IIM Ahmedabad PGPX Admissions 2019-20 | PaGaLGuY

Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad is one of the most prominent business schools of India. It is constantly ranked as the best management institute of India based on its excellent pedagogy and renowned teachers.

IIM Ahmedabad offers a one-year full-time program in management, PGPX, that has been designed to prepare managers for rapidly changing workplace scenarios.

● Name of the Program : PGPX (Post Graduate Program in Management for Executives)

● Mode of Teaching : Full-time residential program

● Duration : 1 year

● Application Fee : Rs. 5,000 for Round-1

Rs. 7,500 for Round -2

● Program Fees : Rs. 28 Lakhs plus cost for international immersion program

● Scholarships : 5 Interest Waiver Scholarships (up to Rs. 3 Lakhs)

● Placement Details
:  Maximum – Rs. 60 Lakhs

Minimum – Rs. 17 Lakhs

Average – Rs. 30.35 Lakhs

● Qualifying Exam : GMAT or GRE (scores from the last 5 years are valid)

● Eligibility :

Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university or an equivalent qualification (Min. 15 years of study).

Minimum Age for admission into the program is 25 years as on 31st March 2020.

There is no upper age limit applicable for admission into the program.

Minimum 4 years of full-time work experience as on 31st March 2020.

● Selection Process :

Shortlisted candidates to submit essays on specified topics.

Interview by IIM Ahmedabad Faculty Members

Final selection based on performance in the essay writing, interview, work experience, professional background, leadership potential, and interpersonal skills.

The application for the Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA) One Year Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX) class of 2018-19 is now open. Please get yourself registered for updates:
https://www.iima.ac.in/web/pgpx/apply

Hi! I am looking to do the PGPX course by 18-19. I have scored 79% in my 10th grade, 83% in my 12th grade, 70% in my B.Sc ( Vis com) and a 64% in my M.A Advertising & Marketing. I have over 5 years of experience and currently handle Brand & Media for a consumer durable brand in India. What are my chances of being accepted into the system?  

Hi, your advice is much appreciated.  Thanks ! 

I am 35 yrs old Indian female with 12years plus work experience in IT  industry along with 6months at US for client meetings & requirement  gathering. Presently (& for last 7 years) with a prominent IT giant.  Was in IT delivery for 11.5 years & highest role played was Project  Lead responsible for managing technical deliverables & project  reporting for a team of 10-12 members at offshore. Presently with Europe  Sales team as a Proposal Author. I have own multiple accolades for my  professional commitment & excellence. I have 2 certifications to my  credit - IBM DB2 Fundamentals & Prince2 Practitioner Certification.  Graduated from private state university with DGPA 7.25, 12th - 81%, 10th  - 83% (both CBSE). I had own multiple prizes from Ramkrishna Mission  Institite of Culture, Kolkata in elocution contest during my school  days. I was an active participant in school annual function every year. 

I aspire for IIM A PGPX.   Does my profile qualify ? What should be the GMAT score to be competitive?

I see there are 2 rounds of admission. Not sure why? Is applying in 2nd round treated as a disqualification? 

Hey guys please evaluate my profile. 

X 66%, XII 68.83%, B.Sc Mathematics Hons 80.63%, and MCA 72.53%. Graduation and post graduation from Mumbai University. 

I have total experience of 7 years in IT industry in Capital Market domain (Stock Exchanges as client) working as a Business Analyt, 4 years exp in India and 3 years exp in Germany.

What are my chances for ISB also is there any changes in IIM A  PGPX? 

Please suggest.

Hello,Please evaluate my profile for IIM PGPX, ISB10th - 84%12th - 89%B.Tech from Grade-1 Govt College- 84% (Gold Medalist)GMAT - Yet to take
Work Experience - TCS - 3.5 yearsDeloitte - 5 yearsCurrent CTC - 16 lpa
Extra Cir - Toastmasters, Joined NGO for upliftment of Women, National Oympiad Medalist
What should be my GMAT score to get selected for IIM PGPX and ISB? 

Hi Please evaluate my profile for IIM A PGPX, IIM B EPGP. 10th=89.4%, 12th= 77.6%, B.Tech-IT(IP Univ.)=76% and full time PGDM-Marketing(FT) from MBA Tier-3 institute= 59%. GMAT =Yet to take

Brand Management Certification from MICA

SalesForce Certified Professional

Roposo certified Fashion and Lifestyle Blogger

Work Experience

Freelance Experience in Writing-5 years+

Full Time:

1.5 years= Marketing Agency as Consultant

Worked on Projects with International Embassies, Events, Media Relations and Social Media

8 months= Leading Ecommerce Company as Key Account Manager

Worked in Lifestyle Team

3 years= Working in Ecommerce Sales @ Leading FMCG in the world

Extra Curricular

Marketing Club-Creative Manager at my b-school

Literary Society secretary in college

Have my own women-oriented blog

Interned with United Nation, Star TV

Won Prizes in Writing and Debating during College

School Reporter for TOI

Campus Finalists for some B-School Events

Won some Performance oriented awards at work

Looking for better career opportunities, open to change in sector and the best exposure to MBA with my diverse experience.

Kindly guide me with the appropriate GMAT score that would be needed to be shortlisted for the Programmes above. Also, what all can I add to my profile?

Do I have a chance to be called as per my profile?

Thanks!!

Hello Guys, Please review my profile. Details are:-
Xth- 80.60%
XIIth - 78.4%
B.Sc Hons. Physiotherapy(DU)- 65.3%
PGDIB(BIMTECH Greater Noida)- CGPA 7.7/9.00
7.5 years work experience in FMCG, working with top FMCG company as sales executive,corporate sales. 

Hi guys,

Please review my profile:

X - 67.4%

XII - 73.2%

B.tech in mechanical from rajasthans second no. Govt.college kota with 64%

Got GMAT score of 710 given on 31-mar-17

Currently working in Reliance industries ltd. With 5 yrs work experience in project management as a project planning engineer.

1. Have got recognition for successfull ontime completion of most prioritised project of relance "Ethane feed flexibility"

2. Have participated in essay writing competition, was member of paper presentation commitee at college,currently cleared first round of a national level singing competion going for 2nd round. Got selected in reliance jio auditions for acting and singing.

3. Helped an ailing girl suffering from brain meningitis by collecting 1,21,000 from collegues and freinds and relatives.

4. Member of toastmasters international and have given two speeches till date.

5. Was head of all GETs in reliance mumbai division during the training/ probation phase of 1 yr.

6. Got first prize twice in reliance skit competion.

7. Performed in various singing competitions and programmes in reliance and college.

Please let me know what are the chances in getting into IIMA PGPX and also IIM B& C.

Hi Sir, I am looking to do the PGPX course by 18-19. My 10th std.score is 76.67%,12th std. score is 70% ,B.E (Mechanical) score is 65%.PG Diploma in Power Plant Engineering{from National power Training Institute } score is 77%. I have over 6 years of experience in Thermal Power Plant in Operation.How much my chances to get in IIMA A PGPX & How much score required for it? 

Hi,

I'm an engineer with Post Graduate Diploma In Banking & Finance. With an overall experience of  8 years (Of which 4 years into consulting).

For past couple of year I'm exploring opportunities to upgrade my knowledge and accelerate my carrer, to which one obvious way is to pursue One Year MBA.

The only question that comes to my mind and which probably does not allow me to go all out towards my GMAT preparation is, If doing an MBA from colleges like IIM/ISB will accelerate my carrer, given my CTC is already close to the average salary offered by most of these institues and considering the opportunity cost (Due to leaving my existing job) I wonder if it will provide that much increase in Renumeration.

Appreciate if someone can provide their inputs.

Many Thanks in advance.

Regards

Aditya

Hi....Pl review my profile for PGPX in IIMA ...X-89% , XII-86% , B.E. (Civil) , Thapar University - 9.66/10 (Gold medalist) , GATE  AIR -51 , Engineering services exam (UPSC) - AIR 21 , Work experince - IOCL (3 years) and Indian Railways - 2 years (Indian Railway service of Engineers) , Extra curricular -Dramatics ....How much I need to score in GMAT for getting in IIMA PGPX....What are the chances to get IIMA PGPX. My DOB - 14/04/1991...am i eligible for 18-19 PGPX...?

Hi Sir, I am looking to do the PGPX course by 18-19. My 10th std.score is 89%,12th std. score is 86% ,B.E (civil) score is 9.66/10 (Gold medalist) .GATE 2011 - AIR - 51 . Engineering services examination (UPSC) - AIR 21. I have over 3 years of experience in IOCL and 2 years of experience in Indian Railways ( Indian railway service of engineers) How much my chances to get in IIMA A PGPX & How much score required for it? ..My DOB is 14/04/1991....am I eligible for 18-19 course.

Hi sir, I'm looking for Executive MBA from IIMB or IIMA. My profile X-90%, Diploma-78% (because of scoring system), BE-8.88  CGPA from PESIT B'lore, 4 years of work experience in thermal plant operation department. What should be my GMAT score? And even if I make a good score, what are the chances of getting into one?

Hi.. I am planning to do PGPX from IIM A or a PGP from ISB. My scores are 87% (X),84%(XII)7.98 (Btech Electrical and electronics Engineering ).University topper in final semester BTECH.Yet to take GMAT. Have 8+ years working experience as a design engineer (low voltage switchgears-MCCB)Currently working as a Manager leading a team working on the development of a new product (MCCB). Selected as the top peformer in the yearly appraisals.

Extra curriculars-Active participant in youth festivals. Won several prices for essay writing competitions, dances at school level.

Currently pursuing diploma in Bharatanatyam under Nalanda University. Have performed in various dance festivals and shows in Mumbai. Selected as an ambassador of Bharatanatyam to represent India at 'International Youth Festival-Spain' commencing in June.

What GMAT score should I aim for?

Hi, IIM A take 2 separate round of selection for its 1 yr PGPX course. Is there less scope of admission or less seats available if anyone apply through 2nd round of selection?

Dear All,  I am getting a lot of queries on the forum and on PM about the minimum GMAT score needed for PGPX. Please note that there is no minimum GMAT score requirement. The admissions committee will go through each application and evaluate it on a number of parameters. Some of the parameters are acad scores, GMAT score, job profile, current position, promotions, management experience, industry, international experience, extra-curriculars, certifications, additional degrees/diplomas etc. Applicants having GMAT scores as low as 530 or zero international experience or zero management experience or low acads, or lacking in a lot of other parameters have received calls for interviews, so your shortlisting depends on what you bring to the table.
My sincere advice is that do not shy away from applying. Do not spend time doubting or underestimating yourself. You may not know what you bring to the table. IIMA is by far the largest brand in India in management education, so do not give up without applying. You might just make it !  

Hi Sir, Please evaluate my profile for IIMA PGPX. 10th : 74%, 12th : 74%, B-tech (Mech): 7.94/10 10 Years of Oil and Gas experience as follows: 1. 18 Months in Essar Oil as Piping Engineer 2. 9 Years’ experience in major EPC Oil & Gas projects (1bn$+) as Project engineer/ Pipeline & piping engineer which includes engineering, procurement, bidding, tendering etc. Majority of projects are of middle east which are perated from India with frequent trips to site. Extra Currics : 1. Certified Project Manager from PMI (US) 2. Core Member of Quality Management Team of L&T 3. Selected in prestigious FLP training in L&T organized by faculty of institutes like IIMB, Mckinsey for fast track growth and future leadership 4. Won L&T ICON award for heavy cost saving done in a project. My query is as follows: 1.   I want to do this course to change my oil & gas profile as the industry is suffering from heavy losses and slow down and no Jobs in market. 2.   What should be my GMAT score to get a call 3.   I am having package of 22 lac whether the course will offer me any monetary benefits

Hi sanket, I have got 14 yrs of experience in a Power sector Utility (Reliance Group). I am B Tech from NIT Kurukshetra with 69% and have experience in various Departments but within same copmany . Have a Package around 32 lacs.

Have won numerous medals in sports and in extra curicular during college. Have been rated excellent 12 times out of 14 appraisals.GMAT 680. 10th and 12 th UP Board wih 1st and 2nd Division with  gap yrs. I have a deep desire to do an MBA . Pl suggest is it worth at my exp and  salary to g0 after and if yes then am a suitababe candidate. I have been part of some amazing projects and part of some turn around stories too.

Hello Sir,
 i work for an software company and currently having 60
 months of  experience. I have my marks as Class 10 - 78 , class 12 -64 , BE-6.75
 My carreer details are as follows:
 I have won numerous school scholarship certificates during my school  days. i Regularly run in marathons conducted for social events and have  won medals in it. I used to work for Helpage india  I have NGO  experience where i teach small childrens , this ngo is run by the  company where i work I was the part of the team which has bought million  pounds of project for my company I also have brought  new customers for  my client with my hardwork and was appreciated for it I have been in  the core team of my client when they acquired another company. I worked  for three projects when we acquired the project from another  company, i  made all the presentations and looked after all the  technical  requirements. I have a number of accolades from both my company and from  my clients. I single handedly provided fixes which saved my clients  millions of pounds every year.
 Can you please help if i wopuld be eligible for the course. I am giving GMAT in may