GMAT -610. Please advise.

Hi, I just finished with GMAT 610(q-47, v-2 :: . I have gone through many test and consistently scoring 660-700, but on the final day something else appeared. I am software engineer with total of 6 years of experience and wanted to pur…

Hi,

I just finished with GMAT 610(q-47, v-2. I have gone through many test and consistently scoring 660-700, but on the final day something else appeared.

I am software engineer with total of 6 years of experience and wanted to pursue 1 year executive MBA.

Could you please suggest me whether i have to go for the test again? If yes, please advise me, how can i go ahead?

Your help will be much appreciated.

what prep material u used ? what tests u took ??? please explain ...... may be there is something wrong in ur prep method !!!

Hi,

I have prepared for gmat for almost 2 months and gone through with the following materials :

OG 10 & 11
Kaplan
Princeton

Practice test scores:
GMAT Prep1 : 660(M-50, V-30)
GMAT prep2 : 690(M-50, V-34)
800score1 : 650(M-48, V-29)
800score2 : 670(M-48, V-31)
800score3 : 670(M-49, V-29)
Princeton1 : 640(M-48, V-30)
Princeton2 : 650(M-49, V-30)
Princeton3 : 660(M-48, V-33)
Kaplan1 : 580(M-50, V-24)
Kaplan2 : 610(M-50, V-27)

I am planning to appear again in the exam in november end, so please suggest me, how can i go ahead with the preparation to improve the score atleast by 60-70? Also i believe Verbal is my weak point, so please suggest the good material to improve this part.

to be very honest i think that u have scored what u were to score (based on ur practice gmat ).....clearly u never landed in the 700th region.... and the main reason for this is ur pathetic verbal which sc***** u . my friend , improve ur verbal as much as u can ..... u neva study the bible of sentence correction, study MANHATTAN GMAT sentence correction and it will clear almost every doubt. categorize ur RC and CR score and see the accuracy. sentence correction after reading MANHATTAN SC shouldnt be a problem . All u have to work with is RC and CR, for those, OG is more than sufficient ! go for the test but give ur verbal enough time .! best of luck !

hi aliaz_khanz,

thanks for your suggestions.

for sc, i did use the Manhattahn bible and i am bit confident on this. I am worried about CR & RC. could you please suggest the good material for these apart from OG?

pranalrai , no offence , but i think u really were on a mistake going to GMAT without improving ur verbal !!! obviously , bro, u would have seen that verbal was not improving even then u went for original gmat which , i think , is a huge mistake u have ever made..... i know that B schools don't take in regard of old score but it sure does show that how nerdy u r 😃 ...... anyways , best of luck for u rnext attempt !! hope u score in 700th this time because ur quantitative is really impressive !!! just improve ur verbal 😃

Dear advisors,
I gave my 1st attempt of GMAT with 2 months preparation, scored 610 (Q:41, Ver:33), I have a good 4 yrs work ex with Indias leading mortgage finance company, I have already done my PGDBA from SIES mumbai. and I plan to go for an MBA abroad preferable UK. 1 yr, kindly advice the colleges that i should opt for.

Thanking you in advance.

Hi,

I just finished with GMAT 610(q-47, v-2. I have gone through many test and consistently scoring 660-700, but on the final day something else appeared.

I am software engineer with total of 6 years of experience and wanted to pursue 1 year executive MBA.

Could you please suggest me whether i have to go for the test again? If yes, please advise me, how can i go ahead?

Your help will be much appreciated.

Hey Buddy,
The need of opening fresh thread is needless. You are requested to post your queries and requests in this link, http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/low-gmat-scores-find-help-here-25029450

@mods: Plz close this thread !