The Countdown to MBA

326 Posts  ·  63 Users
About this group
*EDIT: This thread was primarily started to jot down my random ramblings on the GMAT. Since then I have already taken the test and am on the way apping to Bschools. * *Pages 1 - 5 : Talk about my GMAT preping experience* *Pages 6/7 : Talk abou...
Page 1 of 33

Thanks Prit_Spirit - your kind words motivate me.

Mods/Neo - am not sure if it is time to close/lock this thread.

Arun

India's fastest growing GMAT & GRE Test Prep Company: http://crackverbal.com
Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me how many wrongs can be afforded in GMAT verbal and quant sections for a section score of around 48? I ask this because for equal no of questions wrong, I see a drastic difference in scores of tests from different courses.

Thanks in advance

rish90

Hi Arun,

I know not whether you frequent this thread anymore or whether you would read this post of mine,yet it would be downright inappropriate of me to move on without a comment.

Was doing my ground work on GMAT preparation when I rather fortunately came across this thread.
Little would you have realized back in 2005 about the amount of inspiration and insight it would wield to a some-one in 2010.

I know you would have got plenty of this,STILL, thanks for the chronicle dude.

Hope life is serving you well.Adieu!

hello PD,
I took my gmat on the 23rd of Dec ' 08 and my score is V:23 and Q:48.
inspite of some rigourous practice I failed to get a gud score in verbal, however, I have still not given up hopes of gettin a score of 720+, but for that I need some guidance, like where to start form, which material to study and how to go abt my prep. Below is the list of books tat i referred to durin my prep for the xam.

OG-11
Kaplan 800
Section Tests of 800score.com
kaplan verbal tests
Princeton review

Inspite of meticulously doin all the rules in SC, it still is an area of concern for me
My accuracy is hardly 70%. In RC, I get trapped in the twists and turns in the struecture of the passage.
CR is somethin which I am able to do wid an accuracy of 85%.
Pl. guide me on how shud i go abt prep agin for this xam.

Regards
Nitin

I have PMed you my email id. Mail me there and we can take it up!

Arun

hello PD,
I took my gmat on the 23rd of Dec ' 08 and my score is V:23 and Q:48.
inspite of some rigourous practice I failed to get a gud score in verbal, however, I have still not given up hopes of gettin a score of 720+, but for that I need some guidance, like where to start form, which material to study and how to go abt my prep. Below is the list of books tat i referred to durin my prep for the xam.

OG-11
Kaplan 800
Section Tests of 800score.com
kaplan verbal tests
Princeton review

Inspite of meticulously doin all the rules in SC, it still is an area of concern for me
My accuracy is hardly 70%. In RC, I get trapped in the twists and turns in the struecture of the passage.
CR is somethin which I am able to do wid an accuracy of 85%.
Pl. guide me on how shud i go abt prep agin for this xam.

Regards
Nitin

I am looking forward towards an MBA from US within next few years. I prepared for CAT dis yr and expecting arnd 98%ile. I am in final yr of my grad..

1st of all wen shud i start preparing fr GMAT and when shud i give the GMAT? is dr ne separate coaching reqd? and how shud i go abt it? shud i join 1 of the so many coaching ins?

thnks a lot in advance...

Whoaa! This is the wrong thread and your questions are too generic. Do some research on the forums first please

Arun

I am looking forward towards an MBA from US within next few years. I prepared for CAT dis yr and expecting arnd 98%ile. I am in final yr of my grad..

1st of all wen shud i start preparing fr GMAT and when shud i give the GMAT? is dr ne separate coaching reqd? and how shud i go abt it? shud i join 1 of the so many coaching ins?

thnks a lot in advance...

Neo - glad to be of help as you might have seen from our email exchanges. If I can give back even 10% of what I know to help people from struggling I will be more than glad.

On another note - I just wanted to update that I got a ding from Said Business School.
As I wrote somewhere else on the forum I still think I have the steam to take on IMD, INSEAD. But I won't worry about it till next year - because I might even need to retake the GMAT.
Arun

Ohhh..Sad abt Said B school ding:( ..anyways IMD,INSEAD for u now

I won't worry about it till next year ?? didnt get that point. So u wud app for 09 fall or 10 fall??

PS: didnt get reply to my last mail

Neo

Neo - glad to be of help as you might have seen from our email exchanges. If I can give back even 10% of what I know to help people from struggling I will be more than glad.

On another note - I just wanted to update that I got a ding from Said Business School. Perhaps the timing of my application or something wrong with my profile. Unlike the last time (in 2005 with LBS and ISB) this time the application was pretty well-planned, nicely proof-read and even my career growth has been pretty significant. so don't know what else was wrong.

As I wrote somewhere else on the forum I still think I have the steam to take on IMD, INSEAD. But I won't worry about it till next year - because I might even need to retake the GMAT. Plus age is not exactly on my side :wink: :wink: And I don't have the same enthu as Prem Ravi (who is in my age bracket ) to pursue with the same gusto.

Arun

Two months ago, When i discussed with some of my PG frens abt my plans for GMAT, Pendy(yes, keerti pendyal) said.."Did you go thru the thread by PD? y dont u seek his suggestions?"

I thot "well..i cud go thru that thread anytime" but i never did

and after 2 months, another fren krsh.vik today gave me the link for this thread . This time i decided i wud go after PD

Boy!! 32 page posts spanning for over 3 yrs ..i read all of them with only a half hour break in b/w

This thread is a rollercoaster MBA journey..from beginning to end(not fully though)..

The +ves i got to learn in these 2.30 hr posts journey -> i guess i shud show it in my test result which is in less than 2 months from now.

I expected to read more abt post-gmat process preferably to know more abt US b schools and stuff..but the choices of PD as we all know were very limited ... but i hope personally i cud seek advice any time from PD until i get thru my choice of B school next year:grin:

Good luck PD..wud mail u if u r not in this thread anymore..

Neo