IIM Indore 2008-10 Waitlist

Hey everyone, as catapult pointed out in the results thread, we need to have a waitlist thread so we can track movement for the same. So I thought I’d start one. I’m WL-137 at IIM Indore, so most probably going to MDI for now …mods, I…

Hey everyone,

as catapult pointed out in the results thread, we need to have a waitlist thread so we can track movement for the same. So I thought I'd start one.

I'm WL-137 at IIM Indore, so most probably going to MDI for now ....mods, I have a request - could you move the WL posts ( including Catapult's update post ) to this thread?

For everyone's benefit, here's catapult's post detailing waitlist updates:

Catapult:
Little service for all the WListers @ Indore. These are the people on PG who have got other calls and are confirmed to let go off their I call: ( The count is 40 )

hurricane
rPradeephere
ankit_paruthi
typhoon
social_loafer
Surfacer
anir_iim2005
dayatic_billi
Tortured_Soul
joel1702
sukrut
winners rock
sourabhpandey
sreee
macora
somak2001us
parulbajaj
CAT-a-tonic
avi_mba
shibac
zenith2006
balancedfish
mast_ravish
Herr_shanky
arpitshah10
prashant_iitiim
sayan1013
Rohit.Sinha
chaturank
cestarun
Jay_enn
harshadk
frequency123
saudi
ritesh86
hackie chan
CATPagol
akshatagarwal
muru_chn
Mantri

I know the pain of being on Indore waitlist cuz it tends to be huge and many people have this as their solitary call. Strange that this year their is no seperate thread to discuss on Indore WL movement. Hope this can help a bit.

PS: I have not included people who have got I & K both - because they tend to be confused till the last moment on which one to join. Also those who have confirmed calls from I & WListed on others.

waitlist numbers I found:

abhithehobbit - 137
eternal_dreamer - 35
its_heidi_here - 249
vijay_7827 - 230
future_mba - 6 (K final call )
comingback2life - 7 (K final call)
shobhit.engg - 258
aalok_deep - 159
cool_sud007 - 84
sr2goody - 164
KatKraze - 43
reddymanojm - 232
Deepesh.Dadlani - 97
d-maniac - 26
coolengone - 18

You should start a poll or something.. Take a hint from other WL threads..

You should start a poll or something.. Take a hint from other WL threads..

thanks for the tip - put a rather comprehensive poll up 😁
me wl-119.
cat 99.94. callls a, c, i, k.
rejects a,c,k.
wl-i

erm, guys,

I made a mistake on the vote - I'm waitlisted 137, not

hey i got a waitlist of 17
what are my chances

Finally nice to see a separate thread for Waitlist junta of Indore...

usless to speculate now......

but sth can be speculated if we could somehow have an idea of the number of confirmed offers given out by IIM Indore.

seniors any help :)

by the way me waitlisted #37
and a friend of mine he is waitlisted #11 and he is not joining. So yet another ray of hope.

Hi All,
Me waitlisted at #164 and at #116 at MDI so I think I would be able to convert MDI. But does anybody have an idea as to how many confirmed calls were given this year? I searched in the other threads but could not find any answer to this question :frown:

Hi ,
Please poll here.Will be helpful for iim-k waitlister junta.

Here we go:--

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/31464-iim-kozhikode-2008-10-waitlist.html#post1115901

Thanks a lot.
Please do poll it requires just 30 seconds.

i am at #230...so looks like it's NITIE for me...

My waitlist no. is 272.
So no hopes as far as this year is concerned.

my waiting is 66 and will join if i get thru...
does anyone have any idea how many pl have been waitlisted..the last waiting that i know of is 288..that could give us an idea of where we stand ..
assuming 100-200 ppl have been rejected + 300-350 ppl on the waitlist = 400 - 550ppl

total no. of calls (gd/pi) = 1247

waitlist starts after 1247 - (400 or 550) = 847 to 697 calls

last year 180 seats = 725 rank* getting through
this year for 240 seats atleast 825 rank shld get thru...

*rank = calls in the first list + w/l no.

any comments corrections are welcome

does anyone have ne idea about the number of confirmed calls given out by Indore this year......
will make the picture a bit more clearer......seniors any comments ??

my waiting is 66 and will join if i get thru...
does anyone have any idea how many pl have been waitlisted..the last waiting that i know of is 288..that could give us an idea of where we stand ..
assuming 100-200 ppl have been rejected + 300-350 ppl on the waitlist = 400 - 550ppl

total no. of calls (gd/pi) = 1247

waitlist starts after 1247 - (400 or 550) = 847 to 697 calls

last year 180 seats = 725 rank* getting through
this year for 240 seats atleast 825 rank shld get thru...

*rank = calls in the first list + w/l no.

any comments corrections are welcome

dude, all 240 seats are not for the general candidates - you forgot to put that into your analysis 😃

me waitlisted at no 3.. in obc.... looking to dat....

Here is some news connected to the OBC reservations.

"Calcutta High Court on Wednesday stayed the union HRD ministrys memorandum on 27 per cent OBC quota in postgraduate courses in centrally run institutions.
The interim order means that IIMs, IITs and all central institutions offering postgraduate courses will not be able to go ahead with the quota in these courses...."

Calcutta HC stays OBC quota at PG level, Centre to appeal- Hindustan Times

The latest news on the OBC quota is that the SC is gonna hear the case today...

SC to hear Centre's petition on OBC quota on May 16 (http://news.oneindia.in/2008/05/15/sc-to-hear-centres-petition-on-obc-quota-tomorrow-1210840379.html)

Govt moves SC against order on OBC quota- Hindustan Times (http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=8ef26e88-eb56-45f5-8b16-0b3364931b0c&&Headline;=Government+moves+SC+against +HC+order)

Update

SC Gives Nod for OBC in IIMs

SC gives go-ahead to OBC admissions in IIM-C