How to prepare for GMAT?

Hi,

Can someone help me to know the classes should I join for GMAT preparation ?

In NOIDA.

Hi guys, I am going to give cat this year and plan to give gmat a month after it. Is it a good idea? If yes, what extra things shall I study and what material shall I use?

Dr.Sushma Jha

Mob.: +91-9891333772

Call her. She will help you with verbal. She takes online classes.

She is really good.

Please refrain from joining any group study batches or institutes.

They are of no help.

Also , join GMATCLUB / BEAT THE GMAT / MANHATTAN GMAT for 

EVERYTHING Related to GMAT

Hi guys, can someone tell me the official GMAT books? I have GMAT Review( The official Guide) 11th edition which has all the 3 sections(quants, verbal and AWA) , however the author here says in case of more Quants and verbal , buy the official quants guide and verbal guide. Can someone tell me what those books are? will it be needed or the one i have now will do? IF no, can some one send the link to download both the official guides.?     Thanks a lot  fellas.!!

Hi All,

I have my gmat exam on 15 of this month and I am taking kaplan gmat premier 2013 test series. I scored 710, 650, 740 in three tests. I wanted to know how reliable are these tests to gauge my preparations. Please suggest.

Also, kindly recommend any other test except gmat prep.

Regards.

Here are few things you can do to do well at GMAT:

1. If you are just starting your preparation, start with a mock test. This will make you familiar with the test format and also help you identify your strong and weak areas
2. If you plan to do self study, get your hands on the best preparatory material available in the market. You can speak to your seniors, get feedback on forums like pagalguy to seek out the best in the market
3. Joining a coaching institute is recommended because it gives a structure to your preparation. Remember cracking GMAT is not just about working hard but working smart as well
4. Make a study time table for yourself that suits you best. You can start with spending 2 hours every day and as you move closer to your test date, start increasing your study hours
5. Keep taking mock tests in real test taking situations. However, more important than taking a mock test is to analyse your performance in the same. If you spend 2 hours on a mock test, spend 6 hours in analysing the same. Figure out ways by which you can continuously keep improving your score
7. Make sure you stay consistent with your schedule. This is extremely important

While you are preparing for GMAT, make sure you have your eyes on the larger goal which is to get an admit from the best schools. A good overall profile is also important apart from a good GMAT score.

Consult an expert and make sure you are simultaneously working on making your profile better if required

One last advice: Write your GOAL on a piece of paper and paste it in front of your study table. Whenever you feel distracted or low on energy, make sure you look at your GOAL

For any specific queries, please do let us know and we would be happy to help

To reiterate what Manya Abroad said: take a practice test and make a plan.

The two most important things in planning a study schedule are 1) the increase you need, and 2) the time frame you have. Figure out how much time you can dedicate to studying--both number of weeks, and hours per weeks. Then, take a practice exam or two (you can get them free from www.mba.com, the official GMAT site) and figure out how your score compare to your target institutes. That will tell us a lot more about your needs and goals, and will make it much easier to recommend the best resources for you!

We would like to highlight one point from our earlier post. While it is important to study hard and target a particular score in GMAT, it is equally important to work on your profile. Build up a multi-faceted profile which can help you stand apart from other students. Also, everything in your profile should be such that it is linked or is there with a certain purpose. That helps to explain why you chose to do something during interviews. 

Hi I am facing an issue while registering in gmat site to book exam. After saving my details I am getting message that my details will be verified by the gmat team in 2 days. But my friends didnt get any such message. they were able to book their slots smoothly. so i tried one more account. again i got the same response. can someone tel me why its happening. i really need to book slots for gmat.. the slots r filling fast. also considering today is friday will they not b working tomo and on sunday. pls reply soon

HI, I want to know about Mba or pg diploma in management courses in India and abroad as well . I did btech in 2011 pass out and has 3.5 year or experience in it mnc now i am working with hcl . i want to pursue mba that too for one year please guide me how to go about it and if i do mba after scoring a decent score of 600 to 700 will i be able to get a decent job i mean some of my friend are doing one yr pg in management from texas university that jindal one in usa and i dont know what there fee structure and what would be scenario of there placement and will they be able to develop prolific management skills and what about placements ,  i want to know how much a one yr management course or diploma  cost in other countries and India as well and will i be able to get package after spending so much money because i will be talking loan for studies. please friends guide me first fee structure on average and package after GMAT college in India and other counties .

Hello,

When it comes to material, remember that anything that is NOT official is NOT reliable and hence the GMAT Prep tests must be the backbone of your preparation. This is how you can space the 4 tests that GMAT gives you. 

GMAT Prep test 1

Cover all the basics. This can be from the OG, VR and QR. 

GMAT Prep test 2

Now practice using questions. You will solve questions from OG, VR, QR and the Test prep pack that GMAC has to give. 

GMAT Prep Test 3

Analyse all these three tests and come up with top 3 problem areas each in SC, CR, RC and Quant. WOrk on them. 

GMAT Prep test 4

Now just start refining your weakness areas and keep working on them.

Hope that helps. 

And, if you haven't considered CrackVerbal to assist you for your GMAT Prep, then its high time. We give you a study plan and 100s of Official questions to practice from in addition to our exceptional techniques that are tailor made for Indian Students. 

All the best 

Saikiran Dudyala

Hi Everyone,

1. Start with a mock test. This will help you identify your strong and weak areas

2. If you plan to do self study, get your hands on the best preparatory material available in the market. You can speak to your seniors, get feedback on forums like pagalguy to seek out the best in the market

3. Joining a coaching institute is recommended because it gives a structure to your preparation. Remember cracking GMAT is not just about working hard but working smart as well

4. Make a study time table for yourself that suits you best. You can start with spending 2 hours every day and as you move closer to your test date, start increasing your study hours

5. Keep taking mock tests in real test taking situations. However, more important than taking a mock test is to analyse your performance in the same. If you spend 2 hours on a mock test, spend 6 hours in analysing the same. Figure out ways by which you can continuously keep improving your score

6. Make sure you stay consistent with your schedule. This is extremely important. In case, you have any further queries, please do let us know and we would be happy to help.

www.manyagroup.com

Hello All , 

I am new to this forum. Very happy to see such a platform to discuss everything and anything about education.

I am looking for some help on GMAT coaching. I am thinking to attempt it in next 4-5 months. I am doing it for the first time. I live near by Marathahalli. So looking for one near by. I am away from my academics almost for 10 years. So not sure if I can go for online classes or direct classroom is preferable. Main preference is not to spend too much time in travelling.

Please help in suggesting suitable GMAT coaching centers for me and how to start.

Thank you in advance.

Hi I am also a GMAT aspirant,I would like to know which coaching centre is good in Bangalore.so that I can enroll for the same,how many months of prep is required .If I start in april when can I appear for the exam.

Best study material for GMAT quant??

I need Aristotle SC grail 3rd EDition! Anyone? TIA

Mgmat ebooks anyone?

Hi all my egmat login is valid till 20th Jan'20 covering complete unused quant+verbal video lessons+weekend classes+complete scholaranium section untouched. Also are free Gmat club mock tests included. Please contact 9953923401 ..

Hi Everyone,

I have E-Book for GMAT Official Guide 2021,2020,2019&2018 available .  

Send me direct message if interested !!

To Contact me on WhatApp ,Click here ->  https://api.........com/send?phone=+919899826126

Mob: +91 9899826126