IMI 2008-2010 gd/pi experience

I am just now back from the IMI with my GD/PI experience: Before starting any thing let me thank all the seniors for givin us wonderful guidence an special thanks goes to nikhil for giving us his precious time and guidence(as expected he was …

I am just now back from the IMI with my GD/PI experience:

Before starting any thing let me thank all the seniors for givin us wonderful guidence an special thanks goes to nikhil for giving us his precious time and guidence(as expected he was present there before anybody else:D:D:D:D

Woke up 6:30 in the morning to reach there before 9 oclock n actually reached there half an hour before, seniors guided us to the auditoriuam where we have to sit according to panel alloted process started exactly at 0900 hours :

1. A brief film fo 20 minutes about the IMI shown(interesting not boring:D:D)

2. first process was essay writting topic was :" SHOULD YOUTH ENGAGED IN THE POLITICS" time allotted was 15 minuts

after that Bio data form was given to fill that we have to take at the time of interview

3. next step was GD mine was panel 5 seniors guided us to the designated place

Total number of participent: 9:D:D

3 panelist(one lady 2 gentlemen)

They opened one envelope in which 4-5 topics were written on a piece of paper one person has to pick the chit if the groups agree on it fine else 2nd topic will be taken out and yes 2nd topic was mandatory(forget to tell saame process was there for essay also)

TOPIC: Institution like IITs and IIMs is only for brain drain (group agree on very first topic)

group was amazing no cutting no fish market had healthy discussion for around 12 minutes entered 3 times fully satisfied with my performance(aise group hamesha kyon nahi milte yaar:D:D)

So far so good but now interview i was second in the row first interview lasted 15 minute
mine was for 25minutes)

I dint remember all the stuff but try to recall:

same panelist who were there for gd

Gentelman one: G1
Gentleman two: G2
Lady: L

Poor moi: PM

pm: may i came in sir
all: yes yes
PM: good morning mam( thank god ladies first yaad tha:)) and good morning sirs
all: good morning
G1: so u have 37 months exp
pm :yes
g1:which organisation
pm: told.........
g1: so why dont you do mba from DUbai from sp jain or imt ( i was working there)
pm: blah blah one yr mbs 2 yr mbs
G1: so what type of industries you want to establish
pm: told i want to creat more employment so most probably labour intensive i might go to revive dying sugar industires( here start grilling:-?:-?.....kyon bola yeh)
g1: what are the difficulties you will face when you will start the business in bihar(my home state)
pm: told......... ( but was not very convincing)
L1: what tyoe of people you will require
pm: told honest, hardworking blah blah
L1: thsi all bookish thing you are telling some thing practical
pm: told still not convinced
G2: how do you revive the sugar industires
pm: some gyan........
G2: tell me you will choose labour intensive or capitl intensive
pm: labour
g2: that means you will not mordernise you plant and keep on working on old plans
pm: some explaination 25 people each 4 plpant is better thab 100 people one plant it seems people are loosing job but actually its not( seems convinced:-:-)
g2: one venture 50 lacks 100 jobs nother venture 10 lacks 1000 job which one u will choose
pm:(yaar ab to yeh band karo bata do diya ....) again some gyan prooved that 10 lacks venture are better than 50 lacks as less capital more employment( if profits are same )
L1: why you want to do mba only, lots of succesful entrepreneurs are not MBA
pm: told basics of business, belong to no business background, gave xample of dhiroo bhai ambani though he was succesful businessman without MBA he sent his son to one of the best business of the world that itself prooves that MBA increases the understnading of business
G3: so which one you rate better businessmn dhiru bhai or mukesh
PM: told both are better but situation are different now than it was at the time dhiru bhai so dhiru bahi should be rated better business man as he started from basics blah blah.......
G1: what newspaper you read
pm: the hindu
g1; why coaching instiutte told u
pm: no before going coaching i was reading hindu( safed jhoot)
G1: which coaching inst u attended
pm: told.......
G1: why hindu
pm: told
G1: some question on editorial
PM: told( abi hindu chodo yaar)
G2: what was hindu views was on sezs
pM: told some good thing( doono what was hinndu view)
L1: what ws yr view
G3: what is your views views on bio fuels
pm: told if agricultural land no if waste land yes
G3: so in yur sugar factory you will produce ethanal or sugar
pm: ( god again they are comimg on sugar )ethanal are from wsate main is sugar
G1: what you do in your free time
pm: (smash:-|) i play badminton
G1: national champion
G1: important players in country

all: thank yo very much you can go
pm: thank you have a nice day( jaan chooti)

Doono whether i was able to convince or not result will tell evening taking train for IRMA from there to NMIMS..........long journy ahead
puys please pray for me n all the best

any more experience guys..........

hey thanx nafis for posting ur exp....
its quite useful.....i have mine on 15th....

u had a pgdm or pgdm hr call??

and hey puys do pour in ur exp once u r thru wid ur process

Nafis.khan Says

Any pointers to last yr's experiences ?

try here are few
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/imi-delhi-gd-pi-experiences-25013572

anotgher one:
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/imi-delhigd-pi-queries-experiences-25020710

Nafis.khan Says

hi buddy..
nething in particualr that we r supposed to carry with us for the intv..hv mine tomorrow...
hi buddy..
nething in particualr that we r supposed to carry with us for the intv..hv mine tomorrow...

Ur CAT Score Card, Admit Card
10th, 12th, Graduation marks sheet.

hello
can anybody tellme for working exp. is salary slip is sufficient?

thanks

hey thanx nafis for posting ur exp....
its quite useful.....i have mine on 15th....

u had a pgdm or pgdm hr call??

and hey puys do pour in ur exp once u r thru wid ur process

i had pgdm call but process is same for every one you do not have separate group for hr

hi nikhil
can you answer my query?

is salary slip is sufficient for proof of work exp?

hi nikhil
can you answer my query?

Your last salary slip accompanied by your appointment letter is sufficient

nikhil
thanks a lot

hi nikhil
can you answer my query?

Hi rohit
i beieve the latest salary slip with joinin letter wud be enuf as a proof.
if possible get a signature from the HR on the same to prove authenticity.

ATB

Hi
Very less activity on this thread.....any ways had my GD/PI/Essay today

Time:9:00Am

Started off with a small movie on IMI (gud 1)....
then u have to write an Essay topic for which is given but chosen by all of the candidates present.........u have the option of goin for another topic but then u have to chose the second 1(if u reject the first topic given) as u cant go back to first 1.
We chose the first topic
Topic : Food is more important than Ethics (some thin similar as dont remember the exact topic)
Time: 15 min

Then u have to fill up a Personal details form and be sure wat u write as they can ask in interview and they generally do.

We were allotted coordinators per Batch who were very helpful and answering all ur queries (A big cheer for them)
Also met our own Nikhil_Aero there

Then came GD:
Topic :MNC's are devils in disguise

had a nice discussion but some time it was about to be a Fish Market with many people speaking at the time.
But it was fine.
I made 4-5 points

Then wait for PI
the same panel which was for GD will take ur PI.

Three Members (2 gentlemen and 1 lady )

i guess 2 faculty members and 1 alumni or faculty

I entered
Q:Some thin abt my school?
Q:asked me where do i see myself 10 yrs down the line?

Q: Why MBA?
gave some points
Q:then asked me to calculate Total cost of My MBA on paper?
i did keeping in mind the salary i ll be giving up.
Q:Then asked me in how many years i think I ll be able to repay?
i said 2 years and then was asked that they don't think so....
Q:he said it was a more complex situation then i was thinking... but left it at that
Bach gya
Q:Do u read Newspapers.
I said yes...TOI ( kaun bole Hindu )
Q: Did u read todays newspaper
I said Nop as left quite early.
Q: I was asked to explain current recession in IT(my work Ex)
told them how strengthening rupee is cutting into profits .
Q: what is strengthening rupee ?
gave some gyan
Q: Then asked me How the IT sector is still showing growth?
tried to explain but i guess could hv been better
Q: tell how the Organizational Politics is +ve for company
was a very different question but then tried to give some Example from my company
Q: was asked wat calls i have and how I found IMI process different from the ones i have been 2?
Gave some fundas
Q: Then I was asked wat will i like to change in the company I work for?

That was it they were asking a lot of different type of questions but were not grilling U

overall very different yet similar to my earlier interview Experiences

abt the whole process it was gud.....Seniors were helpful.....campus is very small with No play field but the faculty is world class and Placements are Gud

I hope I ll hear Positive reponse from IMI

I am just now back from the IMI with my GD/PI experience:

Before starting any thing let me thank all the seniors for givin us wonderful guidence an special thanks goes to nikhil for giving us his precious time and guidence(as expected he was present there before anybody else:D:D:D:D

Woke up 6:30 in the morning to reach there before 9 oclock n actually reached there half an hour before, seniors guided us to the auditoriuam where we have to sit according to panel alloted process started exactly at 0900 hours :

1. A brief film fo 20 minutes about the IMI shown(interesting not boring:D:D)

2. first process was essay writting topic was :" SHOULD YOUTH ENGAGED IN THE POLITICS" time allotted was 15 minuts

after that Bio data form was given to fill that we have to take at the time of interview

3. next step was GD mine was panel 5 seniors guided us to the designated place

Total number of participent: 9:D:D

3 panelist(one lady 2 gentlemen)

They opened one envelope in which 4-5 topics were written on a piece of paper one person has to pick the chit if the groups agree on it fine else 2nd topic will be taken out and yes 2nd topic was mandatory(forget to tell saame process was there for essay also)

TOPIC: Institution like IITs and IIMs is only for brain drain (group agree on very first topic)

group was amazing no cutting no fish market had healthy discussion for around 12 minutes entered 3 times fully satisfied with my performance(aise group hamesha kyon nahi milte yaar:D:D)

So far so good but now interview i was second in the row first interview lasted 15 minute
mine was for 25minutes)

I dint remember all the stuff but try to recall:

same panelist who were there for gd

Gentelman one: G1
Gentleman two: G2
Lady: L

Poor moi: PM

pm: may i came in sir
all: yes yes
PM: good morning mam( thank god ladies first yaad tha:)) and good morning sirs
all: good morning
G1: so u have 37 months exp
pm :yes
g1:which organisation
g1: so why dont you do mba from DUbai from sp jain or imt ( i was working there)
pm: blah blah one yr mbs 2 yr mbs
G1: so what type of industries you want to establish
pm: told i want to creat more employment so most probably labour intensive i might go to revive dying sugar industires( here start grilling:-?:-?.....kyon bola yeh)
g1: what are the difficulties you will face when you will start the business in bihar(my home state)
pm: told......... ( but was not very convincing)
L1: what tyoe of people you will require
pm: told honest, hardworking blah blah
L1: thsi all bookish thing you are telling some thing practical
pm: told still not convinced
G2: how do you revive the sugar industires
pm: some gyan........
G2: tell me you will choose labour intensive or capitl intensive
pm: labour
g2: that means you will not mordernise you plant and keep on working on old plans
pm: some explaination 25 people each 4 plpant is better thab 100 people one plant it seems people are loosing job but actually its not( seems convinced:-:-)
g2: one venture 50 lacks 100 jobs nother venture 10 lacks 1000 job which one u will choose
pm:(yaar ab to yeh band karo bata do diya ....) again some gyan prooved that 10 lacks venture are better than 50 lacks as less capital more employment( if profits are same )
L1: why you want to do mba only, lots of succesful entrepreneurs are not MBA
pm: told basics of business, belong to no business background, gave xample of dhiroo bhai ambani though he was succesful businessman without MBA he sent his son to one of the best business of the world that itself prooves that MBA increases the understnading of business
G3: so which one you rate better businessmn dhiru bhai or mukesh
PM: told both are better but situation are different now than it was at the time dhiru bhai so dhiru bahi should be rated better business man as he started from basics blah blah.......
G1: what newspaper you read
pm: the hindu
g1; why coaching instiutte told u
pm: no before going coaching i was reading hindu( safed jhoot)
G1: which coaching inst u attended
pm: told.......
G1: why hindu
G1: some question on editorial
PM: told( abi hindu chodo yaar)
G2: what was hindu views was on sezs
pM: told some good thing( doono what was hinndu view)
L1: what ws yr view
G3: what is your views views on bio fuels
pm: told if agricultural land no if waste land yes
G3: so in yur sugar factory you will produce ethanal or sugar
pm: ( god again they are comimg on sugar )ethanal are from wsate main is sugar
G1: what you do in your free time
pm: (smash:-|) i play badminton
G1: national champion
G1: important players in country

all: thank yo very much you can go
pm: thank you have a nice day( jaan chooti)

Doono whether i was able to convince or not result will tell evening taking train for IRMA from there to NMIMS..........long journy ahead
puys please pray for me n all the best

hey nafis,thanks for sharing your experience buddy..
just wanted to ask you, were u allowed to keep your cell phone while you guys were going through the essay session at IMI?

had my gd/pi today..

venue: IMI, Delhi
time : 9:00 am
cat score: 97.21
profile: bcom(hons) final year..

Reached at a quater to 9 and the presentation started at dot 9.

next was the essay.. topic: "food preceeds ethics" (or something like that)..

then our group was assigned a co-ordinator for the day... who happened to be none other then nikhil_aero himself... so all those who thought that he was actually a friendly computer bot, who solved all our queries... he does exist !!!:D

gd topic: "should crime and violence be shown on tv"

nice discussion, no fish market, everyone spoke.. ended too soon..

was the second last for the interview.. lasted around 20 mins i guess (maybe more.. you never really know when your in there)... stuff like about yourself, ethics: should they be taught, qualities of a good manager, some stuff about cricket, about schooling..
screwed me a bit on my acads...acounts, hr and a bit of cost
overall it was ok... acads might let me down..

nice place, helpful seniors, and a good group..

had my gd/pi today..

venue: IMI, Delhi
time : 9:00 am
cat score: 97.21
profile: bcom(hons) final year..

Reached at a quater to 9 and the presentation started at dot 9.

next was the essay.. topic: "food preceeds ethics" (or something like that)..

then our group was assigned a co-ordinator for the day... who happened to be none other then nikhil_aero himself... so all those who thought that he was actually a friendly computer bot, who solved all our queries... he does exist !!!:D

gd topic: "should crime and violence be shown on tv"

nice discussion, no fish market, everyone spoke.. ended too soon..

was the second last for the interview.. lasted around 20 mins i guess (maybe more.. you never really know when your in there)... stuff like about yourself, ethics: should they be taught, qualities of a good manager, some stuff about cricket, about schooling..
screwed me a bit on my acads...acounts, hr and a bit of cost
overall it was ok... acads might let me down..

nice place, helpful seniors, and a good group..

Man, is it so..................U thought I m a computer bot
;)...........thatz cool man, if u would have told me this thing there, I would have recommended an abstract topic for u ppl, u seem to be quite imaginative n creative.

My IMI experience

Venue - IMI
Date - 14 feb
Slot - 1 pm

it all started with essay -"corruption is outcome of democracy "

nice topic..quite corrupted start

GD - "govt should first look into themself before blaming private sector for corruption"

corruption still continued....but very easy group..nice discussion...no fishy market..discussed coolly

Interview

prof- tell me about urself
moi - gyaan.....
prof- asked me about my extra curricular activity of initiating tech fest in my coll
moi - told everything from plan...to draft..to sponsors we arranged.
prof - why dont u do parttime mba
moi - told i want study + part of students driven activity+industry proj + summers in regular mba gives practical learning
Prof - suppose ur head of TRAI..how would u allocate spectrum
moi - told about min pricing I woud set.Now all comp that satisfy it will be considered for next round(Like IMI did with cat score).Then i would do speculation on comps background.and other factors.
Prof- would u take bharti or vodafone.
Moi - vodafone coz it has global outlook and has more competitive and better past record.
Prof - tell us abut RPL.
Moi - gave all gyan ..listing ipo..over subscribe..fell down to 375 on first listing.
Prof - came up with two graphs.asked me to tell their means..and whats diff bw the two.
Moi - told median is same..but they differ in Standard deviation terms (OLD GYAAN OF SCHOOL....DIDN`t Remember much)
Prof - which minister u hate the most
Moi - CM of UP coz she is encouraging reservation for vote banking

Over all okies experience.

At the end it really gets suffocating..its gr8 to come out and breathe in fresh air.

ATB puys

Chak de Phatte

Result - IMI converted

Hi
Very less activity on this thread.....any ways had my GD/PI/Essay today

Time:9:00Am

I hope I ll hear Positive reponse from IMI

Hey

Wat is ur background... i mean are they not grilling on ACADS?????