IIMA PGPX (1 Yr Full Time MBA) Class of 2017 aspirants (PGPX 2016-17)

For people applying to IIMA one year programme in 2015. 

I am current PGPX student (class of 2015), if you plan to apply for this program,  my recent blogpost on demystifying one year MBA program should be very useful.

http://iimapgpxjourney.blogspot.in/2014/11/an-attempt-demystify-one-year-full-time.html

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/article/20141127183936-18863569-behavioral-interview-story-speaks-lou... My take at behavioral interview, which applies to admission interviews as well

Considering applying in 2015 to join in 2016. Any ideas on the application deadlines and by when I need to have a good GMAT score ready

Hi All,

I would like to know if there are opportunities to network with other IIMs after graduation through events, email groups. 

Hi all,

Can anyone please throw some light if it is possible to join a strat consult firm after passing out from PGPX? If one wants to target a strat consulting role, would PGPX be a good target? What firms have selected for consulting roles this year and last? Any inputs please?

Hi all,

I have an MBA and would like to know whether IIMA -PGPX would be a good fit for my profile and whether having an MBA degree would be considered a disadvantage

My profile is as below :

- Current role : 6 months with a private commodity trading firm majorly involved but not limited to metals 

- Previously :7 years work-ex with one of India's largest metal companies in the sales and marketing department (includes 1.5 years of International sales exposure involving travel to different countries and direct dealing with all geographies). 

- MBA with distinction

- Engineering first class

- X/XII - distinction

- Active in sports have represented university on various occasions (don't know how useful it would be)

- Active in Quiz (3rd in Tata Crucible regional round) and have won various other quiz competitions at different levels.

Hii ....please tell that can we apply to one year programme through CAT score and what is approx. cut off for that or do we need only GMAT...??

Hi,

can anyone tell whether a non IT background creates a major barrier in the admission process of IIM-A one year MBA.I am an instrumentation engineering graduate having a background of  working in BARC and NPCIL(a PSU) in nuclear power production industry(6Years), with no overseas experience.I plan to take the GMAT this year and want to include IIM-A as one of the preferred institutes .

Hello,

I have  with work exp of almost 7 years (IT and non IT). I already have a MBA (Marketing)degree from  Mumbai(2 year full time ). I worked as a software engineer for 2 years prior to the MBA and after that almost 4.6 years with Business Analyst and Presales Manager as the role. But still I feel I havent got that outlook towards the field which I am looking into (Marketing and Business Consulting). I am planning to pursue one year MBA degree for executive from IIM A, IIM B or ISB. I need someone here on this forum who can guide me through the process. Jus an FYI I have already started preparing for GMAT and wish to give the exam somewhere in 2nd week of June understanding that the last date for applications to IIM A is 10 th August and to IIM B is 31st August. Can someone here please guide me with the application process and the requirements for the application. Thanks.

Hi, Could you please evaluate my profile for IIMA PGPX program? 10th 80% (state board); 12th 75% (state board) B.E. in IT (NIT Durgapur) 70%; M. Tech. in IT (NUS Singapore) 3.26/5.00; GMAT - 680 (Q50, V31); 10+ years experience including 8+ years of international experience. Working in techno-functional mid-management role in supply chain domain for last 9 years; project/program management experience for 3+ years. Thanks in advance!

Hi

I am a MBA in HR with overall experience of 6+ years.I am planning to pursue PGPX to enhance my career.Will my earlier qualification be a disadvantage to apply to IIM-A PGPX?

please evaluate my profile - 10-73% , 12-85% , B com hons-58% ( from Goenka which is one of the top 15 in India) , MBA - Sydenham Inst -67% ,Mumbai University. Working as Regional Manager in the country's second largest bank and one of the top performers Nationally throughout in the bank . Want to be in IIM A for the brand and to move into strategic domain from current business development field ....Extra Curriculars have a bit ... Kindly let me know what would be the chances as am yet to give GMAT but expect 700 plus . Work Ex - 8 years by next year 8.7 years

Anyone Applying to PGPX for 2016-2017 want to Connect. 

Want to apply for pgpx 2016 admissions:

10th-76%, 12th-76%, BTech/MTech-7.4/10

B.Tech and M.Tech from IIT Madras (dual degree), work experience of 10 years (IT product companies). Worked in a few start-ups joining them at very early stages (but not as co-founder or partner but as an employee)  and contributed significantly. For last 5 years working in some of the top product MNCs. Leading a product development team. 

Was not much inclined at extra-curricular activities at school and college level. But was involved in quite a few roles like conducting  big events and revamping a dead club at college level. Part of alumni association management committee for 4+ years etc... 

After 10 years of core technical work, mid-management experience, now wants to get sense of other aspects of the business. MBA from IIMA can be a great learning, qualification and brand to help me get more responsible roles to deal tough management stuff at global corporations.

I have not written GMAT but should be writing soon. 

Need to know the feedback on the profile and also want a comment GMAT score required.

Thanks in advance.

I also want to apply for 2016-17. 

My profile is 

X-76 Xii - 75 , B-tech -70. 10 years in IT industry and worked across product dev and consulting. Currently Manager at an IT service company, responsible for service delivery for a track and also engaged as an SME for pre-sales & a people manager.

ECs: 

Last year won the regional business corporate challenge at my company and participated in national finals.

Awarded certis by CEO for being a top performer and CIO certificate for contributing paper in company's conference. 

Represented company in National Business Simulation Challenge organized by NHRDN.

Shortlisted for pre-final rounds of Capgemini super techies twice. 

In Top 0.1%ile of contributors in my Developer Network. 

Done himalayan cycling and other multi day cycling tours.

Other prizes in national level events in college.  

Haven't written my GMAT.Any feedback is welcome.

Hi

Is any reference or recommendation required for applying to iima pgpx???

IIM-A and ISB have started accepting applications. However, in IIMA application I don't see any essays. All I can see is the general information being asked, like work experience, area of expertise, etc.. Wouldn't there be any essays as part of IIMA PGPX application ? Or, would I see essays only after I fill all these initial details ?? Can someone clarify this ?

I am confused with the test date selection.I have planned to take up the test in the first week of August.....can I do so and still apply for IIM A.

hey guys, I took GMAT last year. I know that the score is valid for 5 yrs. But for IIM A do I need to retake it?

Also, I didn't send my official score to IIM A last year, so do I  need to do it? or will they accept unofficial score card?