Improve GD/PI Convert Chances

IMPROVE GD/PI Convert Chances!

Coming Sunday and after that, many students would be pinning their hopes with a very limited opportunities they would be getting at premier B-schools' entrance process. 

Those few who were not able to preprare well for the entrance or still need some second opinion can mail be their queries regarding GD/PI. If someone needs some re-work on their Interview answers I can help them.

Brief about me - I am a post graduate from IMT Ghaziabad 2009 HR Batch with more than 8 years of industry and multipreneurship experience in various field including Recruitment. I feel that many students lack the skill of presenting themselves in an interview. I am not a master at the said art but still can help those who need the necessary support or second opinion. I can help in preparing their SOPs and specific interview questions. Mail me your queries, as & when time permits I will try to resolve them.

IMPROVE GD/PI Convert Chances!

VISIT GROUP - https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/improve-gd-pi-convert-chances-4512558247575552

Coming Sunday and after that, many students would be pinning their hopes with a very limited opportunities they would be getting at premier B-schools' entrance process. 

Those few who were not able to preprare well for the entrance or still need some second opinion can mail be their queries regarding GD/PI. If someone needs some re-work on their Interview answers I can help them.

Brief about me - I am a post graduate from IMT Ghaziabad 2009 HR Batch with more than 8 years of industry and multipreneurship experience in various field including Recruitment. I feel that many students lack the skill of presenting themselves in an interview. I am not a master at the said art but still can help those who need the necessary support or second opinion. I can help in preparing their SOPs and specific interview questions. Mail me your queries, as & when time permits I will try to resolve them.

Tips - Most of the interviewers are professors of colleges. 

Never lie in an interview until you are smart enough to justify Or acquire the skill of guiding interviews.

GD is a check of communication, subject knowledge, communication, confidence, communication. So its 60% communication skills and 40% other things until unless you come with a GD turning point.

SOP - 33% what's good about college, 33% what's good about you, 33% is how you match the two.

Dear Members,

I have taken up this cause to help and not to spoon feed. Do not expect ready answers from me. I will only help those who need genuine help.

A beautiful article for how employment can be generated in India. Refer Today's SWAMINOMICS,

page 14, Times of India.

Really a must read for all.

I am a software engineer with 3 years of work experience.I have applied for both BM and HR of XIMB,but I got shortlisted only for HR. Please help me how should I prepare myself for the question ,why HR and why have you applied for both the programes if you are interested in HR.

Please guide me

PI rule - No one answer is right to a particular question. i may suggest you an answer which may not suit your cause. Hence I request all the ppl to frame your answers and then seek help from anybody for improvements. 

My latest blog on Linkedin

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/recruitment-industry-rat-race-bhanu-binjrajka?published=t

CAT

If you guys have time go through the article to build an understanding 'how to go about building an Online business'

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/175242

has anyone gone through the GDPI of Delhi Scool of Management...please share your experiences..its urgent

MBA lesson from Yuyraj!

9.25 crores worth each year!

Not yuvraj 'the comeback man' of Indian cricket but a 'Vikki Donor' Buffalo has helped in artificial insemination of several milch buffaloes...... (TOI, Front Page, 27 Feb).

an astonishing read......

Guys it will help to continue the spark in the group if you all post something to help your fellow anxious users. 

Few most frequently asked questions during MBA PI

http://www.mba.com/india/plan-for-business-school/apply-to-school/interviews/seven-commonly-asked-business-school-interview-questions.aspx

There are three primary ways to monetize (that is, generate revenue from) a website:

Ecommerce . Receive profits from direct sales of products or services.

Affiliate marketing. Receive referral fees from merchants when a product or service you linked to results in a sale as a result of your link.

Advertising. Receive ad revenue for displaying advertising on your website, blog, or e-mail newsletter.

10 TIPS TO SUCCEED IN GD

1.) Read voraciously

Make a habit of reading voraciously on every subject. This will keep you ready for any topic for a discussion in GD Your knowledge is your most important weapon in a discussion. 

2.) Initiate the discussion

Most of us have a misconception that initiating the discussion would give you an advantage over others. It does give you an advantage but only if you know the subject well and have something relevant to start the discussion otherwise it is a disadvantage. 

For e.g. When a group was given a subject “Is Capital punishment right?” some members of the group heard the word punishment and jumped at starting the discussion with out understanding the meaning of Capital Punishment. The evaluators kept hearing for 2 minutes after which they intervened and asked the group if they knew the meaning of Capital Punishment. Not to say, the members who initiated were quite looking at each other’s faces. That is when a quite member of the group got up and explained the meaning of the topic. From this incidence, you can easily tell who must have succeeded in the GD, the ones who initiated the discussion or the one who explained the topic and gave it a right direction. 

They say, “Speaking just for the sake of speaking is noise”. So, don’t create noise in the GD rather make some useful and resourceful contributions to get noticed in the discussion. 

3.) Speak politely and pleasantly

As you speak make sure that you do not speak at the top of your voice. You should be audible and clear. Remember that you are participating in a discussion which is different from a speech given out by the leaders in their rallies. Even if you disagree with the other’s point of view, disagree politely. Use phrases like, I would like to disagree a bit here, I am sorry but I think I have a slightly different point of view here. 

4.) Be précised

Abstain from using irrelevant information and data from your talks during a GD Speak precisely so that others also get a chance to put across their point of view. 

5.) Acquire and apply knowledge

Stay attentive to the ideas put forward by other group members and keep writing the important points discussed during the GD As you get a chance to speak, put forward your views about the topic. You can also agree or disagree with other’s ideas, based on your knowledge about the subject. 

6.) Agree with the right

Don’t take a stand on either extreme when the discussion begins. It might happen that you get convinced by other’s argument and want to change your stand. Respect other’s opinion as well and agree with what is right, even if you initially had a different opinion. 

7.) Speak confidently

Maintain your confidence as you speak. Establish eye contact with other members of the group and do not let your voice tremble. 

8.) Moderate

Try to moderate the discussion if any arguments arise. This is necessary to ensure that the group doesn’t wander from the goal of the GD 

9.) Use positive body language

Your body language should not demonstrate dominance or low self confidence. Show your interest in the discussion through your gestures like bending forward a bit, nodding your head. 

10.) Be a team player

Last but not the least, be a team player as this is a group activity. Be comfortable with the group members and vice versa.  

SNAPDEAL Crisis!

Those of you who might blurt out something related to e-commerce in you PI could be asked about

SNAPDEAL Crisis!

FLIPKART vs AMAZON

Replies to some nagging but necessary PI questions

1. Where do you see yourself in five years? (short term career goals)

The classic “Where do you see yourself in five years?” question is important because an MBA is a professional degree and schools want to know whether they are letting someone in who is going to be a good alumni and a good ambassador of the university’s brand. They want someone with focus whose short-term career goals are benefitted by pursuing an MBA.

Well you might be thinking, “That is fine and good...but how do I actually fill in that blank?” Many applicants have a general idea about what they would like to do right after school but their general idea is very...well...general. I know I fell into this camp when I first began planning out my applications.

My advice is to take that general idea and do some research on Google and use LinkedIn to refine your short term career goals. If you still need to confirm your goal is the right fit (and, of course to get more details so that you can write and speak intelligently on the subject), you can do informational interviews, talking to people who are doing something similar to what you want to do.

2. How has your current experience and education equipped you for an MBA?

It might seem clear to you why you want an MBA and how your path has brought you to the point where you are ready to pursue it, but you will need to spell that out in your essays for the adcom. If you can’t articulate what you have done that will make you successful in the future the adcom might not ‘get’ how awesome you are. So, do you a favor, take some time to think it through, write it down and parse it out.

3. Why MBA?

When answering the ‘Why MBA?’ question it is important to be SPECIFIC about THE SCHOOL. So for instance, of course all MBAs teach finance, marketing and strategy, but your dream school probably has a specific professor who teaches X class that you know will just blow your socks off. Write that down and also write down how it will equip you to get to your short-term goal (covered in question 1). Perhaps there is also a club that will help you get your foot in the door with Company Y. Write that down too...and do your research!

4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (long-term career goals)

This question is otherwise known as your long-term career goals. You have to spell out for the adcom how your short-term career goals will be the building block for your long-term career goals. Also ask: Is it realistic? Is it a fairly common career path?

These are questions that the adcom will ask themselves. Remember to be specific, do some research on LinkedIn and career websites. If you start at your short-term career goals, where will you be in 7-10 years? One way to screw this up is to not be genuine or to try and impress the adcom with a big title. Another way is to have it not align your long-term career goals with your short-term career goal at all. “Your short-term goal is to be a brand manager at a consumer goods company but your long-term goal is to be VP of technology at an internet company? Interesting...”

PI - 6 way she to shine.

1.) Dress to impress.

While the person interviewing you may be wearing a lab coat and scrubs, you’ll want to wear professional clothes to show that you’re serious about the job. A dark blue, black, or gray suit and a light-colored shirt are always a safe bet for men, along with dark, well-polished dress shoes. Women should wear a dark knee-length (or longer) skirt, dressy blouse, dark nylons and polished heels. A tailored, dark-colored business suit, blouse and heels are also appropriate. Iron or steam your outfit that morning, and make sure your clothes are free of hair and lint. It’s also a good idea to bring a lint brush with you and do a final check in the bathroom before going to your interview.

2.) Do your homework About the Institue you are appearing 

- mission n vision

- Where alumni and Faculty have/are working thru Linkedin

- curriculum 

- your senior batch profiles

- etc

- etc

- last but not the least, placement details 

3.) Be as friendly and relaxed as possible. Even if you’re nervous, make sure that your body language indicates you are confident and well prepared. Sit up straight with your hands in a comfortable position, smile, maintain eye contact and modulate your voice. Maintain a positive attitude throughout the interview, especially while answering questions. This shows that you’re interested in what the interviewer has to say, and it can also help you calm your nerves and feel sure of yourself.

4.) Turn your strengths into skill statements. 

Think about how you can use your skills and education to suit the institute and come up with specific examples you can mention in the interview. For example: In addition to my clinical qualifications, I am certified in CPR techniques and can conduct staff training programs and community education classes. These skill statements can also help you answer questions about why you should be hired or what makes you fit for our institute.

5.) Know your weaknesses, and be ready to turn them into strengths. Many interviewers will ask you about your flaws to see how you’respond under pressure and find out how you’ve reacted to negative situations in the past. If you’re asked to talk about your greatest weakness, be positive and show that you’ve learned (or are learning) to overcome it. You might talk about how you get disorganized on busy days and mention that making lists help you stay focused and meet deadlines. Doing this demonstrates that you learn from mistakes and are aware of your shortcomings.

6.) Have questions for the interviewer in mind. Once you’ve answered every question, the interviewer will usually ask if you have any questions. Use this opportunity to prove you’ve done some research and are familiar with the facility. Remind the interviewer that you’d be a great fit simply by asking thoughtful questions that show you’re genuinely interested in a seat.

Feedback requested!

could you guys please let me know if my posts are helping or not?

If there is something specific you guys are looking at, feel free to post.