How many months of preparation for CAT

Hello everyone. I am going to appear for CAT 2009 and currently studying at IMS. How many months of serious preparation is required for decent percentile in CAT ?

Hello everyone. I am going to appear for CAT 2009 and currently studying at IMS. How many months of serious preparation is required for decent percentile in CAT ?

Zangetsu Says

i will say 7-10 months depending upon ur own caliber. i got 92% by spending around 5 months
Seniors.....Please HELP

I am a fresher...completed my graduation in April 2008...and prepared 3 months for CAT...and I got 85.61%ile...but i feel if i give CAT 1 more shot (i.e. in 2009)...i can do much better...now shud i go for a drop or not???
'cos i am afraid that even if I achieve a gr8 score this year...the drop factor (coupled with the fact that i am a fresher) might put off the people who take interviews at good colleges and i wud end up in a point-of-no-return situation!!!
Zangetsu Says

Purely Depending on your comfortable levels.
But i think 6-8 months should be good enough.
You need to know your strong and weak points so that you know where you need to focus on.
Seniors.....Please HELP

I am a fresher...completed my graduation in April 2008...and prepared 3 months for CAT...and I got 85.61%ile...but i feel if i give CAT 1 more shot (i.e. in 2009)...i can do much better...now shud i go for a drop or not???
'cos i am afraid that even if I achieve a gr8 score this year...the drop factor (coupled with the fact that i am a fresher) might put off the people who take interviews at good colleges and i wud end up in a point-of-no-return situation!!!

Purely on how you feel about it.
I am almost in the same situation and i have decided to go ahead and target 2009. Feel free to contact me if you have any other issues.

Well , it all depends on ur caliber and ur self belief
I believe , one is generally aware how he is in Maths or not.. or how gud has been is Eng+vocab till now.. CAT is all bout ur aptitude and i believe it takes in account everythin u ve studied till date , u knw da 9th maths nd stuff.. so if u ve da right attitude nd aptitude a gud dedicated hard work of 6-7 months shud get u in around a gud decent percentile domain..
Take help f ur coachin people , dey'l guide u..
1 more thing practise things on a daily basis , dont jus leave things nd den again start..
It's all relative at the end f da day..mebbe a 99.99% guy wud ve just given mocks nd done it nd mebbe 85% must have studied his life out.. so its all relative..
Analyse urself and den go ahead..noone can really guide u as to how much tym ur gonna need.. so ur da BEST JUDGE!!

Purely on how you feel about it.
I am almost in the same situation and i have decided to go ahead and target 2009. Feel free to contact me if you have any other issues.

hi trevis,
am having similar situation, aiming for 2012. can you tell me how was urs in 2009? it will be a guiding influence to me. thanks

hi bro... i see ur new here..... ::

this is a dead thread......

please make use of the search option on the home page and find relevant threads to post ur queries....

please post ur queries here.....

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/personal-career-cat-job-dilemma-queries-a-repository-25009670