IMT Ghaziabad 2013-2015 Admission Notification & Related Discussion

@hitman25 said:

Hi Admissions team,

I will be having 5 years of experience by 2013 oct .can I apply for PGDM executive at IMT this year??
The minimum eligibility of the PGDM Executive program is 5 years experience. Since you will complete the 5 years only by 2013 October, you cant apply for the 2013 executive program.
"Minimum 5 years of work experience after graduation at Executive / Managerial level as on 30 June 2013 is required. " This is given at IMT's PGDM Executive Admissions Link.
Respected Sir,
My profile is as follows
10th 89%
12th 88.8%
B.Tech 65% Until now, chances of improvement upto 68% by the time my course ends
I have been scoring consistently around 81-89 Marks until now in the AIMCATS
5 more AIMCATS to go
I hope to improve the score above 100 by 24th october. :)
I am positive I will be getting a decent score in CMAT 2012. I will update the score with you on 17th October 2012.
Considering all this should I even think of applying here?
@duaji said:
Respected Sir,
My profile is as follows
10th 89%
12th 88.8%
B.Tech 65% Until now, chances of improvement upto 68% by the time my course ends
I have been scoring consistently around 81-89 Marks until now in the AIMCATS
5 more AIMCATS to go
I hope to improve the score above 100 by 24th october.
I am positive I will be getting a decent score in CMAT 2012. I will update the score with you on 17th October 2012.
Considering all this should I even think of applying here?
IMT Ghaziabad does not take CMAT Scores. Only CAT,XAT and GMAT scores are accepted.
However your acads are pretty good. So if you have decent extra curriculars, please apply through CAT/XAT..

Dear @SLNarasimhan ,

I'm a Sindhi, and my native state is 'Sind', which is in Pakistan currently. I'm an Indian, and currently reside in Bangalore, Karnataka. Can you please suggest what state can I choose in this situation. I wasn't able to find an 'others' option while choosing the sate. I was born and brought up in Bangalore, can I thereby choose Karnataka ?

Also, I have passed out from a college of Engineering which offers CGPA. Can I directly convert my score on a scale of 10 to that out of 100 ?. The college that I passed out from doesn't provide any CGPA to Percentage conversion mechanism.

Looking forward to your response.

Any facebook group guys for IMT admission queries?

@Boddhisattva said:
Dear
@SLNarasimhan ,
I'm a Sindhi, and my native state is 'Sind', which is in Pakistan currently. I'm an Indian, and currently reside in Bangalore, Karnataka. Can you please suggest what state can I choose in this situation. I wasn't able to find an 'others' option while choosing the sate. I was born and brought up in Bangalore, can I thereby choose Karnataka ?
Also, I have passed out from a college of Engineering which offers CGPA. Can I directly convert my score on a scale of 10 to that out of 100 ?. The college that I passed out from doesn't provide any CGPA to Percentage conversion mechanism.
Hi.
As long as you are an Indian citizen, you are eligible for applying to IMT Ghaziabad. In your case, you can mention your native state as Karnataka.
Preferably, you will need a letter from your college or university stating the conversion mechanism used. Try and get the same.

@nikhilj said:
Any facebook group guys for IMT admission queries?
Not yet. :)
@lohitgupta said:
Not yet.
Buddy, make one and post the link here.. !!
@SLNarasimhan
Sir my profile says:
X - 73.5
XII - 83
B.Tech - 6.1

2 years of experience in IT

what are my chances ??
@lohitgupta Thank you for the clarification on the state I can choose. Please note, as mentioned in my previous comment , the college I passed out from doesn't provide any conversion mechanism.. Thus, I wanted to know if I can be allowed to directly convert my CGPA which is on a scale of 10, to an equivalent percentage out of 100.. .

@Boddhisattva Is your college a deemed university or is it affiliated to any university? If its the latter, please talk to the concerned authorities for the conversion mechanism... I believe you will be requiring this conversion at many places, so even if your college is an autonomous institution, please speak to the higher authorities and try to manage it...
@HenceProved As I have re-iterated in a few of the previous posts, acads are one of the several factors which the admissions department looks into while shortlisting for final admissions.
Some factors that will influence the preparation of the final rank list (not in any particular order or preference) are
a.) GD/PI
b.) Profile
c.) CAT /XAT/GMAT Score
d.) Acads/Work Ex

@SLNarasimhan I passed out from a deemed university. On a general note, I completely understand your point, that I would require a conversion formula. But in my case, I already have a letter from the college in which they mention that don't have any such formula. When I filled in my CAT application, I was allowed to convert my CGPA(which is graded on a scale of 10) to Percentage by using a multiplication factor of 10. That's basically how I' have applied to all my MBA exams. Hope IMT can allow that too.

Please let me know. Thank you.
@Boddhisattva : You can convert the CGPA to Percentage by using a multiplication factor of 10. So please go ahead and fill the form.
All the best!!
@hgupta88 Thank you for clarifying this and many thanks for your wishes :)

Hi..

what is the last date to apply??

Thanks
@saurav205 The last date to fill the online application form is 10 Dec 2012. Here is the link of admissions advertisement for your future reference.
http://sis.imtcdl.ac.in/ia/downloads/AdmissionNotice2013.pdf
@hgupta88
Thanks..

i have a few more queries..

Do we need to apply separately if we are applying through both the cat as well the xat score..

What was the cut off last year?(I know that there was a common gd/pi for all the campuses..but since your cat/xat score had were given 40% weightage they def decided your overall score)...

Hence wanted to get a rough idea of the median cat/xat score of the students who made it to IMT-G.

Also were the cut off same for cat/xat scores??

Thanks..
@saurav205

You dont need to apply separately for both CAT and XAT.
CAT scores are automatically provided to IMT. For XAT, CMAT and GMAT you will be able to submit your scores online at a later date.
For cutoffs/weightages please refer to earlier posts.
Cut-offs for getting a GD/PI call was 90%ile for both CAT and XAT for Ghaziabad last year.
@SLNarasimhan said:
@saurav205You dont need to apply separately for both CAT and XAT. CAT scores are automatically provided to IMT. For XAT, CMAT and GMAT you will be able to submit your scores online at a later date. For cutoffs/weightages please refer to earlier posts. Cut-offs for getting a GD/PI call was 90%ile for both CAT and XAT for Ghaziabad last year.

CMAT is NOT CONSIDERED by IMT G. It is considered by IMT-N and IMT-H though. Just wanted to clarify my earlier post...