GMAT Coaching in Mumbai

Hi all. I am looking for good GMAT coaching classes in Mumbai. Can some one suggest which is the best coaching institute for GMAT? I intend to take my GMAT in July end so I have three months to prepare. Thanks

Hi all. I am looking for good GMAT coaching classes in Mumbai. Can some one suggest which is the best coaching institute for GMAT? I intend to take my GMAT in July end so I have three months to prepare. Thanks

yobahadur Says

hi
prof santosh is good in noesis education . He teaches me English for CAT and I guess he takes GMAT too...try this guy ....hes excellent....but u can form ur opinion after attending demo

cheers
ySr

Check out for prof manish Vijay(Future Propel) powai.
Let me know if u need more info

Thanks guys for the info. Much appreciated.
I would also like to know if you know of any student(s) who have done courses from future propel (vaibhav1483, please reply) or have taken coaching from prof santosh(ysr, please reply). I would like to speak to those students and get an idea for what the classes and teaching is like. Thanks guys.

Hey Yobahadur,

Although it is based online, I would check out Test Prep Online for GMAT, LSAT, and SAT Exams with Knewton. I only used the free practice exam on their website, but it tailors the prep to your strengths and weaknesses which is pretty neat.

I found this quote really interesting on their website:

"Knewton has rendered every other test prep company totally obsolete." - Greg Rorke, former CEO of Kaplan.

Good luck on the GMAT!

-Anurag

i want the address

Just a suggestion...for GMAT takers...Dont ever try Future Propel......I have wasted 20k. There are few reviews already put on this website, please read them. I 100% agree with the views put for Future Propel.

(http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-classes-in-mumbai-25047661)

I want to share a bad experience with my all the GMAT aspirants from Mumbai. i had recently enrolled in Future propel classes in Mumbai.i got to know about them from an add in the internet and they seemed very convincing about their GMAT coaching and their strategies. They charged me a fee of Rs 30,000. I expected that the centre would give me something in return.There is only one guy handling future Propel and he claims to be some IIM aluminus .He was very confident that with my profile he can help me to breach 740 and he made me believe it. But i was very wrong. Future Propel collected the whole fee on the first day and taught me some basic maths for first week. I started to realise that there was something wrong. I found that the teacher couldnt answer my simple doubts. He is one big zero in english and in no way helped me to progress in my verbal. Infact all i was asked to do was solve more questions.The only material that he has is the free downloads from the internet, which was available with me too.The guy makes the students to do manhattan test over and over again till the students are familiar with all the questions and when they score 640 ( being familiar with all qns any school kid can score 640) he says that its equallant to 740 in real GMAT and urges the student to take the test. Yes i fell in this trap too and ended up scoring 580 in my real GMAT!!

He just asks students to solve questions from og,kaplan and princeton. thats it. the only funda the teacher gives is practice, practice and i will get 740. why would i go to a coaching center paying Rs 30000 only to get this advise!!!!
The only thing they do at future propel is invest lot of time in Google putting adwords to get more clicks and fake more students like me.

"Infact I have also gone through the same phase."

i would like to take back my comments

I am preparing for GMAT and would be taking up the exam by July end. Dose anyone know of the private tutor for Quant. I stay in Andheri East.

Please continue here
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-classes-in-mumbai-25047661

Locked.

I have also started preparing for my GMAT and planning to give in Aug 2010.I am based in Mumbai (Andheri) .
My Profile:
B.Tech(5.99/10.00)
Work Ex:6 years
International Experience:18 months
Worked with very good co at good capacity
I am looking for good coaching classes too.
Help me out with one,i have loads of material.
I think coaching classes would help me.
what is ur opininion.
Yep targeting for Exec MBA .
Thx

hey ,
we are forming a group can anyone advise me that how we can meet and where??

I personally would prefer online classes or online preps to classes in Mumbai...

Knewton, Mastergmat, Grockit, are some of the reasonably priced online preps available...

Hey! Did you take the GMAT? who did you go to for GMAT coaching? any sugestions on who is good in mumbai?

(http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/gmat-classes-in-mumbai-25047661)

I want to share a bad experience with my all the GMAT aspirants from Mumbai. i had recently enrolled in Future propel classes in Mumbai.i got to know about them from an add in the internet and they seemed very convincing about their GMAT coaching and their strategies. They charged me a fee of Rs 30,000. I expected that the centre would give me something in return.There is only one guy handling future Propel and he claims to be some IIM aluminus .He was very confident that with my profile he can help me to breach 740 and he made me believe it. But i was very wrong. Future Propel collected the whole fee on the first day and taught me some basic maths for first week. I started to realise that there was something wrong. I found that the teacher couldnt answer my simple doubts. He is one big zero in english and in no way helped me to progress in my verbal. Infact all i was asked to do was solve more questions.The only material that he has is the free downloads from the internet, which was available with me too.The guy makes the students to do manhattan test over and over again till the students are familiar with all the questions and when they score 640 ( being familiar with all qns any school kid can score 640) he says that its equallant to 740 in real GMAT and urges the student to take the test. Yes i fell in this trap too and ended up scoring 580 in my real GMAT!!

He just asks students to solve questions from og,kaplan and princeton. thats it. the only funda the teacher gives is practice, practice and i will get 740. why would i go to a coaching center paying Rs 30000 only to get this advise!!!!
The only thing they do at future propel is invest lot of time in Google putting adwords to get more clicks and fake more students like me.

"Infact I have also gone through the same phase."

Hey priya thank u so much for your valuable insight on how things work, with GMat classes ...
As a matter of fact evn ive heard of many such instances that happend with lot of my seniros in the past...
I've been running from pillar to post enquiring about coaching classes to start from, but havent been satisfied with the claims and rosy picture, which they try to portray...now since you have crossed this stage i would very much look forward in hearing from you as to what exactly should be considered as a benchmark when it comes to choosing such coaching and according to you, in mumbai especially which institute is worth going for ???

i am also looking for good coaching institute for GMAT in mumbai ... i've searched endlessly on pagalguy in many many threads but havent found any help ... 😞

Considering all the feedback coming in, you might want to really think if you need to spend so much money on formal coaching.

Have you explored other options like self-study, peer group study etc? Discussion forums (like apna Pagalguy, plus other international forums) have a wealth of information, including tips and strategies for almost every kind of topic that GMAT will throw at you. And folks have used it to their advantage. Check out this thread to see what I mean --> Nami's story

There are no quick fix solutions if you want to get a high (or even a decent) score. It would require patience and hard-work from you.

Spending huge amounts of cash will not make the road any easier. At best, a good GMAT course will offer you a direction and a structured manner in which to approach the preparation. But beyond that you are on your own.

Identify what sections you find challenging and how to rectify shortcomings. downloading a ton of material from the web also may not be very productive as you'll then start running all over the place not knowing what to do with so much free material. Too much choice also isn't good.

Identify a method that works for you and stick to it.

Also, realise that over-focusing on the GMAT also isn't a great idea. Bschools will look at many other aspects of your profile. Start thinking about that as well.

- Sameer
MBA Crystal Ball

djabhi Says
i am also looking for good coaching institute for GMAT in mumbai ... i've searched endlessly on pagalguy in many many threads but havent found any help ... :-(

hi, i attended IMS for verbal since that was a weak point for me... and i prefer having some "physical human being" (if i may say so...:-P) to be accessible for doubt solving.

the faculty at IMS is great. the instructors are really patient and help u out with all doubts. they are not like the instructors frm other classes where if 4 out of 15 ppl understand a topic the instructor proceeds to the next topic. the faculty members at IMS will explain the topic till every single person in class understands perfectly and the whole class is at one level as far as understanding is concerned.

just one suggestion before u join ne class: make sure u do some self study... for eg. solve the OG and in case u r weak in maths take up Kaplan Math Foundation and go through that... once u do this u'll have a good idea abt the pattern n types of questions that are covered in GMAT. hence u will be able to relate to the happenings in the class in a much better way.

of course... while doing the OG n other material if u feel that u don't need classes... well that saves a lot of money ;-)

also, keep visiting PG and other forums... i personally have learnt a lot frm here :cheerio:

hope this helps