IIMA PGPX class 2012 aspirants

Hi All, As academic session for the batch of 2011 is about to start in a month time,it is time to gear up for new season where we all will apply & seek to get an admit.I saw many posts on different threads which were iirrelevant to class 2012…

Hi All,

As academic session for the batch of 2011 is about to start in a month time,it is time to gear up for new season where we all will apply & seek to get an admit.I saw many posts on different threads which were iirrelevant to class 2012.People tend to post on wrong threads & issue get un resolved.

Request to post ur suggestion & queries for 2012 batch admission here.

Mods:Pls. direct users here to have discussion streamlined.

Hi,

I will be applying this year to PGPX.

Engineer
10yr work exp in IT (7 yrs international - Investment Banking)
GMAT 700

Please evaluate my profile
10 Years working experience in a Public Sector Bank in Managerial Cadre
10th: 67% (Bihar Board)
I.Sc: 67% (Bihar Board)
B.Sc (Physics): 58% (Bihar University)
Going to take GMAT

What marks can be good for me in GMAT and what are the chances to get in IIMA

what is scope of intake increase to 140?

what is scope of intake increase to 140?

I believe iima wants to increase intake to two class.(appx.140 students) from one class,but there is constraint from accmodation aspect.With increasing intake for PGP this year,it seems to be remote possibility.

All is what i believe,rest we have to wait till official confirmation.

My profile is:

Xth:83%(Gujarat board)
XIIth:72%(Gujarat board)
B.E.-Mech.-67%
PGDBA(Operation)-SCDL(Grade doesn't carry any value)
Work Ex.:6.5 yrs as of now,(Project management-5.5 yrs,1 yr-Operation)
International exp:Nil
GMAT planning to give in june end
I appeared for cat 09 & got laughable 91.33 percentile:banghead::banghead:

As average GMAT score for current batch is 728,so score should be near 700.

Hi there,

I am applying for 2012.
What were the essay topics last year...?

I have GMAT of 730(Q50,V40), but AWA sucks (4.0) is that a problem?

9+ yrs IT Services exp and 6 yrs in US

Do I stand a chance?

Is there any resume book of current batch?

Thanks

Great to see a thread on this already! It'll be great to keep this updated with placement stats,etc as and when available.

My profile: 720 GMAT; 8 yrs experience

Please evaluate my profile:

10th Passed in 1992 with 65%
12th Passed in 1995 with 70%
Diploma in Computer Engineering Qualified in 1998 with 77.33% (Secured 1st rank in my college May be in Delhi State also But not sure)
B.A. (P) in Economics and Mathematics in 1999 with 52.33% (Correspondence Delhi University)

After this I had to give break to my academic career due to some financial crisis in my family. I joined one garment export house as an assistant merchandiser and worked for approx. 2 years and simultaneously was preparing for MCA entrance test.

MCA Qualified in 2004 from U.P. Technical University with 85.33% University Topper Gold Medalist.

2004 June to Till date has been working in Telecommunication Industry as a Technical Leader handling a team of 15 people.

GMAT yet to attempt.

the below link gives the path for discussions that were done by batch which is going to join in april 10.
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iima-pgpx-class-of-2011-aspirants-25037725

i see that a lot of aspirants have posted their profile. going through the above post will give us some idea abt last year profile.

I will also be applying this year. Hopefully throuh this forum all of us can meet and share
all the best to fellow aspirants

Hello Puys,

I would appreciate some help..

There is no website (atleast I haven't found one) that clearly lists the Indian EMBA (1 Year Fulltime) program rankings..

I am guessing IIMA is at the top, but not sure what the line up beyond that looks like..

Here is my take:
IIMA
IIMB
IIMC
IIML
XLRI
IIMI

Can anybody please provide some insights (a link or two to the rankings would be nice too)

Thanks in advance,
Raj

Hi All

I've one question regarding scrutinizing of experience letters that we submit. How does a B school verify the information that we submit like projects I worked in and my role and responsibilities and all.

BR
Manoj

atulgoswami06 Says
As average GMAT score for current batch is 728,so score should be near 700.

I checked the profile of 2010 batch and I found mostly all the people are very senior and having great profile. Most of them are from some premier institution and having International exposure of at least 4 years. I do not know where does I stand. I've also submitted my profile here for evaluation please do the needful. Cheers Manoj
Hello Puys,

I would appreciate some help..

There is no website (atleast I haven't found one) that clearly lists the Indian EMBA (1 Year Fulltime) program rankings..

I am guessing IIMA is at the top, but not sure what the line up beyond that looks like..

Here is my take:
IIMA
IIMB
IIMC
IIML
XLRI
IIMI

Can anybody please provide some insights (a link or two to the rankings would be nice too)

Thanks in advance,
Raj

It is surprising not to see ISB in the list of 1 year indian EMBA.In fact,it is the only EMBA which happens to be in top 100 B school.(Rank no.12)

Business school rankings and MBA rankings from the Financial Times

However,my views are:
IIMA-arguably numero uno
IIMB-Not much idea
IIMC-Good value for money,recruiters mainly from manufacturing
IIML-There were reports that last batch faced poor placement.
IIMI-New born baby,not much official information

Hi All,
Please find my profile below. I would be very grateful for comments and advice to build a competetive application:

X: 86.6
XII: 76.6
BE: 65
MTech: 73.2

Work Ex:
1.5 years as faculty and administrator with an IBM authorised Training partner.
3 years as software engineer with major telecom and semiconductor product companies.
3 months (present- will be around 1.5 yrs in june 2011) as tech analyst (leading a small team of 5)at a major IT service provivder.
International exp: Nil
Gmat: yet to take (June / july)
EC: OK
Social service: Nil

I am aiming for the 2012 batch. Since my profile is going to be like a drop in an ocean. Please suggest me on how to strengthen my application.

Thanks,
grv

When will the admission form be out?

rajmanu24 Says
I checked the profile of 2010 batch and I found mostly all the people are very senior and having great profile. Most of them are from some premier institution and having International exposure of at least 4 years. I do not know where does I stand. I've also submitted my profile here for evaluation please do the needful. Cheers Manoj

Can you share the student profiles of the current batch? you can share only those that are publicly available..
or let me know where I could find

thanks

Last year, forms was available from June. so hoping same this time it will be same.