how is academic acievement evaluated in US universities

ok i admit i dont have stellar acads…that why i have the query… i am from a no-name engg. college with a 64% marks…i understand these marks/university name dont get people anywhere in life but then i did make some preety good advanceme…

ok i admit i dont have stellar acads...that why i have the query...

i am from a no-name engg. college with a 64% marks....i understand these marks/university name dont get people anywhere in life but then i did make some preety good advancement in career and want to prove people wrong about importance of academic credentials :))

however, i may not be exactly successful when it comes to convincing the adcom

thus i want to know the following:

1. will my acads pose a serious threat to my application if i am planning to apply at a rance of 10 to 20 ranked univs....
2. how will i be compared...among other indian applicants...or some other method (maybe convert % to GPA and compare with entire pool of applicants)
3. how can i mitigate the effects of poor acads....are there any courses i can take in Delhi university etc...i have a 700 gmat at present and some decent extras....

Hi Hanu!

Request you to read the posts #306 & 307 ... in the following forum (Page 13)

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/the-countdown-to-mba-25010794

I think this will give you fare idea of the scenario .. and also the difference between Desi and Bidesi Varsities to some extent!