Phoren B-school 2009 aspirants

279 Posts  ·  142 Users
About this group
Nope!! There isn't a typo in the title.. :: This thread is for those of us who don't want to rush at the eleventh hour, those who are clear what they want one year from now and who plan to spend the next one year moving towards their final des...
Page 1 of 28

i wish to apply to Ivy league b-skools next year. I hv a gmat score of 730. i have been working for my family business full time after my graduation completed this year but part time i have been associated with it for the last 4 yrs. Will that help? Do u think even next year will be any early to apply? Our family business of construction has a good name in the cities we have our projects in.

U mite hv found this qs absurd but i need to to do my mba within the next 3 yrs, 4 at max and in case there are very slim chances to get admitted to Ivy Colgs nxt yr, i will give my best shot at IIMs where i have a better chance of getting into at this age as compared to Ivy.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
I've received a mail from ESMT Berlin. I could not find any active thread on this program. They seem to offer good scholarships.

Can anybody please advise if it is a good place for somebody with 8+ years of experience and a GMAT of 700 / Btech from an NIT in ECE. particularly in the current situation.

Regards
Umesh

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi
I've got an offer from the London School of Economics, for their MSc in Accounting and Finance program. At the same time I also have an offer from the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), Delhi for their MBA program.

Now I gotta choose one and am not being able to do so. Firstly, a little more about my profile -
BBA (Hons.) with a specialization in Finance from St. Xavier's College, Kolkata.
I'm also a qualified CFA from ICFAI, Hyderabad. I'm also pursuing the CFA Program from CFA Institute, USA, and am a Level 2 Candidiate.
I will have 2 years' experience by August 2009 in Financial Analytics, Consulting and Valuation of Companies.
Excellent extra-curriculars.

I'm unable to decide which program to choose. It would be good if someone could advise.

Cheers!
Ankit

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hey PGs...
M plannin 2 take GMAT in Aug 2009... Bt have NO IDEA about the SCHOLARSHIP part...

To what extent can we get a scholarship... n what is it based on???

Hi Pranav
The scholarship part comes in after you have secured admission into a B-School. Typically, every business school has scholarships that are offered on a need + merit basis. Some universities have special scholarships for candidates from particular nationalities.

The thumbrule for Indians is to consider a scholarship of about 25% of the tuition fees assuming you have a 700+ GMAT Score, Good Acads and Extra-Curriculars. Depending on your personal case and university that you are applying for, your scholarship can go upto a full tuition waiver also.

Its extremely difficult to answer your question definitely with the information available. My take is that you should try to maximize your GMAT score for now and aim at securing admission in a top notch business school. The rest will fal into place for sure....
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hey PGs...
M plannin 2 take GMAT in Aug 2009... Bt have NO IDEA about the SCHOLARSHIP part...

To what extent can we get a scholarship... n what is it based on???

PRANAV KHATTAR || Goa Institute of Management || 2012-14
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
iLive_GMAT Says
anyone for the michigan state Broad school of business

hi !
Are u looking for this ?
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/michigan-state-univ-broad-interviews-and-admission-2008-25027210

Good luck!! 😃
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

anyone for the michigan state Broad school of business

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

I am a fresher and will be passing out in may 2009(:)..got calls from few iits this year,but i m drawn towards the phoren b-schools..hence, i have few questions:

1. Considering gmat score is valid for 5 yrs, can i give my gmat before joining my company(my joining is in october'09)i.e. without work ex and apply for phoren schools an year or two later??will it have any negative impact??

2. If i give gmat this october(just before joining),when should i start preparing for the same?(my iit gd-pi's will end in march)

3.as i still have few yrs before i start applying,what sort of jobs,activities should i be involved in to make my sop more appealing?

4.do all(us,uk,singapore) phoren schools conduct interviews also after considering the gmat score?

5.financial aid/scholarship scenario in various phoren b-schools(us,singapore)?

P.S. I hope this is an appropriate thread for these sort of queries and am sorry if some of my questions seem silly.

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...

Hi,
Anyone joining the University of florida, warrington school of business??????

undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...
Hi Guys,
I have the following prep material with me. people from bangalore can contact me thorugh pm OR call me at 9986334324.

OG11
KAPLAN 800
OG QUANT
OG VERBAL
MONTAUK getiing into MBA
PRINCETON REVIEW GMAT
MANHATTAN CR & RC
Kaplan TOEFL

Note: Kaplan GMAT preparation material with lots of practice questions is free with the above.

dude, seriously, why dont u sell in amazon along with ur freebie?
Same post in 8 different forums!! too bad!!
undefined
Write a comment
Write a comment...