IIFT Gd Pi Experience 2007-2009 Thread

632 Posts  ·  132 Users
About this group
hi Junta, Since, the IIFT interviews start today, kindly post your IIFT GD PI experiences here....it would be useful for those appearing for it later... Please give the essay topics, GD topic...also is the pattern same as it was last tim...
Page 1 of 64
Quoting tatimatla vbmenu_register("postmenu_671856", true); experience today

Probably the first one to post the experience here...
The Essay/GD/PI process kicked off today at 9.45 in the morning.

The Essay was: "Spirtualism in India is regaining the ground."

The paragraphs I stressed on were as follows:
1. How colonalism led to the disregard of spirtualism
2. How spirtualism potrays a great picture of India abroad.
3. How the work of institutes like Ramakrishna mission, Aastha channel (Swami Ramdev) are catching up with the masses.
4. A morning walk in any residential area potrays the picture...India is slowly turning spirtual.
5. BUT...it is common among the older people than the youth...to really regain its lost ground, importance must be paid to spirtual awareness among the Indian youth.

The GD was on: "Is Foreign investment in the Education sector good for India?"
There were 11 of us...and it was a bad bad bad GD...it was a fish market from the beginning to the end.
The start itself was bad...ppl started off with opinions...I tried hard to bring in some structure...of no avail.
Junta please remember...all those who start off the GD's, put in the structure initially...that's what earns most of the points.
The best part of my GD was the moderation...I actually took over and silenced all those who wanted to make the GD look like a fish market...only those people spoke whom I wanted to speak.
The conclusion was even worse...indeed there wasn't any conclusion...it was a fish market all along.
I hope some of the ppl who are gonna have the GDs in the future take care of these misgivings.

The interview left with me no good feeling either.
My interview lasted about 8-10 minutes.

There were two interviewers, both women...another man joined in later.
One interviewer was wearing a punjabi deress (P) and the other one with a saree (S).
I am the bakra (B)

P: Inroduce yourself, in short.
B: blah...really short.
P: You mentioned something about leadership position in a firm. What is the difference between leader and manager.
B: Leader is a generalized version of a manager. Manager is a corporatized version of a leader. Manager has pre-defined tasks and deadlines...blah...I had a feeling that the interview panel wasn't convinced.
S: You have been in embedded systems throughout...how do u think IIFT will help you.
B: If I wanted to be in Embedded Systems throughout, I would have gone into research (an MS in the US). The main reason why I entered into the corporate world is with a purpose of attaining a leadership position. I have, over two years established a technical base that would aid me in any position in a technological firm. I look up to IIFT to imbibe in me the necessary business knowldge that would help me in running a business. (now this was totally unintended...I didn't mention anything about being an enterpreneur)
P: Now how is the enterpreneurship scene in India?
B: talked about how india is loaded with enterpreneurs, especially the retail sector.
P: now...is running a kirana store enterpreneurship
B: definitely...they have their own businesses, their own targets, they employ people...definitely. Only difference is that they don't have the technical details about running a business.
P: If you were to open an exports firm, what would you do?
B: I would first of all zero in on the place where I am gonna sell a product. I would then promote the product.
S: Do you mean to say that you are doing market research before you develop a product.
B: I assumed that we already have a product. (S smiles). OK...I develop a product, conduct market research, promote the product in the area we're gonna sell and finally ship the product. We then look after the smooth running of the operations. After we conduct these operations for 2-3 years, we then assess ourselves and decide on the future course of action.
S: Now if you get a seat in IIFT, you would remain in Embedded systems...right?
B: eh? Mam, I am extremely serious about the MBA program at IIFT, I look at this program as a stepping stone for my career. If I stay back as an Embedded Systems Engineer, I would become an SME, in which I would have done better pursuing an MS.
P: We don't doubt your seriousness B...if u weren't serious, you wouldn't have been here...
B: Eggjactly

P: OK...thank you very much.
B: thank you very much.

Overall...the only thing that left me in bad taste was that the interview lasted only for 8-10 mins...I thought I did a good job in some of the questions...my opinion...the interview was more of a psychometric test.

Verdict:
Essay : 7/10
GD: 7/10
Interview: 7/10

Hope is all I can do.

Hiiii!!!!

In your Gdpi experience you mentioned about you controlling the fish market situation for a moment & you talked to the people you wanted to????
Please tell me how do u dominate a gd without actually being viewed as a dominator....
I never get it when people say they controlled the gd. how can we do that????
Please help!!!!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

:idea: gsgsdf

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
niraj_sh4u Says
I think ur GD/PI was quite gud....So finally u have been selected or not...?

Please do not Bump into Old threads
This thread is for the GD PI exp of ppl who appeared for IIFT last year.

Mods - Can we please close this 1?
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I think ur GD/PI was quite gud....So finally u have been selected or not...?

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

hey congratulations to all who converted!!!!!!! and dont worry who has not coz 2nd list might come out.
Can sumbody who has converted can tell us what is the last date of payment and other details so dat we can figure wen the 2nd list would come out,if there is ny possibility.
Die another day.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey congrats to all the puys who converted their IIFT calls !!
way to go !!
ALL THE BEST guys:) !!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

yippee!!! me 2 got my name in
List of Candidates selected for MBA (IB) 2007-09

yeah!!!

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi All,

A mute spectator till this moment...
Just saw my result on IIFT website..
Got thru atlast

But I could not understand how they will give final calls to successful candidates regarding DELHI or KOLKATA

Can anybody have idea how they exercise their choice or they 'll ask from us??
Thanks a lot for all your support

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey Guys!!!!

IIFT Delhi campus converted ( Delhi was confirmed by admissions office, So u mite wanna try aswell).

But as always with me that was not without exitment aswell. Searced for "Mandeep" but could only find Mr Bhatia there. Heartbroken, scrolled through the list scowling at each name and somehow a "MANDEEEP" was sitting there with my roll no. Called up IIFT and confirmed.

Got SPJAIN on 25/March/2007.

Best Regards
Mandeep

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...