For those who started 3 months before CAT, 2011

:: This thread is specially for those who started their preparation from July or later for CAT, 2011. Friends participate in the discussions, help with your valuable experience and opinions, share your strategies for these three months and e…

This thread is specially for those who started their preparation from July or later for CAT, 2011.

Friends participate in the discussions, help with your valuable experience and opinions, share your strategies for these three months and everything else that you feel relevant to discuss.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL OF YOU...:cheerio:

i started my preperation in mid june...i have joined TIME for test series...i am not taking coaching from anywhere...
i gave CAT last year too and ended up getting only 80%ile....though i got a call from symbiosys...i decided to give one more shot at CAT...
my strategy is to give as many mock papers and solve as many quality questions i can...the main thing here is practise and consistency...i hope everything will be on the right track :D:D

I attended CAT 2010 and ended up with 65 percentile.
Stating preparation from today.

i started my preperation in mid june...i have joined TIME for test series...i am not taking coaching from anywhere...
i gave CAT last year too and ended up getting only 80%ile....though i got a call from symbiosys...i decided to give one more shot at CAT...
my strategy is to give as many mock papers and solve as many quality questions i can...the main thing here is practise and consistency...i hope everything will be on the right track :D:D

hey what are the colleges that one may expect to get calls from if percentile is below 90?any idea?and doesn symbiosis take though SNAP?
Vivekananda87 Says
hey what are the colleges that one may expect to get calls from if percentile is below 90?any idea?and doesn symbiosis take though SNAP?

Check PagalGuy B-School rankings.
URL -> http://www.pagalguy.com/rankings/2011/

Am going to start my preparations for cat 2011 from today.. bt still confused on how to approach. If anyone have any suggestions you are always welcome... Any how I will start today....

ediso Says
Am going to start my preparations for cat 2011 from today.. bt still confused on how to approach. If anyone have any suggestions you are always welcome... Any how I will start today....

Give sufficient time to all sections. If morning you are doing quant then give adequate amount of time to English in the afternoon and then later in evening do lil bit of DI as well. But don't strain yourself too much that it becomes harassment!!!

i have been giving exams now on a regular basis.. but my percentile doesnt go above 80-85. what shall i do?? please suggest!

The official thread for the discussion is
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2011-aspirants-25059850

It will be helpful if the discussion is shifted to that thread..

The official thread for the discussion is
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2011-aspirants-25059850

It will be helpful if the discussion is shifted to that thread..

See opening post of this thread dude. This is specially for those ppl who need urgent help...

Same as mine.i too ended up 80%ile.not joining any coaching, only TImE test series.tht too i joined in Aug 1st week...
this yr wanna give best shot:)
Same as mine.i too ended up 80%ile.not joining any coaching, only TImE test series.tht too i joined in Aug 1st week...
this yr wanna give best shot:)

You definitely had few calls I guess with 80 percentile. Didn't you???
ediso Says

Take as many mocks as u can,,nd analyze each....

for quants,get ur foundation better,it helps much...
for VA,try to solve some quality Qs..PG treads might helps u ...

Hi All,

This is a good time to start the prep, all we need to keep in mind is that we have to be regular and consistent in our efforts. Make a schedule and stick to it. I am posting a thread which would be very helpful for VA section :
http://thousandsc.blogspot.com/

Hi All,

This is a good time to start the prep, all we need to keep in mind is that we have to be regular and consistent in our efforts. Make a schedule and stick to it. I am posting a thread which would be very helpful for VA section :
1000SC

Thanx dude...
Hi All,

1000SC

Guys, I have also started my studies for CAT in first week of August, and agree with arun that if we stick to a consistent and regular study , than we can soak equally to the guys who are giving inconsistent months to CAT preparation..... SO all the best

i have stsrted yesterday
please give me advice for vocab section

i have stsrted yesterday
please give me advice for vocab section

1. Pick up that Red coloured fat book which is biting dust on your study table, the title is "Word Power Made Easy" by Norman Lewis, there is no better vocab builder than this book.

2. Pick up HINDU editorial either online or delivered fresh at your doorstep in the morning. You will definitely get a few new words there.

Trust me , above mentioned two methods are tried and tested.

can this method help me for this years cat means cat 2011??