GMAT classes in Mumbai

42 Posts  ·  20 Users
About this group
I want to share a bad experience with my all the GMAT aspirants from Mumbai. i had recently enrolled in Future propel classes in Mumbai.i got to know about them from an add in the internet and they seemed very convincing about their GMAT coaching ...
Page 1 of 5

hey! did you join any GMAT coaching classes finally? can you tell me if it was good or recommend any classes in mumbai?

Commenting on this post has been disabled by the moderator.

Thank you very much

Hi
I wanted to post a few lines about a coaching class called Sharpminds in Mumbai. The instructor covers all sections, verbal, AWA/AWI , Math in 12 sessions in sufficient depth to cover all basics. The coaching is good if you are starting from scratch, however I felt that the coaching does not warrant the cost of the course(20K+). At the end of the day its you who has to practice and without that you cannot score, no matter which institute you go to. So don't spend more than 10-15K on a GMAT class if you are keen on coaching.
The Math workbooks that are supplied in the course though are really very good to understand concepts. For Verbal refer to Manhattan for all sections.

Good luck.

I've heard TIME also gives good coaching, although I don't know anyone who has done it. IMS also provides coaching and also only exams options too (you can get a lot of practice tests online as well if you search forums)..

hello friends

plz let me know if there are any institutes in mumbai which offer tests(weekly)for GMAT.I plan to give GMAT in August,2011.

guys guys listenn......... i m CET student same thing happened with me and my friend..... i had gone to the police station and wanted to register the sase against him Mr. Manish Vijay and get him arrested .... He would have got arrested under section 420 of ipc which is unbialable..... It was under process but he begged to me not to make a case against him and returned to me Rs 15000/- as i had paid him only Rs 25000 /- so guys ..... dont think so much go to the police station and lodge a case against him police will take appropriate action .... I had met the Senior Inspector there Mr. Ashok Jhadav, very kind person will definately guide you guys ... if u all guys go to together will be better.. for more info u can conatct me 9820365670.. regards swapnil

guys guys listenn......... i m CET student same thing happened with me and my friend..... i had gone to the police station and wanted to register the sase against him Mr. Manish Vijay and get him arrested .... He would have got arrested under section 420 of ipc which is unbialable..... It was under process but he begged to me not to make a case against him and returned to me Rs 15000/- as i had paid him only Rs 25000 /- so guys ..... dont think so much go to the police station and lodge a case against him police will take appropriate action .... I had met the Senior Inspector there Mr. Ashok Jhadav, very kind person will definately guide you guys ... if u all guys go to together will be better.. for more info u can conatct me 9820365670.. regards swapnil

Hi 9921
Thanks for your advice. I also think that self study is reqd but i have already taken GMAT once and scored 640(47Q31V). So, i want classes for verbal. How is crack verbal coaching.
regards

i had a very bad expericne with private tutoring institute called future propel.. some fakers call themselves professors..IIM Alums and what not.. once they get the money.. u r on ur own..
im nt saying all institutes r bad.. but i personally feel self study is the best..

Hi friends
Looking for a good coachimng institute in Mumbai for GMAT. please help.
regards

It depends on what area u need the most improvement? And precisely what are u looking at from the classes?

If u looking at study material only, then u can buy Manhattan GMAT guides. The Sentence Correction Guide of Manhattan is the BEST in the market.

As for me i have been out of maths for quite a while and was finding it difficult coping up. Just this week onwards, I and a friend of mine, have joined private tuitions for maths with a prof who teaches Quant to GMAT and CAT students at a reputed institute. The prof teaches awsome and from my personal experience i can say he is the best.

The reason i went for private tuitions bcoz the coaching classes have a rotating faculty and the few profs teach really bad.

Similarly for verbal, there is a crackverbal coaching that happens in Mumbai. It is famous in bangalore and has just started verbal classes in Mumbai itself.

However, my personal opinion is to do verbal on ur own, unless u are extremely bad in verbal. The GMAT verbal comprise of Reading Comprehension, Critical Reasoning and Sentence Correction. Verbal requires a lot of practice and not much of teaching, unlike maths.

First see what u want to improve on, and join coaching accordingly. You even have the virtual classes of Manhattan, Veritas, etc.

PS: The reputed names of MBA entrance prep providers like IMS, TIME, CL dont have very good notes or classes. They must be the best for CAT, but nowhere close to good for GMAT.