IIMA Waitlist thread

Hi, This thread is for people who are waitlisted at IIMA. I had BLACI calls and couldn’t convert B and C. Converted LKI and waitlisted at A (waitlist no:11). So this is my only hope of getting into the top three :neutral: . So if anyone has an…

Hi,
This thread is for people who are waitlisted at IIMA. I had BLACI calls and couldn't convert B and C. Converted LKI and waitlisted at A (waitlist no:11). So this is my only hope of getting into the top three :neutral: . So if anyone has any info about anyone not taking up A please post it here. Thanks in advance.

Hi

we r in same boat. My waitlist no. is 5. I heard that last year waitlist 16 got a call. I hope the trend continues. I had already created a thread for waitlisted candidates. will keep you updated on any development there.

Half empty half full or the glass is too big?
Some random ramblings interspersed with some useful info.

Not to give you guys false hope, but this time because of the delay in announcing the results, some might have joined other institutes already.
I read a post to this effect, saying he was joining ISB as he's already paid the fees...
But do remember that if you hear about 5 people not taking up A, does not mean WL-5 will be cleared. There is a small buffer of 4/5 people beyond which the wl starts moving.

There are two points of time when the wl will move.
1. After the confirmation window (14th May i believe) closes, the people who have not confirmed will be considered to be out and then depending on the numbers, they will move the wl.
2.After the registration closes, that is almost at the begining of the academic session. Lots of people confirm, as it is only a matter of Rs. 500, but do not turn up for regitration. The the wl is moved once again. But do remember, this is a very last moment thing and you must be prepaed to leave for Ahmedabad at very short notice.

As for the rest, do go thru the previous years wl thread and keep updating each other with the info on this thread.

All the Best people.

Cheers,
Bhonpu.

Half empty half full or the glass is too big?
Some random ramblings interspersed with some useful info.

Not to give you guys false hope, but this time because of the delay in announcing the results, some might have joined other institutes already.
I read a post to this effect, saying he was joining ISB as he's already paid the fees...
But do remember that if you hear about 5 people not taking up A, does not mean WL-5 will be cleared. There is a small buffer of 4/5 people beyond which the wl starts moving.

As for the rest, do go thru the previous years wl thread and keep updating each other with the info on this thread.

All the Best people.

Cheers,
Bhonpu.

Need one info.

A knows that WL wont move beyond 20 ( thats the case for all the preceding years) why they waitlist 52 people

How many were waitlisted last time.

I am not sure about the exact details, but from what I hear, the extra 30 seats that are awaiting the Supreme Court decision also contain general seats.
Now if that is the case then it makes sense for the insti to give a bigger waitlist. If this is not true, then I won't be able to comment on the size of the wl.
Another factor could be the delay in the results announcement. Because of that many more of the people who've made it to WIMWI might join other colleges.

What is your wl no. btw? Cos I hadn't heard of a wl of 52!!!

Cheers
Bhonpu.

I was Wl no. 14 last year, and it got confirmed only after the session at A started (though before the start of session at B - and by then I had already made up my mind to join B).

I guess very few people get to know of their confirmed status after the last date of payment of confirmation fees, as the confirmation amount itself is too little. (Increasing this amount is something A could do to help waitlisters. Have they increased it to 5,000 this year?)

Also, for info from last yr, you might want to go through last year's IIMA waitlisters thread http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/the-iima-waitlisters-thread-25015167

hi....
I have been waitlisted at number 15.
Some information that i can add -

1) As per the info on IIM A site, there have been only 239 offers made against 250 seats.
that's on account of their inability to fill ST quota seats. So what's gonna happen to these 11 seats?? will they remain as vacant or will they be filled up by waitlisted candidates ??
big question !!!1

2) Even if the quota gets implemented this year, it's not gonna increase the general seats.
Total seats will be increased by 30, 17 - OBC and 8 - SC, 5- ST.
General seats will be 192 only.

hi....

1) As per the info on IIM A site, there have been only 239 offers made against 250 seats.
that's on account of their inability to fill ST quota seats. So what's gonna happen to these 11 seats?? will they remain as vacant or will they be filled up by waitlisted candidates ??
big question !!!1

2) Even if the quota gets implemented this year, it's not gonna increase the general seats.

Those seats will remain vacant.

What is your wl no. btw? Cos I hadn't heard of a wl of 52!!!

Cheers
Bhonpu.

wL # 38

The candidates being offered admission are required to submit their acceptance of the offer along with the acceptance fee such that it reaches admission office of IIM-A on or before May 14, 2007. In addition to 239 firm offers, another 52 candidates have been put on the waiting list in ranked (category wise) order. The wait-listed candidates would be offered admission strictly as per the rank in case the candidates who have been made firm offers either decline the offer or do not submit their acceptance along with the fee by May 14, 2007.

know

wL # 38

The candidates being offered admission are required to submit their acceptance of the offer along with the acceptance fee such that it reaches admission office of IIM-A on or before May 14, 2007. In addition to 239 firm offers, another 52 candidates have been put on the waiting list in ranked (category wise) order. The wait-listed candidates would be offered admission strictly as per the rank in case the candidates who have been made firm offers either decline the offer or do not submit their acceptance along with the fee by May 14, 2007.

Whoa!!!
Whaddya know...Maybe the college IS expecting the wl to clear to a much greater no. this year...
Fingers crossed for you guys...

Cheers,
Bhonpu.
know

Whoa!!!
Whaddya know...Maybe the college IS expecting the wl to clear to a much greater no. this year...
Fingers crossed for you guys...

Cheers,
Bhonpu.

Well half the waitlist has already cleared

waitlist till WL # 23 are in.

Best guess - they gave more offers, as before they had given only 239 offers for 239 seats.

So warrior - not so far man

Congrats to Subodh_iit - :thumbsup:

Best guess - they gave more offers, as before they had given only 239 offers for 239 seats.

source please? from where u got this info?

Well if this news is true (WL 23 cleared) this would really be a pleasant surprise 😃 to me....

I am waitlisted 31 😞 in IIMA....and was almost sure of not getting in.......
But this will now keep me awake till 15th of May..... when I think the real picture will come up....

I have already confirmed my joining in Lucknow (and I am too happy abt it).......but will really wait for this one to get converted....

hi....

big question !!!1

Have u recd d final admission offer from IIMA??

Are you sure about the authencity of this information. Because as far as I can see this is not possible.
Even if the waitlist was cleared because of the 11 seats for which students were not alloted. Because if that were the case, then only wl-11 would have been cleared. They have no way of knowing how many students are not joining, at least not before the confirmation window date of 14th May.

So, please post the source of this information, and if it is not authentic, do not raise the hopes of so many students unnecessarily.

Cheers,
Bhonpu.

I was waitlist 14... got through. Got a phone call and an email on saturday night and received the offer letter on the 8th. Joinin WIMWI!! woohoo!!

this is wat the email said...
Further to our letter dated April 27, 2007, placing you on waiting list, I am glad to inform you that your turn has now come for admission to IIM Ahmedabads Post-Graduate Programme in Management (PGP) for the session beginning June 21, 2007. We will be sending you our detailed offer letter on Monday by Courier.
In the meanwhile, can you please indicate to us by email ([email protected]) your decision on this admission offer? This will help us in planning the admission process better.
Thank you.
Admissions Officer

Are you sure about the authencity of this information. Because as far as I can see this is not possible.
Even if the waitlist was cleared because of the 11 seats for which students were not alloted. Because if that were the case, then only wl-11 would have been cleared. They have no way of knowing how many students are not joining, at least not before the confirmation window date of 14th May.

So, please post the source of this information, and if it is not authentic, do not raise the hopes of so many students unnecessarily.

Cheers,
Bhonpu.
The info is authentic..

Actually 4/5 guys rejected admissions by email and they are accepting email rejections this time.

Further 5/6 in W/L refused admission immediately because they were already decided in their plans.. This is what the person in the Admissions Office told me.

@nidea4u Please check ur message box. I have dropped u a PM>

I am going mad. Pinch me and tell me that this is actually happening

So whats the status now? How many waitlisters already confirmed???

@ Subodh... whats your waitlist, and the status