How MBA will help a Software Engineer

Hi Friends, First time posting in a non-technical forum. I am a Senior Software Engineer in an MNC in Bangalore with around 5 years of experience and currently a team lead. I am planning to pursue MBA from a weel known institutions like ISB …

Hi Friends,
First time posting in a non-technical forum.
I am a Senior Software Engineer in an MNC in Bangalore with around 5 years of experience and currently a team lead.
I am planning to pursue MBA from a weel known institutions like ISB and i am planning to join a course for GMAT test preparation.
Can anybody tell me how can i get benefited in my career with an MBA?

Regards,
Saeed

Hi Friends,
I am a Senior Software Engineer in an MNC in Bangalore with around 5 years of experience and currently a team lead.
I am planning to pursue MBA from a weel known institutions like ISB and i am planning to join a course for GMAT test preparation.

Regards,
Saeed

Hi Saeed,
Welcome! :-)
There are specific threads to answer each and every question of yours. If you have any specific gmat query, post here,
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-query-center-2008-09-25035266

If you want to pursue your MBA abroad, then please refer to this,
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/phoren-b-school-2009-aspirants-25026091

If you are looking at getting into ISB, then there is a dedicated thread for ISB 2011 aspirants.

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/isb-class-of-2011-aspirants-25037061

Last, you should know how MBA is going to help your career. I guess you can start your preps once you have nailed on that question.!! 😃
Cheers,
Hi Friends,

Regards,
Saeed

Well saeed, there are few questions which can be answered by self introspection. And as far as I feel/experienced this is One question which can be answered by yourself.

Hello Friends,

I'm working as a Software engineer, and having five years of work experience. I'm purely into all technical work with no lead/managerial experience.

I wanted to do MBA few years back, but could not do. Now i'm not sure how much an MBA will boost my carrer. I'm just narrowing down my options(for MBA) and thinking to go for an executive MBA(only if i get good college).

I need your opinion for below questions,

a)How much vertical growth i can expect once my executive MBA is done?

b)How much i might benefit in terms of CTC(job offers)?

c)Will the compaines consider my current work experience, and offer me appropriate roles?

I hope there might be many like me, who must have experience a similar kind of confusion..dilemma. Your opinion is much sought and awaited.

Thanks..

What does it need to transform your career from software development to product management?