Improve GD/PI Convert Chances

35 Posts  ·  310 Users
About this group

IMPROVE GD/PI Convert Chances!

Coming Sunday and after that, many students would be pinning their hopes with a very limited opportunities they would be getting at premier B-schools' entrance process. 

Those few who were not able to preprare well for the entrance or still need some second opinion can mail be their queries regarding GD/PI. If someone needs some re-work on their Interview answers I can help them.

Brief about me - I am a post graduate from IMT Ghaziabad 2009 HR Batch with more than 8 years of industry and multipreneurship experience in various field including Recruitment. I feel that many students lack the skill of presenting themselves in an interview. I am not a master at the said art but still can help those who need the necessary support or second opinion. I can help in preparing their SOPs and specific interview questions. Mail me your queries, as & when time permits I will try to resolve them.

Page 1 of 4

Hi folks,

I need urgent help of software programmers who can develop a tool which can read word document files (100 or more) and find a common pattern in the documents.

References are also invited.

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/improve-gd-pi-convert-chances-4512558247575552
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hello sir,

A very basic question. Are the topics are GD and WAT in IIM Kozhikode same or different? 

It is like IIT Madras where we were asked to answer the questions mentioned in the sheet on the basis of the discussion.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Starting your SOPs - 

(Though these are not the only ways to start your SOPs)

1.) Stating what you are doing now and what you are applying for is a simple, direct way of starting an SOP. 

After two years of experience in the professional world I feel the time is ripe to pursue a professional business understanding and management course..........

2.) It is good to explain how you became interested in your subject. However, don't go too far back! Notice that a specific example helps create interest. 

Since I started understanding business I used to have business related discussions with my father and friends and wonder how building a business is a step to step progress and effort and requires a more professional approach and imbibed in me the desire to take up a professional course in business management..................

3.) Link with your experience and the gaps this course will fill.

While growing up, I have seen and read about many business failures and has always wondered the reasons leading to their downfalls so learnings could be drawn to avoid them. After much delilberations and research i learned that a well researched course of Business Management from a reputed institute, though would not gurantee a total failure free formula but can pave ways to eliminate most and manage them with more efficiency and ease................

https://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/improve-gd-pi-convert-chances-4512558247575552
2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Things to do 15 minutes before GD/PI process - 

Half the battle is lost is you arrive late for a GD/PI process. The entire journey to the centre you will be stressed and thats worst thing to happen. 

Compile all the musthaves a day before or you tend to forget at the last moment. Try reaching the venue 15-20 minutes before time and do these last minutes checklist. It should definitely help - 

1.) Stay Calm. Do not engage in any activity which will increase your stress. Do not read any mails, social media updates, etc which can swing your mood. Never forget to BREATHE! It really works. If feeling stressed, try to count your breathe from 1-10, redo. 

2.) Always arrive 15-20 minutes before the process. It not only keeps you calm but the jouney time is also used productively rather than worrying on missing or arriving late.

3.) Be friendly to any and everyone.

4.) Decide on 1-2 things you would want to be remembered for. Your USP

5.) Stop Rehearsing or touch new topics.

6.) SIt in a power posture and feel confident. You can try that in someplace private. It does help to feel powerful before the Interview especially. Look into a mirror. Use toilet before Interview. Wash your hands if they are sweaty. Pop a mouth freshner and finish it before the interview starts.

7.) Briefly review your notes if you have any.

8.) Have Happy Thoughts and try to forget all distractions.

Let bygones be bygones. If you feel confident during the GD/PI you will perform better. You will have less Brain Fades and be more reactive and smart. Happy Interviewin

8 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

@Mentor_banu can you explain how should the thought process be.. Or how to take on gd.. Where at the end we have to write summary of the gd.. What should be the content??

1 like10 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 10
Bharani273
@Bharani273  ·  15 karma

Yeah..but i really wish i am not in corner..I am sure this will be helpful..Thank u so much for the help..

Like  ·  Reply  ·  1 like  ·  
Mentor_Bhanu
@Mentor_Bhanu  ·  218 karma

For your sake  - I wish the same

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

if someone wants help with his SOP send me the initial draft, i will respond with inputs.

1 like6 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 6
Mentor_Bhanu

I have mentioned in my recent post few of the many ways to start SOPs

Mentor_Bhanu

@Mini.sharma7 - Initial draft means that you put all your thoughts to the best of your efforts and arrange that it seems coherent with proof reading done at your end to remove many errors which was missed while the focus was on jotting down and synchronising thoughts

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

For help on GD, also use LinkedIn. There are many useful blogs. If anyone is interested in my blogs you can find me under BHANU BINJRAJKA. 

www(dot)linkedin(dot)com/in/bhanu-binjrajka-60307113/

Those of you who do not know, LINKEDIN is Pagalguy of professionals but much reformed, bigger brand and finds its use in various  many fields.

1 like
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? (A guide)

Keep the job in mind (MBA course)

Be Specifically generic.

Be Enthusiastic

Be Realist.

Don't make up a position.

Make your answer 2 part-ed.

(The first part of your answer should focus on the immediate position you are applying for and how you are excited by that opportunity. 

The second part of your answer deals with your future plans and expectations. By making it a 2 part answer, you’re reaffirming your desire for the job while at the same time answering the long term component in a logical and responsible way.)

So finally example of how do you asnwer this question - 

Since my shortlisting, I am very excited to pursue a course from this college (you should be ready about WHY SHOULD WE PICK YOU? WHY THIS COLLEGE?). In the first 2 years I would like to engage myself in educating and learning as much as I can from this institute.

from year 3-5 i see myself working with a firm where all my past experiences and knowledge is put to test while I also train for years to come. Nothing better than on the job training. Ideally i would like to start as an individual contirbutor and slowly groom myself into a supervisory role as for being a good leader you should learn how to be a good follower.

Hope this will help!

6 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

An Example of overhyping the Numbers - 

AS per the recent survey conducted on Pagalguy there are 78.95% of the respondents  who took the survey feels that I have either "helped" or "helped a Lot". Kindly share with your freinds to take advantage.

By not including that out of 279 Users only 19 ppl have responded to the survey, I have made a very strong case for myself. 

Hence beware of the research results becaus hiding few facts, ppl tend to use it to best suit their purpose.

2 likes
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

How to Answer “What’s Your Greatest Weakness?”

A good weakness answer has two important parts:

Part 1) Your weakness -

Briefly describe a real weakness that wouldn’t be a major handicap on the job (R

Part 2) How you are already working on it is the critical component. Discuss your proactive efforts to improve. This shows that you are self-aware, have a drive to be your best, and that the weakness will not slow you down.

How to Choose a “Good” Weakness - 

Be authentic. 

Don’t select a weakness just because it sounds good. You will make a better impression with sincerity. That doesn’t mean you have to share a weakness that makes you look bad. If you’re like most of us, you have several weaknesses and at least one of them will be interview-friendly as defined by the additional guidelines below.

Pick a weakness that is acceptable for the job at hand.

Be aware of the job requirements and don’t cite a weakness related to any of the required skills or desired qualities. If you’re an accountant, don’t talk about hating math or lack of attention to detail. If you’re in sales, don’t confess to being too reserved or lacking persistence.

Select a weakness that is relatively minor and “fixable.” 

By fixable, I mean it’s something you can improve through work and motivation.

For example:

Fixable: “I get nervous when speaking in front of large groups.” 

(You can get better through practice and learning new skills — and this is a common development area.)

Harder to fix: “I am very shy and often have trouble speaking up in meetings.” 

(While there’s nothing wrong with being shy, an interviewer could assume that the candidate would have trouble collaborating in a team environment. This is a preference or personality quality that would be more difficult to change.)

Describe your weakness in a concise, neutral way. 

Don’t feel like you have to go into great detail. Be brief and, most importantly, avoid sounding defensive or overly negative.

How to Demonstrate That You Are Working on Your Weakness

In the second part of your answer, you need to describe how you have already taken steps to improve in your area of weakness. Here’s why:

1) A great candidate is always looking for ways to learn and grow

2) A fabulous candidate then takes the initiative to improve

Use your answer to demonstrate your motivation to be the best at what you do. This is how to truly emphasize the positive when talking about your weakness.

(Finally what you have been waiting for)

Examples of Strong Answers to “What Is Your Greatest Weakness?”

Example 1: Delegation

“I think one area I could work on is my delegation skills. I am always so concerned about everything being done right and on time that I can get stuck in that mentality of “If you want it done right, do it yourself.” Unfortunately, that’s not always possible and I’ve realized that I can slow things down if I am too controlling.

I learned this recently when given the opportunity to manage the department’s summer interns. I had never managed direct reports before, so this was a hugely educational experience in many different ways. It definitely taught me how to delegate and my manager noticed the difference in my management style at the end of the summer. I know that I can benefit from additional development in this area, so I signed up for a management skills training course and am always looking for opportunities to manage projects for our group.” 

Why It Works: This is a great example for a junior-level employee in a role in which delegation abilities are not critical. Please note that the last sentence in the first paragraph is important because it acknowledges how the weakness can be a problem and why it’s worth working on.

The weakness is acknowledged and described, but the emphasis is more on how the candidate has sought out ways to improve.

Keep in mind that this is not such a terrific answer if you’re applying for a job that requires you to manage people.

Example 2: Too Direct

“Sometimes I can be a bit too honest when I provide feedback to coworkers. My personality is naturally very straightforward and to the point, and most of my colleagues really value that, but I have learned that there are times on the job when more diplomacy is required.

I took a training class on conflict management and it really opened my eyes to the need to communicate differently with different people. So now I am much better at providing constructive feedback, even if it doesn’t always come naturally.” 

Why It Works: This weakness is described well. The candidate notes how directness has been a weakness while also making it clear that he is not a raging jerk to his coworkers.

In the second part, he talks about concrete steps that he has taken and how he has improved.

Example 3: Public Speaking

“Honestly, I would say that public speaking is an area that I could work on. I tend to get nervous when asked to present to a large group of people. In small team meetings, I’m the first one to stand up and present. But put me in front of a big group and I can get flustered. 

I actually spoke to my manager about this and we set it as one of my development goals for this year. I took an internal presentation skills class and attended some meetings of Toastmasters, a networking group for people who want to practice public speaking. With some practice, I started to feel more comfortable. Last month, I even volunteered to represent our team at a division-wide town hall. I only had to present for 10 minutes, but I did it and got great feedback! It was actually kind of fun, so I plan on continuing to seek out opportunities to improve in this area.”

Why It Works: Fear of public speaking is a common fear. In this sample answer, the candidate makes it clear that she has no trouble communicating in general (which could be a red flag). It’s just getting up in front of a big group that scares her.

She goes on to describe how she identified the weakness, spoke with her manager about it, and then took proactive steps to improve. She even has a little triumph at the end.

3 likes3 comments
Load more comments  ·  2 of 3
Mentor_Bhanu

Thanks

akchaudhary531
@akchaudhary531  ·  2 karma

Superb boss. Thanks 

undefined
Write a comment