.imt.edu/Placements/Placements.aspx for the details. WorkEx/Freshers preference depends on the company's current requirements.
@tarun1110 said:

Is there any complusion that we need to apply to all campuses?

I want to apply to IMT-G only and I do not want calls from other campuses.

Last there there was a lot of confusion as I got a call for IMT-N/H through CAT, even though I had better percentile in XAT.

Is there any way to apply to IMT-G only?

Admission process is common for all the campuses.
Cut-offs for getting a GD/PI call was 90%ile for both CAT and XAT for Ghaziabad last year.
If you clear the CAT/XAT cut-offs for Ghaziabad, u will receive a call.
If shortlisted, u can mention ur campus preference in the profile sheet that u need to submit at the time of GD/PI.
In that sheet, you can choose not to mention your preferences for IMT-N/IMT-H.
@nikhilj said:
WHat percentage of studnts were placed in the batch of 10-12? and how many were unplaced?
Please refer the placement report present here...

What is the criteria for getting a call through GMAT? Is there a cut off or is it profile based?

@soveet said:
What is the criteria for getting a call through GMAT? Is there a cut off or is it profile based?
650 was the cut off for last year. Profile as well as GD/PI performance will be taken into consideration while preparing the final rank list...
@SLNarasimhan Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the least GMAT and CAT score that made it to the final list?

What is the weightage of CAT/XAT score in final conversion. thnx.

@SLNarasimhan Can you please tell me whether should i fill up the form or not as my acads are pretty weak. How much are the acads considered ?
10th-74
12th-55
BE-59 (Mumbai)
And just in case is their any normalization from graduation % ?
What is criteria for getting a final call from IMT-G ?

Regards

how is ops at IMT? average salary for Ops?

IMT Gzb seniors are the most lazy one's. Sorry to be so rude..

Accordingly, your preferences are allotted.
@soveet said:
@SLNarasimhan Thanks for the info. Can you tell me the least GMAT and CAT score that made it to the final list?
@poker2 said:
What is the weightage of CAT/XAT score in final conversion. thnx.
@salilgupta88 said:
@SLNarasimhan Can you please tell me whether should i fill up the form or not as my acads are pretty weak. How much are the acads considered ?
10th-74
12th-55
BE-59 (Mumbai)
And just in case is their any normalization from graduation % ?
What is criteria for getting a final call from IMT-G ?
Regards
@Fuhgetaboutit said:
What is the average CTC offered for the batch of 2012?
@nikhilj said:
how is ops at IMT? average salary for Ops?
@nikhilj said:
IMT Gzb seniors are the most lazy one's. Sorry to be so rude..
1. The management has only revealed the initial cut off for getting a call for gd/pi for IMT Ghaziabad and that was 90 percentile for CAT/XAT and 650 for GMAT. Further the percentile of final converters is not known explicitly.

2. The weightage given to CAT/XAT score is not revealed but generally it will be given equal weighatge as to your performance at gdpi. Some factors that will influence the preparation of the final rank list (not in any particular order or preference) are
a.) GD/PI
b.) Profile
c.) CAT /XAT/GMAT Score
d.) Acads/Work Ex

3. Not filling the form due to your bad acads won창€™t be a right choice because you want to get into a good b-school. To get a final call, a rank list on the basis of your cumulative score based on the above parameters.Accordingly, your preferences are allotted. Questions on your academic record, however, might be asked in the interviews.

4. For average CTC please refer to the placement portal link provided in above posts.

5. Ops is not offered as a major specialization at IMT but you can definitely take it as your minor. Average salary for marketing/ops profile would also be near the avg salary for the whole batch.

We are sorry for the delay in replies and we understand your anxiety, but please try to understand that we have a quadmester program and the schedule @ IMT is pretty hectic

Regards,
Lakshmi Narasimhan S.

Just to provide more clarity on the previous post,

"To get a final call, a rank list is prepared on the basis of your cumulative score based on the above parameters."
If you are shortlisted for GD/PI, you will be asked to fill up a data/profile sheet and bring it with you at the time of GD/PI. Thus a cumulative score for the above mentioned parameters will used for the preparation of the rank list and based on your rank, your specialization according to your order of preference will be allotted.

Hi Admissions team,

I will be having 5 years of experience by 2013 oct .can I apply for PGDM executive at IMT this year??