IIFT waitlist info.

Hi all, I am starting this thread to draw attention to the fact that i just got a mail from IIFT admission office. here are the contents. The waitlisted candidates can discuss their queries here. i am more or less decided on iitbombay.bu…

Hi all,
I am starting this thread to draw attention to the fact that
i just got a mail from IIFT admission office.
here are the contents.
The waitlisted candidates can discuss their queries here.
i am more or less decided on iitbombay.but for many of u guys this might be gr8 news.ATB for waitlisters.
andy.

The following letter has been sent to you through Speed Post today.
This is being sent to you through email also to ensure that you get the
same. YOU ARE REQUESTED TO CINFIRM THE RECEIPT OF THIS MAIL THROUGH
RETURN MAIL GIVING THE FOLLOWING DETAILS:
Roll No.
Name of the Candidate:
Father's Name:
Latest Address with Telephone no.:
D.O. No. TR/4(1)/XX/2005-2007 28th March 2005
Dear Candidate,
We are pleased to inform you that based on the admission test
comprising written examination, essay writing, group discussion and
interview, your name has been placed on the waiting list for admission
to Two-year MBA (International Business) 2005-07. We have already sent
admission offers to the selected candidates. They have been asked to
deposit fee latest by 29th April 2005.
You may be offered, subject to your relative position in the
merit list and availability, a seat in the above mentioned programme.
This is subject to the following conditions:
1. The wait-listed candidates are required to make advance
part-payment of Rs.5000/- through demand draft in favour of Indian
Institute of Foreign Trade payable at New Delhi latest by 29th April
2. If the candidate is given confirmed admission offer on
availability of seat after 29th April 2005, he/she will be required to
pay the balance amount within the prescribed time limit that will be
communicated subsequently.
3. If the candidate does not get confirmed admission offer due to
non-availability of seat, then the demand draft of the advance amount
of
Rs.5,000/- received by the Institute from the candidate will be
refunded.
4. If the wait-listed candidate is given confirmed admission offer
but does not pay the balance amount within the prescribed time limit,
the amount of advance payment made by the candidate to the Institute
will not be refunded.
You are requested to immediately communicate your concurrence if you
wish to be considered for admission after 29th April 2005 on
availability of seat in the Programme. If yes, a demand draft of
Rs.5000/- in favour of Indian Institute of Foreign Trade payable at New
Delhi will have to reach IIFT latest by 29th April 2005.
With best wishes,
Dr. L.D. Mago
Sr. Administrative Officer (Academics)
It is Virus free mail . (IIFT)

The mail i received has the mail ids of all other recepients in the to field..
this is the list...ive edited the mail ids since i cant post them as such.
congrats guys .
andy.

Anuj lakhotia, brijesh nain, deepak venugopal, gaurav narang, m ravi chandra
rahul malpani, rahul pacheriwala, saurabh 9 7, shraddha sanghi, alok ghoshal
ashish mansh, dugar siddharth, neha sutodia, prasit ghosh, samrat ghosh, saraf rahul, shivani malhotra, swapnil chugh, u 2 ashu, u z ashu, rishabh gupta, abhijit bhagwat, abhinav parihar, puri chaitanya, simon jacob, gitika nijhawan, harinder s, abhishek khandelia, aniket rege, aruna 1 1 5, deepali bhatia, divz 1 9, dugar nitesh, manav mathur, n sudhindra, pramod misra, rahul mewar, sachin malik 3, sam bhatt, swarnim haradwaj, amit goyal, tm 83, tripathy asuthosh, hitesh l, amit 6 1 7, ch seshagiri, k chitransh, vimalraj vr (this is me), phani kishor ec, s sumit, varun gupta , anant trips, angana jacob, ankit tandon, aravind amb, chandan, dinas manik, gaurav sahni, harpreet arora, mehru bajaj, op arya, pratik biyani, piyush singh, rickyy balii, rohit 5 1 8 6, s gaurav 7 9, shiti maheshwari, siddhant in, sireesh, swati dhawan, verma ajit, vikky vaibhav, vny

Me too waitlisted. Bit of a relief. 😃

I think the waiting list is about 70-75 strong, unless they have sent more than one email set. Unfortunately IIFT has not given any rank on the list - I don't think more than 40 will be finally cleared.

Can we have a poll of wait-listed candidates about whether they plan to take up some other institute (or have IIM GD calls) or if IIFT their best option?

i got the mail too. and now i have a biiiiiiiig dilemma.
of course not yet, coz we dun know if the people who have calls will choose to opt in.
i have a confirmed call from nitie. and don't know what to do. someone please tell me which parameters i have to look into if i have to chose an insti.
i know a few. please add on.
alumni, course content, pedagogy, infra, industrial interaction, student/faculty exchange, extra curriculars, mentorship program, placements, summer internship, location. if there is any other parameter, do let me know.
and if you have any comments on these parameters, or a link that explains it, then again.
I will be ..... highly obliged.

NX

Hi Andy..
my name is there in the list u send but i did'nt get the mail... :-(
can u send me the mail id which is there in the list.. thanx..
but most probably me will also join IITB...
rahul..

hi all

i got the email from iift. greatly relieved to see my name on the wait list, had been waiting for the list like mad!! if selected i am definetely joining iift (my best call)

can someone from delhi or the seniors at iift please confirm the total number of seats for this year? is it still 120 or been increased.

thanks vimalraj for posting the mail!
and all the very best to all on the wait list.

Hi,

I havent got the mail yet but saw my name among the people who have been waitlisted.. are they giving a waitlist number or are they just sayin tht u r waitlisted?

they have not given the numbers in the mail, it only says you are waitlisted, selection subject to availability of seats after 29th april. by the way u need to send a dd of 5000 bucks by 29th april to be considered in the wait list. and reply to their email as well

1 of my frenz recd. an email from iift ppl. intimating abt the wlist. My id also figures in it but am yet to rec. the same in my inbox....

Havin butterflies in stomach.... my best call.... desperate to convert it..

BIG Bz pl. help.....
mera inbox khali kyon hai bhai??????????????

I have got final call to IIFT and FMS (ms).

hi ANUJ LAKHOTIA I am Mohit and u remember me .

I am waiting for IIM calls tell me when is it expected to be out

1 of my frenz recd. an email from iift ppl. intimating abt the wlist. My id also figures in it but am yet to rec. the same in my inbox....

Havin butterflies in stomach.... my best call.... desperate to convert it..

BIG Bz pl. help.....
mera inbox khali kyon hai bhai??????????????

i got the email, mate.
but i did not get the speed post. wonder why.
did they send the email by mistake? i hear they have disclosed the waiting list rank in the letter. can't wait to lay my hands on the letter.

my name niether figures in the list nor have i received an email...well then curtains 4 me at iift....well sum guys have all the luck n sum guys all the pain(havent converted mdi, fms, xlri-bm,iift, iitb, Nitie )

I just received the letter. There is a label stuck on it which has my name and address and also the number '70'. I guess that is the WL number.

With a WL no. of 70 (out of 75 waitlisted), I don't think I have much of a chance.:(

Still, hoping for the best...:)

cat_a_moron Says
my name niether figures in the list nor have i received an email...well then curtains 4 me at iift....well sum guys have all the luck n sum guys all the pain(havent converted mdi, fms, xlri-bm,iift, iitb, Nitie )

man!!!!!
the calls you got. please, don't get disheartened. see, not everyone can get the kind of calls you have. so you've got your strengths. time to take stock of your weaknesses and file a PIL against the Gods.
Probably you should start a new thread and discuss what you could have done to convert all your calls. What are your plans anyway? I hope getting disheartened is not in the to do list.

I got the letter today. it says 30. is it the waiting list rank?

hi cat_a_moron,

plz don't get disheartened..me too had XLRI, MDI, IIT-D,B but couldn't convert NONE and what's more didn't even make it to the waitlists..but i have no regrets as mayb i'm not suited to doing an mba this yr..else these rejects doesn't make ne sense..mayb i don't have the skills which they need..after spending an yr or 2 at the job(currently a fresher) i hope gain in some confidence and knowledge(yes, i need that, in XL and IIT-B pi they destroyed me)..and then i'll give another shot..things can only become better from here..

i hope u have a job..a guy with so many calls ought to deserve 1..so in my opinion u should go for a job and do it sincerely..it will help u to improve ur personality..give u knowledge which will help u with the gds and pis among other things(at least u can then divert ur conversation to ur work ex then)..and as it is mba is meant for ppl with work ex..u can better relate to what they teach..see, u'll be in a better position to score well during MBA exams..u know what u're studying else u again start with all that ratafication which frankly speaking i, at least am fed up of(doing that all my life, need to do sumthing constructive now)..u'll be eligible for laterals..

Believe me..2 yrs down the line if u do an mba u'll be a much happier person(and a well paid 1 too)..

Stay Good,
Megawhiz

PS: my post is not an insult to those who r going to do an MBA w/o workex..it's just that u guys r more developed(in terms of knowledge and personality) and better suited to do an MBA right now..which is gr8..best of luck..
I just received the letter. There is a label stuck on it which has my name and address and also the number '70'. I guess that is the WL number.

With a WL no. of 70 (out of 75 waitlisted), I don't think I have much of a chance.:(

Still, hoping for the best...:)

did everyone get a different number on their name stickers?
if yes, that has to be the waiting list number...
did any1 confirm that with the IIFT ppl?
Sumit, if u are arnd, plz confirm this...

best of luck to every1...

regards

hi,

i have got the speed post...
if the number writte on the speed post is the WL number
then my number is 36....

can anyone tell me what are the chances of getting through...
thanks

hi same here didn't convert sp jain xlri-bm and iift but hav converted imt ghaziabad.if u were in my shoes wud u take it ?

hi cat_a_moron,

plz don't get disheartened..me too had XLRI, MDI, IIT-D,B but couldn't convert NONE and what's more didn't even make it to the waitlists..but i have no regrets as mayb i'm not suited to doing an mba this yr..else these rejects doesn't make ne sense..mayb i don't have the skills which they need..after spending an yr or 2 at the job(currently a fresher) i hope gain in some confidence and knowledge(yes, i need that, in XL and IIT-B pi they destroyed me)..and then i'll give another shot..things can only become better from here..

i hope u have a job..a guy with so many calls ought to deserve 1..so in my opinion u should go for a job and do it sincerely..it will help u to improve ur personality..give u knowledge which will help u with the gds and pis among other things(at least u can then divert ur conversation to ur work ex then)..and as it is mba is meant for ppl with work ex..u can better relate to what they teach..see, u'll be in a better position to score well during MBA exams..u know what u're studying else u again start with all that ratafication which frankly speaking i, at least am fed up of(doing that all my life, need to do sumthing constructive now)..u'll be eligible for laterals..

Believe me..2 yrs down the line if u do an mba u'll be a much happier person(and a well paid 1 too)..

Stay Good,
Megawhiz

PS: my post is not an insult to those who r going to do an MBA w/o workex..it's just that u guys r more developed(in terms of knowledge and personality) and better suited to do an MBA right now..which is gr8..best of luck..

Hello,

It seems to me from personal view point that serial no. given on top of ur address slip is the wait list no. coz I think that insti would prefer to give admission to people as per there ranking when it comes to waitlist rather than giving admission to everyone

The benefit of the process is that in case seats are left for admission; the insti can strtway contact PPL who are interested rather than delaying it by sending offers to PPL who aren't interested

HOWEVER, your name figuring in waitlist isn't gaurantee of your admsiion its hope that when your turn comes . there is still a seat remaining vacant.....
Cheers