IIFT 2007: Queries and Discussion

hi guys where to prepare for gk section in iift…what areas to look for…? plz help! cheers

hi guys where to prepare for gk section in iift.....what areas to look for......?
plz help!
cheers

hi guys where to prepare for gk section in iift.....what areas to look for......?
plz help!
cheers

From this years experience I would suggest regular reading of Competition Success Review magazine and one business magazine (BW or BT)....

This year they asked from all over..books, authors, sport, history, science, business, geography et all..

Regards
Tanveer

Hi,

Just wondering other than GK what else I need to do different for IIFT ?

These threads might help you:

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/how-was-iift-06-25011901
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/iift-gd-pi-experience-2007-2009-thread-25020801

Thanks for that question Ashwin.Other exams like XAT and JMET come much later than CAT.There will be only one week between CAT and IIFT Entrance ,so it will be difficult to prepare for anything specific to IIFT in that one week.So its better to start preparing as soon as possible for GK section.One more query,can we take the question paper of this test home bcoz in XAT we have to give the QP back?

Ashwath Bereke Says
Thanks for that question Ashwin.Other exams like XAT and JMET come much later than CAT.There will be only one week between CAT and IIFT Entrance ,so it will be difficult to prepare for anything specific to IIFT in that one week.So its better to start preparing as soon as possible for GK section.One more query,can we take the question paper of this test home bcoz in XAT we have to give the QP back?

last time iift didn't allow to take the question paper home.....

hi guys nice to see IIFT prep. well last year some GK cam from 2005 issues. so i guess it will be wise to revise some key 2006 issues

yes!!
i think we should start discussion on the key issues that took place in 2006..
can be from any field..sports to geography etc..
IIFT exam is just 1 week after CAT!!!

Hello to all you aspiring IIFTians out there..
Well, the exam in 2006 was very unexpected and tested patience for 2 complete hours..
Those who held on were able to crack it..
Frustis got rejected..
So, first preparation has to be mental for such an exam..
Be prepared and expect the unexpected..
Now onto studies..

GK: Well, keep yourselves updated with the various happenings as well as about CEOs and other top management people of the big shot companies.. This all will also help in GD/PI of all instis..

Quant, DI, Verbal: Prepare normally as for all entrance exams!!

The last date of filling up the form and reaching IIFT is 3rd September '07..

All the best to all you guys..

Hope to see some of you here @IIFT..

amit_2485 Says
last time iift didn't allow to take the question paper home.....

Hi,
IIFT did allow to take home question paper..

Thanks Robin for the update.Where can we get the actual IIFT entrance previous papers ??

Ashwath Bereke Says
Thanks Robin for the update.Where can we get the actual IIFT entrance previous papers ??

Try to get it from coaching instiz.
Delhi folks cn take it from me.

hi guys!!!!!!!!!!

I missed the IIFT this year by a whisker but definetly be the part of such a reputed institute next year.
I was Waitiling list Number ---1:(:(:( for IIFT-K.But destiny wants me to be in IIFT-D:):):):),so I think I can contribute significantly to this thread.

From today onwards I will post 15 GK questions everyday.......from different topics....
5 from dynamic GK(year 2006 events.)
5 from static GK(history...)
5 from Business GK..

This will help you in NMAT/SNAP also......If everbody agrees........then i will post it now............

Or if someone has to say or want to have different Number of question then he/she can raise his opinion asap.I think 15 is adecent NUmber per day....

Wat say puys???

hey i din give the xam last yr
but plan 2 give it dis yr for sure!
it will b great if u do post 15 QNS
and yEAH..can u also temme wich sources u studied GK From?
thx

hey i din give the xam last yr
but plan 2 give it dis yr for sure!
it will b great if u do post 15 QNS
and yEAH..can u also temme wich sources u studied GK From?
thx

Hi,
Gr8 to see ur enthusiasm.....

See i have different sources for GK..
either by magazines or by site like rediff or by BQuest by business line..But dont bother once we start this thread you will get the best material for GK.........

First set...
DG

1.Director general of CISF?
2.state ranked first in Composite educational development Index?
3.Asian weightlifting champion 2007 held recently in?
4. Who is Kurt Vonneguet?
5. For Central Civil services exam the attempts has been increased from ___ to ______ for disabled..

BG

Mosar bear has picked up 40% stake in ________ a solar silicon production Company.The company is from ...............
"Huggies" and "Depends" diapers are from Which US major Giant?
KNB is investment ARm of which Asian BAnk
Matrix laboratories(hyderabad based) is 71% owned by................
Reliance industry is setting a chemical plant in JAMNAGAR in Gujrat in collabration with US major...?

SG

"Daughter of east" Autography of..?
Who is legally competent to declare War or conclude peace in INDIA?
Which element is present in all acids?
Production composition of stainless steel
Pole star is a part of which constellation?

Happy solving............

DG-Dyanamic GK
BG-Business GK
SG -static GK

Hi puys!
Has the provision to fill up iift forms online started?
i tried to access the iift form online but the link Admissions 2008 is not opening:neutral:..
is anyone facing the same problem or has the link not yet been activated?

Hi puys!
Has the provision to fill up iift forms online started?
i tried to access the iift form online but the link Admissions 2008 is not opening:neutral:..
is anyone facing the same problem or has the link not yet been activated?

the link is active now ,please check,i checked it just now
jha ji Says
the link is active now ,please check,i checked it just now

No the link is not working . I tried yesterday also.Now also its givin the same error
"
Gateway Timeout
The following error occurred:
A gateway timeout occurred. The server is unreachable. Retry the request.

Please contact the administrator. "

try it out :http://www.iift.edu/iift/index.asp